Waitlist Survivors c/o 2018!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwliu86

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I figured with decisions coming out from schools all around the country and internationally, we should have this thread for waitlisted hopefuls! Never give up hope, it's not over until the fat lady sings! Regarding the list below: if you are offered a seat off the waitlist, please re-post this thread with your username, OOS or IS, and mode of correspondence from the school (email/snailmail/phone) next to the respective school you've been accepted to! Good luck to all who have been selected as alternates and have faith that the waitlists will be moving even before April 15th!

Atlantic Veterinary College:

Auburn:

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Ohio State:

Oklahoma State University:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University:

Royal Veterinary College:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

UC Davis:

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM:

Washington State University:

Western University of Health Sciences:

Members don't see this ad.

I hope I get to add myself to the success list on here! interested to see how fast the waitlists move. waitlisted at WSU.

Well my coworker was wait listed by the university of Georgia last year and she got in a day before classes started.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sometimes last minute things like that happen. When I was deciding on my final choice and visited OK-State I was told they once had a student who was so indecisive they paid the deposit at three different vet schools(OSU being one of them) but then the dummy didn't inform the other two schools after making their final decision. It was only a week or so until classes started when the school realized what had happened so the next person on the waitlist got a pretty last minute offer to fill the spot.

Hoping to hear a call from Kansas after April 15!!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone here accepted at other schools, but wait listed at their top pick? I was accepted at ohio and wait listed at mizzou!

Does anyone ever hear back before April 15th?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone here accepted at other schools, but wait listed at their top pick? I was accepted at ohio and wait listed at mizzou!

Does anyone ever hear back before April 15th?

Its funny, Ohio State is my in-state, so my number one pick, but got waitlisted. I was accepted at Mizzou though, which was my 2nd pick, so not feeling to bummed at all about the whole thing! But its funny how our situation is flip-flopped!! :rolleyes: I'm setting a time frame in my head of when I won't consider Ohio State, because I will need to completely commit to one so I can find housing and such... But I wish I could start on that now, but waiting until after April 15th... Hate the idea of forfeiting a deposit, but whatever happens, happens! Hopefully you will get into Mizzou too!!! I absolutely LOVED it! :love::love:

Its funny, Ohio State is my in-state, so my number one pick, but got waitlisted. I was accepted at Mizzou though, which was my 2nd pick, so not feeling to bummed at all about the whole thing! But its funny how our situation is flip-flopped!! :rolleyes: I'm setting a time frame in my head of when I won't consider Ohio State, because I will need to completely commit to one so I can find housing and such... But I wish I could start on that now, but waiting until after April 15th... Hate the idea of forfeiting a deposit, but whatever happens, happens! Hopefully you will get into Mizzou too!!! I absolutely LOVED it! :love::love:
Wow that is funny! Let's trade! xD If only, right?

KSU: Waitlist

UGA: no responce yet

Midwestern: Interview

Super nervous and kind of discouraged

Hoping to hear a call from Kansas after April 15!!
Me too. [Assuming I get rejected from Purdue, which is likely since I bombed the interview lol]. This wait going to be the death of me.

Waitlisted for Purdue and Iowa State. I haven't heard back from Michigan or Penn.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait listed at mizzou and now also UF

Waitlisted at Michigan State and Illinois :/ Last hope for me

Seems we are almost in the same boat... Wait listed at Iowa State waiting to hear from Mich State, Penn, and NCSU.
so... I checked my email and I just got waitlisted for Michigan State. Everything seems so uncertain, I have had no denials nor acceptances yet =/

so... I checked my email and I just got waitlisted for Michigan State. Everything seems so uncertain, I have had no denials nor acceptances yet =/
I know the feeling... waitlisted at my IS. I feel like I don't have next year figured out any more than I did before applying. Sigh.

Waitlisted at Cornell, my dream school. Here's to hoping the next month and a half goes by fast!

i am waitlisted at auburn but got into my top choice, here's hoping my spot goes to one of you guys :)

I'm in state :/ So not much chance for movement there
Ah well good luck! I heard they went through the whole OOS waitlist last year so hopefully there's movement on IS too.

has anybody heard about how fast the Georgia OOS wait list moves?

for those of you wait listed at multiple schools how are you researching living situations? Are you just looking at apartments online for each city, or are you all waiting until after april 15th to really start making plans? I'm worried that all the peeps that are accepted and confirmed wherever will be starting on leasing their apartments and stuff beginning now, and I don't want to end up in a closet or a really bad part of town or something like that. Any suggestions.... thoughts?

for those of you wait listed at multiple schools how are you researching living situations? Are you just looking at apartments online for each city, or are you all waiting until after april 15th to really start making plans? I'm worried that all the peeps that are accepted and confirmed wherever will be starting on leasing their apartments and stuff beginning now, and I don't want to end up in a closet or a really bad part of town or something like that. Any suggestions.... thoughts?

I'm just waiting to see if I'll get in anywhere. I've done research online and looked at the locations of places when I was in the towns interviewing so I have decent ideas of where things are. But yeah, mostly just waiting! :p

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how quickly Mississippi, Auburn, or Purdue waitlists move? Im on all three...unfortunately only Mississippi will tell me where I am on their list.

Does anyone know how quickly Mississippi, Auburn, or Purdue waitlists move? Im on all three...unfortunately only Mississippi will tell me where I am on their list.

I'm on Auburn's as well, but no I don't have any clue :\

Maybe this question is specific for each school, but this seems like an appropriate group to ask. Let's say you were accepted by one school, but waitlisted at other schools that you'd rather go to. If April 15th is approaching quickly and you haven't heard from those schools, are you stuck (I don't mean stuck like it's not a great school, I just mean stuck as in it being your only option) with accepting your invitation? OR hypothetically, can you say yes to the school, pay your deposit, and if the waitlist schools call you offering you a spot, say yes to that spot, and just take the loss of money at the other school with the non-refundable fee? Hopefully that makes sense...I just don't wanna say yes to one school and then have the other one come up as a real option afterwards and regret anything.

Maybe this question is specific for each school, but this seems like an appropriate group to ask. Let's say you were accepted by one school, but waitlisted at other schools that you'd rather go to. If April 15th is approaching quickly and you haven't heard from those schools, are you stuck (I don't mean stuck like it's not a great school, I just mean stuck as in it being your only option) with accepting your invitation? OR hypothetically, can you say yes to the school, pay your deposit, and if the waitlist schools call you offering you a spot, say yes to that spot, and just take the loss of money at the other school with the non-refundable fee? Hopefully that makes sense...I just don't wanna say yes to one school and then have the other one come up as a real option afterwards and regret anything.

I think you can, as long as you're willing to forfeit that deposit money. They should still have other people on either an IS or OOS waitlist to replace you if you decide not to attend after all for any reason.

Anyone know about the waiting list at UF IS? How fast it moves? Or how long? They don't release any info :/

Anyone know about the waiting list at UF IS? How fast it moves? Or how long? They don't release any info :/
I know a few years ago they took almost everyone off the waitlist, other years almost no one :( I'm on the waitlist too so really hoping it moves this year.

This year they sent out 88 acceptances for IS seats, which is also exactly how many seats are available. Because of this, if even one person declines a seat someone from the IS wait list will be called.

I looked at statistics from previous years (knowing semi recently all were called off the wait list) and I think the wait list is about 15 people. But that's just based on how many people declined offers until the class was full, 15 was the most and the next year or two years later it was only a few who declined seats, like 5 or something.

Ah well good luck! I heard they went through the whole OOS waitlist last year so hopefully there's movement on IS too.

Just wondering, where did you hear this? I thought I had read somewhere that the oos waitlist doesn't move that much. I'm trying not to get my hopes up!!

This year they sent out 88 acceptances for IS seats, which is also exactly how many seats are available. Because of this, if even one person declines a seat someone from the IS wait list will be called.

I looked at statistics from previous years (knowing semi recently all were called off the wait list) and I think the wait list is about 15 people. But that's just based on how many people declined offers until the class was full, 15 was the most and the next year or two years later it was only a few who declined seats, like 5 or something.
How did you find out the number that they accepted this year? I would love to know that info for the school that I'm waitlisted at. I hope they also accepted the exact number of seats for the OOS pool at the school I hope to attend!!

Just wondering, where did you hear this? I thought I had read somewhere that the oos waitlist doesn't move that much. I'm trying not to get my hopes up!!
OOS waitlists almost always move faster than IS because people would rather keep their IS seat where the tuition is better! OOS people have to pay OOS tuition for wherever they go OOS. If they get accepted to multiple, well everyone has a different favorite school :) so there are usually more people who decline their offers from the OOS pool thus the waitlist moves more (plus half the waitlisters already chose another school... More movement)

OOS waitlists almost always move faster than IS because people would rather keep their IS seat where the tuition is better! OOS people have to pay OOS tuition for wherever they go OOS. If they get accepted to multiple, well everyone has a different favorite school :) so there are usually more people who decline their offers from the OOS pool thus the waitlist moves more (plus half the waitlisters already chose another school... More movement)

Right, I totally understand that but I was referring to a post that had mentioned Michigan state specifically. I had thought I heard somewhere that MSU's oos alternate list didn't move too much last year and was just wondering where the poster had heard that info. Thank you though!! :)

Right, I totally understand that but I was referring to a post that had mentioned Michigan state specifically. I had thought I heard somewhere that MSU's oos alternate list didn't move too much last year and was just wondering where the poster had heard that info. Thank you though!! :)
Ohhh weird!! That sounds backwards.. I feel like I saw some old threads (same topic as this one) from previous years who had a bunch of OOS waitlisters called up. I might be confusing that with Minnesota? But I would check those threads! Sometimes they give you a good idea. People update with what number they were (if number is given out) when they get called.

I was told the Purdue OOS list usually moves. One of my friends was waitlisted then later accepted. Some of the students there assured me that the lists do move (I assumed I was going to be waitlisted rather than accepted so I looked into it). I was told the IS barely moves tho (explains why they interview more than twice the amount of OOS than IS applicants).

How did you find out the number that they accepted this year? I would love to know that info for the school that I'm waitlisted at. I hope they also accepted the exact number of seats for the OOS pool at the school I hope to attend!!
I emailed the admissions adviser and she told me they accepted 88. She wouldnt tell me how many were on the wait list, but some schools do. Mizzou for example has around 70 on the OOS wait list and in the past few years they accepted around 30 one year and 60 another year

I emailed the admissions adviser and she told me they accepted 88. She wouldnt tell me how many were on the wait list, but some schools do. Mizzou for example has around 70 on the OOS wait list and in the past few years they accepted around 30 one year and 60 another year
Oh okay!! I might try doing that :) this whole process is so stressful! We all just wanna know now! XD

I called MSU (the number on the bottom of the email) and asked what number I was. Then she said there's 40 people on the OOS waiting list total and last year they went through the whole list to fill the class. Doesn't mean it'll happen again, but there's hope! I heard now they're frustrated with so many people calling, I called right after I received the email but another girl said to just email them and they'll let you know what number on the list you are.

I called MSU (the number on the bottom of the email) and asked what number I was. Then she said there's 40 people on the OOS waiting list total and last year they went through the whole list to fill the class. Doesn't mean it'll happen again, but there's hope! I heard now they're frustrated with so many people calling, I called right after I received the email but another girl said to just email them and they'll let you know what number on the list you are.

Haha yeah that was me who wrote that. They seemed annoyed that I was calling to ask so I just emailed and requested an academic profile and asked if it would also include my rank. They emailed me back with my number on the wait list. Thank you for all the info! Did they mention how many out of state students they accepted this year?

What exactly is an academic profile? I keep hearing it, but have no clue what it is! :p

I could be wrong, but from what I've heard through classmates/friends, Miss hasn't gone through very many on their waitlist these past few years. There are a few that got in off the waitlist (my best friend in the year ahead of me is one, and I think one of my lab partners is another). April 15th is the deadline to for people to decide on acceptances, so alternate acceptance calls may not be made until after then. As far as contract spots (for those of you in states with contract), they usually do go through a few on those lists since the states have more than one contract school where people get accepted.

I am on the alternate list at midwestern and accepted to Ross May 2014. Midwestern is my number 1 choice... have to make decisions quick. Anyone in a similar situation. Any success stories of being waitlisted and hearing back very soon?? Any advice helps

I just officially declined my spot on the OOS waitlist for Cornell...hopefully that will help someone!

Atlantic Veterinary College:

Auburn:

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Ohio State:

Oklahoma State University:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University:

Royal Veterinary College:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

UC Davis:

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM: Wolfvet (OOS, phone, 3/7/14)

Washington State University:

Western University of Health Sciences:

Just a message to all those that are waiting like I was...never give up. You've make it a long way and the extra wait will only add to your excitement when you get that call! You all have plenty of time, as I've heard people getting seats even up to August, so don't get anxious over the time. I know that every day it's on your mind, but stay faithful and hopeful and it will come. This is my second year applying too, so to all those that don't get the good news they're looking for please let this be inspiration for you as well. Hard-work and determination will pay off in the end. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users