Waitlisted at 3 Schools, SMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliforniaBear2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stats: 3.21 sGPA, 3.44 cGPA, MCAT: 35 (11-physical, 12-bio, 12-verbal). Solid ECs. From California.

I applied fairly broadly this year and received three MD interviews and subsequently 3 waitlists. I'm optimistic one of them will pull through, but I'm looking for some feedback as to what my next step should be? If it is SMP, which ones would you recommend to avoid breaking the bank, while giving me some help for the next cycle. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Your MCAT's excellent. I would definitely use an SMP to raise your GPA if you don't get off the waitlist this cycle.
I think AAMC has a list of recommended SMPs/post baccs.

https://services.aamc.org/postbac/

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I really think it is just my GPA that is holding me back. I have three years of research experience with a poster and a presentation at a large conference, approx 400 hours of volunteering in clinical setting, and am now working full time as an ophthalmic technician. I also held numerous leadership roles at my undergrad. Thanks for your input everyone!

I don't know if it's worth doing but I know that Tulane ACP is a program that requires that you applied and we're wait listed at a med school. Something to look into maybe.