General Admissions & OTCAS Waitlisted 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Curiouslady

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I was just wondering if any other applicants have been waitlisted for programs starting in 2014 like myself. And if so have you heard of any movement on the wait list so far? Hopefully this thread will help some of us on the wait list see there is a chance of getting off the wait list and provide us with a sense of hope! :) good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

I have been wait-listed to the top 2 Texas schools (UTMB and TWU). It is frustrating because they won't tell us how many people are on the wait-list or your position on the wait-list. :(

I was waitlisted at Brenau and they will not release any information regarding the wait list either, so I definitely understand your frustration! Good luck to you though @otgirl1988 hopefully there will be some movement on these wait list soon and hopefully we hear some good news!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been waitlisted at TWU Dallas. I didn't check a 2nd choice. My stats are:

Last 60: 3.85
PreReq: 3.82

I figure for TWU we wouldn't start hearing any feedback for waitlist until February - after the deadline to respond.

I wish everyone good luck!

I have been waitlisted at TWU Dallas. I didn't check a 2nd choice. My stats are:

Last 60: 3.85
PreReq: 3.82

I figure for TWU we wouldn't start hearing any feedback for waitlist until February - after the deadline to respond.

I wish everyone good luck!
That is scary- those are great stats.

I got wait listed for TWU as well. Stats: Overall GPA 3.89 and Pre req GPA is 4.0. I had ~90 observation hours.

I think had there been interviews it would have been less emphasis on just primarily the GPA and more about the overall student.

Reactions: 1 users
I was wait listed at TWU.
Overall GPA: 3.84
Pre-req GPA: 3.95

However, I was accepted into two other schools, so it's okay!

Awesome! I wish I had the option to apply to other schools but still hopeful I get off the waitlist. Otherwise I am applying to UTA nursing and this program later this year. . I'm graduating with my BS in May so my GPA will bump up.

University of Pittsburgh sent me an email today stating I was wait-listed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Were you notified of your ranking? I was wait listed at Brenau and unfortunately we aren't allowed to know our ranking. :(
Nope. They never notified me either regarding what number I am on the wait list.

I am so nervous to hear from twu! I was wait listed for Dallas. Here are my stats:

3.74 undergrad GPA
4.0 prerequisites
40 hrs observation +
Worked as a therapy tech for 5 mos+
High school teacher for 3 years

Anyone heard any news?? Does anyone know if they sent an ambiguous waitlist email about location because they could offer a position at the other location? (In my case Houston)

No. The deadline to accept/deny reccommendation or waitlist is not until this friday the 31st. So we will probably not hear anything until after the first week of the FEb if you are near the top of the list and then it could be anytime from then until the last week before the program starts. And they do not divulge where you are in the list, unfortunately. Nerve-wrecking!!

Hey,

I was just wondering if any other applicants have been waitlisted for programs starting in 2014 like myself. And if so have you heard of any movement on the wait list so far? Hopefully this thread will help some of us on the wait list see there is a chance of getting off the wait list and provide us with a sense of hope! :) good luck everyone!!
I was wait listed for UTMB and got an acceptance email yesterday

Reactions: 1 user
I was wait listed for UTMB and got an acceptance email yesterday

Congratulations!! Hopefully some of us will start to hear something soon. But it is good to see people actually do get in from the waitlist!

I also was on the waits list for UTMB and got accepted yesterday!! :)

I'm excited today was the deadline for notifying if you want to accept recommendation or waitlist. So hopefully us TWU waitlisters will hear something soon!

Waitlisted at Samuel Merritt University today.. My hopes are pretty low since 23 people would have to deny acceptance for me to get in. Sigh.

Waitlisted at Samuel Merritt University today.. My hopes are pretty low since 23 people would have to deny acceptance for me to get in. Sigh.
Are you number 24 on the wait list? Don't give up hope! You never know what may happen!

36. what schools did you apply to? Have you heard back from any? :)
Well there is hope, not everyone will accept and I'm sure everyone will not choose to stay on the waitlist so that will automatically bump you up a few places. I only applied to Brenau and Rockhurst. I was rejected from Rockhurst and placed on the waitlist at Brenau. I have one other school in mind but their deadline isn't until June.

I was waitlisted at University of Indianapolis in December.

No, I called to get some information a couple weeks ago though. She told me I was "right in the middle" of the waitlist, and that the waitlist contains 10 people. Not too shabby because I've heard of schools that put 50 on the waitlist!

Were you also waitlisted there? Where else have you applied?

Were you also waitlisted there? Where else have you applied?
No I wasn't wait listed there...the schools I applied to are listed right about. Only 10 ppl on the waitlist is very good! 50?!? That's ridiculous! Hopefully you'll be hearing some good news soon! You're so close :)

So TWU has sent their second round of invites with me NOT included but I am still on the waitlist. Disappointed, needless to say, but praying in time I might get off.

Is anyone here on Midwestern AZ's waitlist? I was put on the waitlist back in December and am wondering if anyone has heard anything!

Has anyone heard anything lately from UTMB? It seems like Wednesdays are the normal days for emails to go out. Sigh...waiting is the worst. :depressed:

I'm wait-listed at AT Still, Touro Nevada, and St. Ambrose... not knowing anything is driving me crazy! So I know how you guys feel. Good luck to everyone!

Anyone else waitlisted at Philly U? Do you know how many are on the wait list?

Just heard there are about 100 on the philly u wait list :(

I'm waitlisted at Philly U and Stockton. Still waiting to hear back from Sacred Heart.

I am wait listed at UW Madison- I am hoping to get more information next week. I'm really hoping to get in!!

No I wasn't wait listed there...the schools I applied to are listed right about. Only 10 ppl on the waitlist is very good! 50?!? That's ridiculous! Hopefully you'll be hearing some good news soon! You're so close :)
Have you heard back about your situation? Any change?

Has anyone heard back from UPitt? I wonder when they will start accepting people off of the wait list :/

Questions for anyone accepted to phily U or TJ off of waiting list?

1. when did you get your acceptance e-mail?
2. due date for deposit?

Thanx~~