Waitlist Survivors c/o 2018!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me too guys! I'm suppose to start at Ross in May if I don't hear anything from my wait listed #1 choice. Do you think we will hear immediately on the 15th or 16th? Not too sure how soon we will know the numbers.

Members don't see this ad.

Well i made the top 51% of the iowa waitlist -_- lol they emailed our waitlist positions today.
Waiting to hear from one more school before making my decision.

Well i made the top 51% of the iowa waitlist -_- lol they emailed our waitlist positions today.
Waiting to hear from one more school before making my decision.
You did better than me lol. I'm spot 91 so I'm just considering them a lost cause. Good luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Aw. Well, at least you guys know where you're at! AVC won't release the positions on the wait list. I honestly don't see the benefit in keeping it secret. But oh well, nothing to do but wait!

You did better than me lol. I'm spot 91 so I'm just considering them a lost cause. Good luck to you!
Thanks, you too! yea I almost feel like anything higher than 30 is REALLLY stretching it. but I don't know, most schools over accept in addition to keeping waitlists, so its always hard to gauge where you are at in reality.... although who knows... they do have a really big class size....
Aw. Well, at least you guys know where you're at! AVC won't release the positions on the wait list. I honestly don't see the benefit in keeping it secret. But oh well, nothing to do but wait!
yea colorado does that. They don't release rankings. LAME.

WSU doesn't even rank supposedly until they need someone. They try to fill the gap accurately according to who denied the position? So I am just floating in this little pond of people, just hoping lol

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks, you too! yea I almost feel like anything higher than 30 is REALLLY stretching it. but I don't know, most schools over accept in addition to keeping waitlists, so its always hard to gauge where you are at in reality.... although who knows... they do have a really big class size....

yea colorado does that. They don't release rankings. LAME.

Actually, Iowa State flies through their waitlist. It doesn't seem like they overaccept (or at least not as much) as other schools. If you look at a few other threads from previous years, they went to the mid 60s one year and the mid 70s-80s the other. So it's possible!

I was waitlisted at Mississippi, Tennessee, and Lincoln. Just got pulled off the waitlist at Lincoln two days ago!
One of my friends in my pre-vet club is going there in the fall!!

Amen, UF isn't giving out rankings this year either... Frustrating as heck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Down to the single digit countdown of days until April 15th! I hope we all get good news!

Reactions: 4 users
Do you guys think we will actually even hear stuff on the 15th? Wouldn't it be a few days after?

Do you guys think we will actually even hear stuff on the 15th? Wouldn't it be a few days after?
I would guess a few days to a couple weeks after for the bulk of the calls. But who knows!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't read last years thread for any schools but AVC but it looks like they were calling as early as the 11th. But, I think it will probably be a few days after for most.

Yes, I would assume a few days after. But we still have to get to the 15th first!

I just found out that my waitlist number for iowa state is #12. I'm starting to get anxious because I am waitlisted for two other schools, purdue (#?) and michigan (#30). Fingers crossed for movement in waitlists for all! :xf::xf:

I just found out that my waitlist number for iowa state is #12. I'm starting to get anxious because I am waitlisted for two other schools, purdue (#?) and michigan (#30). Fingers crossed for movement in waitlists for all! :xf::xf:

I wish I knew my number for anywhere! All I know is I'm in the top 50 for LSU...

From the sound of it (previous posts on here^^^) you have a great chance of getting a call from Iowa! I'm so excited to watch this thread go crazy soon!!

From the sound of it (previous posts on here^^^) you have a great chance of getting a call from Iowa! I'm so excited to watch this thread go crazy soon!!
Awesome and Ditto! Ready for this thread to explode! =)

Just out of curiosity, which school is your first choice (assuming you got off the wait list at all 3)?? I'm also wait listed at Iowa State and Michigan State and can't decide which I would choose if I get off those lists. I'm leaning towards MSU but Iowa state is significantly cheaper!!!

Hey everyone - congrats to those who have been accepted to Iowa State!!!!!! I am looking for someone to rent a bedroom in my mobile home next to the vet school. Email me at [email protected] if you're looking for a place to live! Good luck to everyone!!!!

Just out of curiosity, which school is your first choice (assuming you got off the wait list at all 3)?? I'm also wait listed at Iowa State and Michigan State and can't decide which I would choose if I get off those lists. I'm leaning towards MSU but Iowa state is significantly cheaper!!!

From my point of view.....if it's significantly cheaper --- choose the cheaper one! You won't regret that later on haha!!!

For me, I think that I will also choose which ever one is cheaper. I know that Iowa is less expensive and the cost of living out west is pretty low. My top choice though is Purdue because it is a program that I felt really fit me and they also have a low cost of living and tuition compared to Michigan.

For me, I think that I will also choose which ever one is cheaper. I know that Iowa is less expensive and the cost of living out west is pretty low. My top choice though is Purdue because it is a program that I felt really fit me and they also have a low cost of living and tuition compared to Michigan.
If I don't get a call off of my waitlist then I'll be going to Purdue! We could be classmates ^_^

Time time go away come back another day... Preferably the 15th :)

Anybody else on here waiting to hear from OSU??? I never see any talk about OSU on wait-list forums or especially wait-list survivor forums. Hopefully the list moves a little more than it seems to have moved in the past

Anybody else on here waiting to hear from OSU??? I never see any talk about OSU on wait-list forums or especially wait-list survivor forums. Hopefully the list moves a little more than it seems to have moved in the past
I haven't heard anything yet... Just a waiting game!! lol I'm sure you will hear something relatively soon, because your pretty high up!! :thumbup::thumbup:

I haven't heard much about them either. Same for WSU... I wish I knew more about the process!

For out of state?

If I get called off the waitlist from either UF or Mizzou I'm going to decline my seat for OSU. Hope that helps!

Just found out I got off the waitlist at Tennessee :) :) :) hang in there everyone, almost to the deadline!!

Reactions: 16 users
Just found out I got off the waitlist at Tennessee :) :) :) hang in there everyone, almost to the deadline!!

AHH! Congrats sblove! I'm super jealous, I didn't apply to Tennessee but wish I had! It looks like an awesome place :)

For out of state?

If I get called off the waitlist from either UF or Mizzou I'm going to decline my seat for OSU. Hope that helps!
I'm IS unfortunately! I am towards the top but it is the only school I applied to so I'm super nervous! I love my job, and working in research but I'm ready to get started with my veterinary career!

Congrats!!! That is awesome!! I hope the calls keep coming!

I'm IS unfortunately! I am towards the top but it is the only school I applied to so I'm super nervous! I love my job, and working in research but I'm ready to get started with my veterinary career!
Good luck!!!

And omg people are starting to hear. I'm suddenly nauseous.

Last edited:
Congratulations! So excited for you - Hope those calls keep coming!

Congrats to those that have gotten off of waitlists! For me every day that gets closer to April 15th is starting to feel longer and longer....hopefully I will hear shortly after April 15th, I can't imagine how long those days are going to feel! Good luck everyone!

Iowa State has started to go through their wait list! I was #4 and just received an offer. Not sure if I will be accepting, as I am hoping to get into Michigan State!

Omg congrats to everyone who got good news this week!! I'm starting to get so nervous.. I can't believe people are already hearing back!

me too! I hope WSU's moves.... Congrats to everyone!

me too! I hope WSU's moves.... Congrats to everyone!
Ah! You're waiting on WSU too!? I hope we both get off and end up classmates! I'm not super hopeful though because their waitlist doesn't seem to move as much as the others :/

The 15th cant come fast enough!

Waitlisted at U Minnesota (#1 OOS) , Auburn (? OOS) and UF (? IS).

The 15th cant come fast enough!

Waitlisted at U Minnesota (#1 OOS) , Auburn (? OOS) and UF (? IS).
We might as well congratulate you on getting into Minnesota now ;) That's awesome to be #1!

Ah! You're waiting on WSU too!? I hope we both get off and end up classmates! I'm not super hopeful though because their waitlist doesn't seem to move as much as the others :/

That's what it seems like :( Fingers crossed for both of us though!

I got a call at 5:00pm today... and I got accepted off the waitlist for Iowa State!!!! =) so excited!!! I was #12 and didn't think they would be going though it so soon!

Reactions: 2 users
I got a call at 5:00pm today... and I got accepted off the waitlist for Iowa State!!!! =) so excited!!! I was #12 and didn't think they would be going though it so soon!
Yay!! I knew you'd get a call from them! CONGRATS!