General Admissions & OTCAS Waitlist Email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Forever25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So I was recently wait listed at Abilene Christian University. Was anyone accepted or wait listed at this school? The email said "You have been placed on the waiting list, should additional spots open up you will be notified by the department mid April"
I've called the school and it doesn't seem like they give out information on wait list stats. But from reading that part of the email, it seems like they are saying I will be notified mid April? Or am I reading to into it? Can anyone give me their opinion or what their wait list email said? This is pretty much my last chance attending school in the fall so I'm trying to keep my hopes up.

Members don't see this ad.

I would try emailing them back and asking if they rank the wait list, and if so, ask if it's possible for you to know your rank. You can also ask how many students, on average, are accepted from the wait list. Also if there's anything you want to update them on, now would be the time to do it (any new experiences, promotions, jobs, awards, etc).

Reactions: 1 users
I would try emailing them back and asking if they rank the wait list, and if so, ask if it's possible for you to know your rank. You can also ask how many students, on average, are accepted from the wait list. Also if there's anything you want to update them on, now would be the time to do it (any new experiences, promotions, jobs, awards, etc).

I've asked them if I can update them on my observation hours and they said they don't make any changes to your application :/ also asked about the ranking but they always go around ranking information not giving me specifics so at this point I think I just have to wait. That one sentence in the email is what's giving me a little hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've asked them if I can update them on my observation hours and they said they don't make any changes to your application :/ also asked about the ranking but they always go around ranking information not giving me specifics so at this point I think I just have to wait. That one sentence in the email is what's giving me a little hope.

Hi!

I didn't apply to this particular school but when I was wait listed for a spring start program late last year, my letter said something similar. My take is that if there is a spot and you are next up on the list to fill it, they will notify you but if a spot does not become available, they won't. My letter had a date in which they would be in contact by and when the date passed I didn't hear anything else from them. If you haven't already though, I would send the admissions person an email to let them know that you are grateful to still have an opportunity to attend that program and if a spot should become available, you would wholeheartedly accept.

Best of luck!

Hi!

I didn't apply to this particular school but when I was wait listed for a spring start program late last year, my letter said something similar. My take is that if there is a spot and you are next up on the list to fill it, they will notify you but if a spot does not become available, they won't. My letter had a date in which they would be in contact by and when the date passed I didn't hear anything else from them. If you haven't already though, I would send the admissions person an email to let them know that you are grateful to still have an opportunity to attend that program and if a spot should become available, you would wholeheartedly accept.

Best of luck!

Hey! Thanks for your reply. Sounds like a good tactic to try!

I'm wait listed at a school called West Coast University in LA. I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me how long the waitlist is when they applied. Or just in general how long waitlists can be.. I'm guessing at least as big as the cohort size.. so 28 people in the cohort and 28 people waitlisted... but I don't know. I'm 9th on the wait list at West Coast and I wanted to know what are my chances of actually getting accepted (0f course no one knows for sure and each time it can be completely different). I feel like only 5 or so people will probably defer or decide to go to a different school.. I'm not planning on leaving the wait list, but I want to keep it real, once you get in somewhere people don't want to give up their spot just because it's so hard to get into an OT program in general.

I'm wait listed at a school called West Coast University in LA. I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me how long the waitlist is when they applied. Or just in general how long waitlists can be.. I'm guessing at least as big as the cohort size.. so 28 people in the cohort and 28 people waitlisted... but I don't know. I'm 9th on the wait list at West Coast and I wanted to know what are my chances of actually getting accepted (0f course no one knows for sure and each time it can be completely different). I feel like only 5 or so people will probably defer or decide to go to a different school.. I'm not planning on leaving the wait list, but I want to keep it real, once you get in somewhere people don't want to give up their spot just because it's so hard to get into an OT program in general.

Hey. I was waitlisted there and moved up the list very quickly. People will decline the offer and the slots will open up! You should be good especially this early!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey. I was waitlisted there and moved up the list very quickly. People will decline the offer and the slots will open up! You should be good especially this early!
Oh really?! Are you in their program now? When did you apply? I applied for Spring and I feel like not many schools are accepting people before January so it lowers my chances. I also feel with the program becoming more well known that more people are going to keep their spots. But idk how well known their program is now...

Oh really?! Are you in their program now? When did you apply? I applied for Spring and I feel like not many schools are accepting people before January so it lowers my chances. I also feel with the program becoming more well known that more people are going to keep their spots. But idk how well known their program is now...

I did not end up going to West Coast, but I applied for the fall term and I finished my application around the end of OCT. I wouldnt worry, but i would check in every two weeks to just make sure they know you are waiting to hear and are interested.

I did not end up going to West Coast, but I applied for the fall term and I finished my application around the end of OCT. I wouldnt worry, but i would check in every two weeks to just make sure they know you are waiting to hear and are interested.
Oh okay. Do you remember what number on the waitlist you were?

Nope. Went from 9th to 2nd. So close but not close enough.. it sucked.
Aww :( I'm sorry to hear that. Are you attending another program or I'll you be applying again to WCU?

Aww :( I'm sorry to hear that. Are you attending another program or I'll you be applying again to WCU?
I got accepted into another program, so I'm prepared to move forward with that.. but I am reapplying to WCU. Hopefully I can get in since they modified their requirements, which will make me look like a better candidate, and I've started observing in a new setting and been doing a bit of extra stuff. Are you going to apply at WCU?

I got accepted into another program, so I'm prepared to move forward with that.. but I am reapplying to WCU. Hopefully I can get in since they modified their requirements, which will make me look like a better candidate, and I've started observing in a new setting and been doing a bit of extra stuff. Are you going to apply at WCU?
They modified their requirements?
I applied this passed September and didn't get in. I'm currently on a waitlist at a different school and if I get off I will attend that school. But if I don't get off that waitlist then I will reapply to wcu. Do you mind if I ask which program you got accepted to?
I'm sure adding more to your application will really help next time around.