About the ads

waitlist success stories!? past or present!

Discussion in 'Occupational Therapy [ O.T.D ]' started by member1019, May 2, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. member1019

member1019

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Just wondering if anyone has been pulled off a waitlist for acceptance for 2012 cycle or in the past? I am on a couple waitlists and have received an acceptance, which makes it hard for prerequisite and moving decisions! What are some of your experiences? :)
  2. OTLove

OTLove

Pre-Rehab Sci [AuD/DPT/OTD]
    Congrats!! where was your acceptance to? I am on a few but have been told the odds are not good of getting off of them
  3. AnxiousOT

AnxiousOT

Do not loose hope! I was rejected from all schools and waitlisted on one ( I think OTCAS messes up my application). The one school i was waitlisted on was my number 1 choice, and I applied independently. Thankfully last week I was accepted! Stay positive, and if waitlisted try to keep in touch with the programs which most interest you. That is what I did and it paid off big time!
  4. member1019

member1019

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    I was accepted at Winston-Salem, which was a last minute application, so I don't know much about the school/program! Where were you accepted AnxiousOT? I've been trying to keep in touch without seeming a pain to the schools, but they don't seem open to giving extra info. Still hoping to get pulled off a waitlist soon! Thanks for the feedback : )
  5. AnxiousOT

AnxiousOT

Rush University in Chicago. I called a couple times, sent in two additional letters of recommendation, a letter in the mail expressing my interest, and emailed stating my continued interest in the program and school about 6 weeks after being waitlisted. I made sure they knew who I was.
  6. member1019

member1019

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    I was just accepted off the waitlist at Towson! So excited!
  7. STHERE

STHERE

DPT / OTD
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I agree standing out from your peers on a waitlist, make a contact. Wait listed at Philadelphia University as soon as I applied and then called a few times expressing my interests and got in!
  8. 2bOT

2bOT

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    Quick question for all you lucky waitlist success stories - were you told your number on the waitlist? I'm just curious how deep into the waitlists some schools are going. Thanks!
  9. member1019

member1019

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    They wouldn't give any info on rank. (Except for Toledo, they will give you a number.)
  10. STHERE

STHERE

DPT / OTD
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    They are not allowed to give you a number. Basically I was told there is two piles, a good pile and a crap pile. (She didn't say that, but more or less...) I was in the good pile with 74 other people!
  11. stephaniepk87

stephaniepk87

i was just accepted off a wait list for my #1 school. ITS NOT TOO LATE
  12. Toby Tulsa

Toby Tulsa

Other Health Professions Student
    Congrats! Where will you be attending? Also, wondering if you have been accepted to another program and now will free up a spot in that school?