Waitlist Survivors c/o 2018!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Atlantic Veterinary College:

Auburn:

CSU: Kenggy (WICHE, phone, 4/9/14), willbvet ( phone 4/15/14, followed next day by portal update)

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri: Kittyy (4/15, missed phone call, followed by voicemail and email)

Ohio State:

Oklahoma State University:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University:

Royal Veterinary College:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

UC Davis:

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM: Wolfvet (OOS, phone, 3/7/14), ntorres (OOS, email, 4/14/14)

Washington State University: Kenggy (WHICHE, phone, 4/9/14)

Western University of Health Sciences:

Members don't see this ad.

I declined my spot yesterday after hearing from cornell. MSU didn't responde until this morning so hopefully they are just a little behind ( I had originally accepted the spot a couple weeks ago). Good luck!
The email said that nobody declined their spot. Maybe they meant to do it but never did it because I thout the same thing.

I declined my spot yesterday after hearing from cornell. MSU didn't responde until this morning so hopefully they are just a little behind ( I had originally accepted the spot a couple weeks ago). Good luck!
Thank you very much for confirming and good lock at Cornell

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Auburn:

CSU: Kenggy (WICHE, phone, 4/9/14), willbvet ( phone 4/15/14, followed next day by portal update)

Cornell: onisteverina (OOS, phone, 4/15/14)

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Ohio State:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

UC Davis:

University of Calgary:

Well didn't get into OSU (oregon), got an email saying all spots filled. :\

I definitely declined my seat at MSU. Maybe it was after you spoke with them, though?
I spoke with them today and they said they didn't have to use anyone from the waiting list to fill the seats this year.

I spoke with them today and they said they didn't have to use anyone from the waiting list to fill the seats this year.
I'm sure MSU sends out more offers than there are seats, and that is why they do not have to use the waitlist to fill the class

People may still drop out of the class before the school year starts. Some of those people in those spots may off waitlists at their top choices in the coming days, and give up their spot in the class. I mean, unless they specifically told you something to the contrary, I wouldn't completely give up hope. Generally, you're not really rejected from a waitlist, so to speak, until the school year starts.

Last edited:

Auburn:

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

Lincoln: ashplo457 (OOS, snail mail, 4/1/14)

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi: ashplo457 (OOS, phone and email, 4/16/14)

Ohio State:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University:

St. George's University:

Tennessee: ashplo457 (OOS, phone and email, 4/16/14)

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

UC Davis:

University of Calgary:

Wow that was fast! I'm getting scared about WSU... I wish someone would call them to see where they are in the process...

People may still drop out of the class before the school year starts. Some of those people in those spots may off waitlists at their top choices in the coming days, and give up their spot in the class. I mean, unless they specifically told you something to the contrary, I wouldn't completely give up hope. Generally, you're not really rejected from a waitlist, so to speak, until the school year starts.
Yeah they said they will generate a small unranked wait list for those cases...more waiting.... Lol!!

I live further out from campus compared to most people and right on the border of the map that shows the suggested boundaries on the orientation site and I have never felt unsafe.

Just don't be stupid about things and use your common sense. We also have a ton of services that can help you get your house if you ever feel like it's unsafe to walk by yourself.

ETA: And now I can't tell if that was sarcasm...

Me? Not at all. I've been working in North Philadelphia for a year and a half now, I'm not worried in the slightest.

Members don't see this ad :)
Auburn:

Cornell: onisteverina (OOS, phone, 4/15/14), rdesid89 (OOS, email then phone, 4/11/14)

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Ohio State:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University:

St. George's University:

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

UC Davis:

University of Calgary:

Me? Not at all. I've been working in North Philadelphia for a year and a half now, I'm not worried in the slightest.

Ahhh, that makes more sense now. I wasn't sure after I responded and I was definitely not trying to make it sound like it was something to be ignored, but should be considered way in advance.

Any updates to the U of MN IS or OS waiting list? Anyone been called off yet? How are the numbers moving?

Any updates to the U of MN IS or OS waiting list? Anyone been called off yet? How are the numbers moving?

My friend is #2 on the OOS list and she hasn't heard anything yet. I don't think it has started moving but the wait is killing me!

My friend is #2 on the OOS list and she hasn't heard anything yet. I don't think it has started moving but the wait is killing me!
congrats to your friend for having a #2 OOS spot! Hoping both lists start moving. Needing some good news here!

Any updates on where ISU is on their alternate list?

I'm #1 on their OOS list and haven't heard anything besides the update on the 15th saying I haven't moved. I don't think they've started making calls yet. I'll post when I hear back!

I'm #1 on their OOS list and haven't heard anything besides the update on the 15th saying I haven't moved. I don't think they've started making calls yet. I'll post when I hear back!
Minnesota is great at keeping everyone informed about their rankings. Ms. Nelson or one of the admissions committee members will update you on your ranking every few weeks. I remember receiving a personal e-mail when my rank was #1 on the OOS list.
Everyone, it is still very early in the grand scheme of things for schools and students to make decisions regarding next year's placements. I was in the same boat as all of you last year. I know the wait is rough, but I know that there is good news on the way in the next few weeks. I am rooting for all of you! Do not give up faith and stay positive! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Minnesota is great at keeping everyone informed about their rankings. Ms. Nelson or one of the admissions committee members will update you on your ranking every few weeks. I remember receiving a personal e-mail when my rank was #1 on the OOS list.
Everyone, it is still very early in the grand scheme of things for schools and students to make decisions regarding next year's placements. I was in the same boat as all of you last year. I know the wait is rough, but I know that there is good news on the way in the next few weeks. I am rooting for all of you! Do not give up faith and stay positive! :)

Thanks for the good vibes :) I know i have to wait, but every time my phone rings I get excited haha

Does anyone know how much the VMRCVM IS waitlists move? I'm #14 on the MD one.

I'm thinking they might have gone back to calling after the 21st, but I can't be sure.

Wahoo I just got an acceptance email from OSU!!! Dream come true!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 8 users
I was just informed from Ohio state that I moved from #19 to #11 so Ohio states did move some! @Fightingquaker check your email! :)

Reactions: 2 users
I was just informed from Ohio state that I moved from #19 to #11 so Ohio states did move some! @Fightingquaker check your email! :)
Haha I was way on it! I think I've heard that some other people may have given their spot up after getting accepted else where so the list is sure to move!

Lol I so did not see that you had posted! LOL So happy for you!! CONGRATS!!!!!! :hardy::clap::soexcited:

Wahoo I just got an acceptance email from OSU!!! Dream come true!! :soexcited:
So happy for you! Are you the one who just posted on the FB page a bit ago?? I'm glad you got in :)

So happy for you! Are you the one who just posted on the FB page a bit ago?? I'm glad you got in :)
Haha ya that was me my name is Sarah! Thank you! I am very excited to be able to start this year :)

Just got the email! I was #27 on the wait list at Iowa. I'll update the list when I'm not on my phone.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the email! I was #27 on the wait list at Iowa. I'll update the list when I'm not on my phone.
Just got my email too! #25 at Iowa and I will be accepting. Congrats!!

:) yayayayay!! I just got into Oklahoma State University!!! I'm so excited!!

just got accepted off the wait list for ISU. i was spot #28, but will be declining! good luck to those who are still waiting!

just got accepted off the wait list for ISU. i was spot #28, but will be declining! good luck to those who are still waiting!

I being Iowa?! (we really need to specify the Is better)

Regardless, congrats!!!

I only half read it, an I'm awaiting news from Illinois, so the I in the name was enough to drive me mad hahaha

Auburn:

CSU: Kenggy (WICHE, phone, 4/9/14), willbvet ( phone 4/15/14, followed next day by portal update), jp2026(OOS, phone, 4/18/14)

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Ohio State:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University:

St. George's University:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

UC Davis:

University of Calgary:

Auburn:

CSU: Kenggy (WICHE, phone, 4/9/14), willbvet ( phone 4/15/14, followed next day by portal update), jp2026(OOS, phone, 4/18/14)

Florida:

Glasgow:

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State:

KSU:

LSU:

Minnesota:

Ohio State:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University:

St. George's University:

Texas A&M:

Tufts: brownchickenbrowncow (OOS, phone, 4/15/14)

Tuskegee:

UC Davis:

University of Calgary:

I'd recommend it. Especially if it's a school that doesn't rank and re-evaluates all applicants when spots open up. Not sure if it would actually help, but setting up a file review earlier might help show your interest and might help you stand out.

Only reason I'm at Penn now is because I set up a file review even though I sent a deposit to another school at the time.

I am wait listed at Penn, #5 on the list. Do you think I should set up a file review now or wait a little longer to see if they offer me a spot?

I am wait listed at Penn, #5 on the list. Do you think I should set up a file review now or wait a little longer to see if they offer me a spot?

IS or OOS? Setting one up isn't going to hurt you either way. They usually get booked pretty quickly, but I think you have to wait until May 1st anyway, can't remember.

And my Penn acceptance was really weird, so while yes, I'm only here because of a file review, I definitely don't think it was the norm and I feel like other factors (that I don't know of) played into it.

IS or OOS? Setting one up isn't going to hurt you either way. They usually get booked pretty quickly, but I think you have to wait until May 1st anyway, can't remember.

And my Penn acceptance was really weird, so while yes, I'm only here because of a file review, I definitely don't think it was the norm and I feel like other factors (that I don't know of) played into it.

I'm OOS. Do you know anything about how many people are on the wait list or how many people they accept every year off of it? When I talked to admissions on the 15th, Mac just said that they would be waiting for deposits all week and that they just had to be postmarked for the 15th, not actually received on the 15th. I'm starting to get a stomach ulcer, so I'd appreciate any info you could give me lol.

For any OOS WSU waitlisters who didn't hear, the class is full as of right now and they won't be calling any alternates unless someone drops later on.

After doing the math, talking to vets w/debt and agonizing over my decision, I've decided to decline CSU non-sponsored offer & try again next year for a sponsored spot. :( Just too much $$ for me. I hope someone on here gets it & can better afford it than I.

Last edited:
I've been stalking this page for ages and I've finally decided to make a username! I am so tired of waiting, I just called UF to see what the status was and was told that waitlist decisions would not be made until the 2nd or 3rd week of May because they are waiting to see if any freshman in the class need to retake a year? She wasn't very clear and she kept hesitating, I'm confused and just wish we could have some clarity! has anyone heard anything else from UF??

I've been stalking this page for ages and I've finally decided to make a username! I am so tired of waiting, I just called UF to see what the status was and was told that waitlist decisions would not be made until the 2nd or 3rd week of May because they are waiting to see if any freshman in the class need to retake a year? She wasn't very clear and she kept hesitating, I'm confused and just wish we could have some clarity! has anyone heard anything else from UF??

Nope, no one has heard anything as far as I'm aware (I'm waiting to hear as well). Someone else posted in the UF thread saying lynnette told them the same thing, they are just waiting to see if anyone fails and needs to repeat before moving along the waitlist, and that the class hasn't been filled yet. Although they said it would be after May 2nd? Late May seems a bit more realistic if they're waiting on exam results.