Waitlisted at OCPM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willingdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend recently interviewed at OCPM and received an email saying he was waitlisted a few weeks after. I was really surprised because he had a 3.6 gpa and a 25 MCAT. He got into the other podiatry schools he chose to interview at and he had a rec letter from a podiatrist. Has anyone heard of this before? Maybe the interview actually does determine a lot?

Members don't see this ad.

My friend recently interviewed at OCPM and received an email saying he was waitlisted a few weeks after. I was really surprised because he had a 3.6 gpa and a 25 MCAT. He got into the other podiatry schools he chose to interview at and he had a rec letter from a podiatrist. Has anyone heard of this before? Maybe the interview actually does determine a lot?

Did he interview late? I think Ohio has a smaller class than most?(no idea). Once you get an interview at a school I would think that they are accepting of your stats and just want to speak with you in person to a) get you to want to go to their school or b) to make sure you're normal/ask you about your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
^ I guess that settles the idea that there was a shortage of spots.

It's pretty late in the cycle so they can be very picky.

We usually talk on here like pod schools are simply a numbers game - which is true for the most part. But once the cycle gets closer to the end (ie right now), they can get extremely picky. It's possible they had all their candidates accepted by March and your buddy is on the top of the list. No one knows.

I think AACPM release this cycles stats in September (# of applicants, MCATs, GPAs, Demographics, etc). Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this though. Regardless, there might have been hella applicants this cycle, who knows!

I'm guessing that their class is full. I know a kid accepted in December with a 27 MCAT and a 3.1 sGPA.

Alright I was just really surprised since his stats seemed good and OCPM has the largest class size. Guess they've become somewhat picky

Anybody know about NYCPM? I have an interview tomorrow. what are my chances? my science gpa is 3.3 and non science gpa 3.6 and I took the DATs and scored a 21.

You didn't get in to D-school? A 21 and a only a slightly subpar GPA should have gotten you in to some school....

I didn't realize NYCPM still took DAT, but with your GPA and excellent DAT score you should be fine. The only thing to worry about is their class already filled. I'd say you will get accepted or waitlisted.

Anybody know about NYCPM? I have an interview tomorrow. what are my chances? my science gpa is 3.3 and non science gpa 3.6 and I took the DATs and scored a 21.

You will get a decent scholarship and you picked a good day for an interview as that it's our last final of first year.

I think OCPM only accepted about 90 for the class of 2015... because of the residency shortage...I think we are down to about 75-80 now.

the class of 2016 facebook page for OCPM is at 79 members last I checked. Obviously not everyone joins it but I am sure most do.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using SDN Mobile