Waitlist movement c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allik11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a waitlist thread for c/o 2020 and I'm sure all of the waitlisted folk, including myself, would love to hear from others if the waitlists are moving! I just found out I'm on the waitlist for Upenn.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't see a waitlist thread for c/o 2020 and I'm sure all of the waitlisted folk, including myself, would love to hear from others if the waitlists are moving! I just found out I'm on the waitlist for Upenn.
Me too!

I'm waitlisted at 3 schools so far. I've been accepted somewhere else and I'm so grateful and really liked the school, but one of my waitlisted schools was my #1 choice.

Hypothetical question: if you accepted an offer somewhere and paid the deposit, but then got called off the waitlist at your #1 choice in April, what would you guys do?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hypothetical question: if you accepted an offer somewhere and paid the deposit, but then got called off the waitlist at your #1 choice in April, what would you guys do?
This is answered by people in past years when stuck in this situation. Partly depends on pricing... some people have dropped the accepted school, deciding they either couldn't afford it or really, really wanted to go to their #1 choice.
Some end up going to the accepted school where they put their deposit. Most of those stories I remember, they end up liking the school anyway.

Go the pro/cons list route. How badly do you want to go one way or the other? Write out the money. If you'll save money even losing the deposit... it might be worth it.

I've been waitlisted at Iowa State and Purdue. Still waiting to hear from Oklahoma State and Wisconsin (my IS).

Only if the #1 choice was cheaper. If I was accepted to a school that was cheaper than those I'm wait listed at, I would actually pull myself from the wait list because price is my number one factor. I feel you'll get the same relative experience no matter where you go and location is not a factor for me. So the only way I would jump from one acceptance to another is if the second one is cheaper.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah same I've been Waitlisted at my top two choices and not really sure if their lists even move but I'm extremely excited that I received my first acceptance this week to a school I would love to attend :D only plus side

I'm waitlisted at 3 schools so far. I've been accepted somewhere else and I'm so grateful and really liked the school, but one of my waitlisted schools was my #1 choice.

Yeah I agree with some of the other answers to this question. For me, I've been accepted into Purdue and I'm still deciding between Upenn and Purdue, which is tough because I've only been waitlisted at Upenn. Most likely I'll confirm my acceptance at Purdue and pay the deposit. If I end up getting into Upenn and decide I'd rather go there, if I can afford to I'll just take the loss on my deposit for Purdue and go to Upenn.

Reactions: 1 users
Penn provides you with your number on the list after the deadline to confirm your spot!! I was Waitlisted there as well! And I'm in the same situation was just accepted at Purdue, but I'm still waiting on tufts and deciding between there and Purdue will be tricky for me as to where to put a deposit down if I'm lucky enough to get in at tufts too!

I'm waitlisted at OSU, I have my fingers crossed that I will get pulled. Trying not to panic.

This happened to me in May during the last cycle. UF was my dream school and I was waitlisted, I was rejected IS, and accepted to IL. I had already paid my deposit and signed for an apartment in Illinois (I wasn't going to lose an acceptance!). The tuition difference wasn't that striking, especially after considering I had already signed for a $5000 apartment (for the year), paid $660 for parking, and so on. I also factored in the flights I'd probably take over 4 years and the stress I'd be putting on my pets with a 20 hour drive.

Had the tuition been drastically cheaper at UF, I would have spent more time deciding. The main thing is that at UF, I would have been fixed at $50k and here at IL tuition goes up by 2% every year. But I'm not buying airline tickets or driving 20 hours. It's really what's important to you at the end of the day, too.

Penn provides you with your number on the list after the deadline to confirm your spot!! I was Waitlisted there as well! And I'm in the same situation was just accepted at Purdue, but I'm still waiting on tufts and deciding between there and Purdue will be tricky for me as to where to put a deposit down if I'm lucky enough to get in at tufts too!
Purdue is an interesting choice I think. I think the school is great but the one thing holding me back from committing right now is I really didn't like Lafayette... I know in the end it's the education that matters but I'd prefer to live in a more lively town

Purdue is an interesting choice I think. I think the school is great but the one thing holding me back from committing right now is I really didn't like Lafayette... I know in the end it's the education that matters but I'd prefer to live in a more lively town

I agree with that but I loved the curriculum I really like PBL and it sounds like as far as hands on is concerned there is no shortage!! I'm worried about the social life aspect though which I know shouldn't be a huge factor when deciding but I can't help it haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with that but I loved the curriculum I really like PBL and it sounds like as far as hands on is concerned there is no shortage!! I'm worried about the social life aspect though which I know shouldn't be a huge factor when deciding but I can't help it haha
I couldn't agree more! I think Purdue is better at integrating clinical skills than UPenn even, but still curriculum isn't everything. We also have to be in a good place mentally and emotionally so succeed in school!

I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one who thought something like this. I was definitely ok with being waitlisted at Purdue, gives me more time to think about it.

I am dying to get into Purdue... I love love loved the school while I was there. Hoping and praying to be a wait list survivor.

Reactions: 2 users
I am dying to get into Purdue... I love love loved the school while I was there. Hoping and praying to be a wait list survivor.

Same here, OOS :( ... Purdue would be my top choice for sure if it was IS.
Also pretty high on the Michigan State IS waitlist, but I feel like that list will barely move which makes being so close so painful.
Good luck everyone.

WSU waitlisted, and they said they didn't rank, so I have no idea where I stand. I love that program so so much, it's pretty much my dream school!

Waitlisted at PEI, but still waiting to hear back from tufts, which is my top choice. If I get in there I'll take myself off of the waitlist at PEI. If I don't... Then I guess it's more of a waiting game :/

I went to Purdue for undergrad. No, there is nothing special about Lafayette, but if you are younger still (22/23) and like to go out and drink and socialize you can find some fun places. I didn't turn 21 until my senior year and I managed to find plenty of things to entertain me outside of bars also. Because it is a college town, there seems to be more of an integrated family feel there because there's no where else to go :p Now that I'm older and I don't really drink or eat out, I'd be a bit more worried about moving back to West Lafayette, but I could make it work. I had friends who grew up there and loved it.
If you really need to get away, you really aren't that far from Indianapolis or Chicago depending on your flavor. Plus, you'll be so busy in vet school you might appreciate there being nothing to do there....except for home football game days. Breakfast club is a must, as is a few Thursday nights at the Cactus with Bruce if you've never been.

I am so stoked you guys started this thread! I am wait listed at Michigan State (IS). Sounds like I am mid- list, so I don't think there is much hope for me, but I just scored two really great part time jobs and am trying to keep busy until mid April.

Can waitlisted students request file reviews?

MSU said they won't offer file review to wait listed students until after April 15th. This poses a problem since most spring/summer courses want registration if you plan on retaking any courses to boost GPA.
This is what I anticipate they will tell me needs improvement.

Not really sure what to do if that is the area that needs improvement...advice?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Can waitlisted students request file reviews?

I think this varies greatly by school. I would look over whatever e-mail/mail they sent you and see if it mentions anything about file reviews. If not, it probably wouldn't hurt to ask them.

Not really sure what to do if that is the area that needs improvement...advice?
Maybe sign up for the summer classes now, and wait for the acceptance. If you are planning on reapplying next year ( worst case scenario) then the admission committee will see that you attempted to make up for your lower grades, which they should appreciate.

Hi! I interviewed at 4 schools this cycle, so far I've been rejected from Minnesota (top choice), and wait listed at Kansas and UPenn. I have yet to hear back from Tufts, they're my last shot at a straight acceptance without waiting until April. I won't say an opinion on dropping an acceptance for a wait listed acceptance until I find out whether or not I'm triple wait listed, double wait listed with an acceptance, or double wait listed without an acceptance. I have to say after being invited to interview at the 4 top schools I applied to, I thought my chances were looking okay. I'm super disappointed. I'll reapply if I don't get in, but I had high hopes.
And for UPenn, we can actually find out where we stand on the wait list in 2-3 weeks. They wait for everyone who's been offered a spot on the wait list to accept or decline by March 2nd and then they rank us.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Anddddddd alternate at Tufts.

Looking at previous years' threads is a good start for learning about how waitlists move for a particular school. I'd look at past waitlist threads and past threads for the school. It's how I learned that both Purdue and Iowa State tend to have a lot of movement on the OOS list.

Waitlisted at Tufts and University of Missouri and rejected from all other schools I applied to...Probably will need another year to build my resume but I really, really hope that things move around instead

I was waitlisted at Tufts, PEI, and Western. My top choice and IS is tufts. Does anyone know if Tufts waitlist separates IS and OOS applicants and how it moves?

I was waitlisted at Tufts, PEI, and Western. My top choice and IS is tufts. Does anyone know if Tufts waitlist separates IS and OOS applicants and how it moves?

Yeah I'm curious about tufts as well. It's my top choice I'm OOS though. I was also Waitlisted at penn and Cornell and still have two schools to hear from so hoping I don't end up an alternate at 5 schools!!

I'm IS waitlisted at Michigan State. I'm far enough down that I don't expect much to come of it though.
I saw in an old thread that one time Wisconsin made it to close to #90 on the list which is way more than I ever expected. I know it's a different school, but just offering a little bit of hope!

I saw in an old thread that one time Wisconsin made it to close to #90 on the list which is way more than I ever expected. I know it's a different school, but just offering a little bit of hope!

That was OOS. The in state waitlist for Wisconsin is 25 and they take anywhere from 2-15 off of that.

Anyone have any idea how much the Tufts IS waitlist moves?

Anyone have some input on UC Davis waitlist movement?
When I went to Davis as an undergrad (graduated last year), the admissions director told me they usually will accept up to #10-15 on the wait list. I'm not sure if there is only one wait list or a separate one for OOS as well. Otherwise I think this number only refers to IS wait list.

That was OOS. The in state waitlist for Wisconsin is 25 and they take anywhere from 2-15 off of that.
My mistake in regards to numbers however, the point I was trying to make was to not completely give up hope.

7c687debe61f4b5aca1f1465811bbd05.jpg

however, the point I was trying to make was to not completely give up hope.

Nah, I haven't completely given up hope, but I know that the likelihood of me getting pulled off the waitlist is quite low. I almost wish I could completely give up hope because then I wouldn't have to worry about filling out a FAFSA or sending in final transcripts, all "just in case". :p

Does anyone know about wait list movement at Ohio State last year? I found info from the years prior to last, but nothing recent.

Does anyone know about wait list movement at Ohio State last year? I found info from the years prior to last, but nothing recent.

Last year they didn't tell people their position on the waitlist if I remember correctly. That's probably why you haven't found any info on last year's waitlist movement.

Last year they didn't tell people their position on the waitlist if I remember correctly. That's probably why you haven't found any info on last year's waitlist movement.

Thank you, the waiting is killing me. I feel so close, yet so far away!

Do you think they have a single waitlist or an IS and OOS waitlist?

There should only be a single waitlist. Their criteria for admission, once you are offered an interview, is based exclusively on how well you did on the interview. Your ranking on the waitlist is also based of your inteview score!

Also, if you look at the previous years' statistics, you can see the number of non-residents offers/acceptances vary a fair bit!

Does anyone know of any waitlists that will move before April 15th also?

There should only be a single waitlist. Their criteria for admission, once you are offered an interview, is based exclusively on how well you did on the interview. Your ranking on the waitlist is also based of your inteview score!

Also, if you look at the previous years' statistics, you can see the number of non-residents offers/acceptances vary a fair bit!
Maybe it's different for UC Davis, but pretty much every other school I've heard of has IS and OOS wait lists as separate because of funding purposes. They can't offer an in state student a spot when an out of state student drops because the spot that is available is for a student who is going to pay out of state tuition.