waitlisted in nyu in caapid 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistabroad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,, everyone.. i am starting this thread so that we all have some idea about how many people are waitlisted and what we all have to do next..

Members don't see this ad.

I an also waitlisted. the next step is waiting , waiting and waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
me too,,plz evryone waitlited post here,,to get a good idea of possibilities

I am also waitlisted, and your right, now we will just have to wait until interviews are over.... does anyone know until which date they interview?

thank you everybody for replying on this post,, does anybody knws hw they call the waitlisted person.. is it according to the interview date as the student who were interviewed earlier will have the better chance or they select randomly?? and one more question is how many students have been selected in previous cycle of nyu?? any idea??

thank you everybody for replying on this post,, does anybody knws hw they call the waitlisted person.. is it according to the interview date as the student who were interviewed earlier will have the better chance or they select randomly?? and one more question is how many students have been selected in previous cycle of nyu?? any idea??

No No, they will look at your application and select the strongest one. As I saw past threads , Some students got acceptance via regular mail and some got through email. we must see when students are going to drop . Mara told us that sometimes we had to send deposite by overnight shipping.
But something is very strange for me. me and my friend both had interview on same day . He got his waitlisted letter before Feb 15th but I got mine 7 days later. my State is also closer to NY. I dont know what is going on at this school.

One more thing. I know a few people who got accepted but have not joined facebook page. so the total number is more than 58

No No, they will look at your application and select the strongest one. As I saw past threads , Some students got acceptance via regular mail and some got through email. we must see when students are going to drop . Mara told us that sometimes we had to send deposite by overnight shipping.
But something is very strange for me. me and my friend both had interview on same day . He got his waitlisted letter before Feb 15th but I got mine 7 days later. my State is also closer to NY. I dont know what is going on at this school.

One more thing. I know a few people who got accepted but have not joined facebook page. so the total number is more than 58

drmajesty,,thank u for that information.. do u have any idea as hw many waitlisted students in previous cycle had been accepted?? any rough idea??

drmajesty,,thank u for that information.. do u have any idea as hw many waitlisted students in previous cycle had been accepted?? any rough idea??

there isn't any exact number. this is the last year this school offers advanced standing program so next cycle is horrible. the people who got acceptance letter were so lucky. If I was in their shoes , I would never decide to lose this great situation :))

Me too waitlisted

there isn't any exact number. this is the last year this school offers advanced standing program so next cycle is horrible. the people who got acceptance letter were so lucky. If I was in their shoes , I would never decide to lose this great situation :))

ohhhhh,, so chances are bleak,, now we should start preparing for next caapid cycle,, thank u drmajesty

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too waitlisted

When was your interview? what did they ask you for interview questions?could you please share? do you know any criteria they are exactly looking for? sorry to ask you so many questions

Hi fren, my iv was on 15 jan, this time my interviewer only ask one question? Do you have any questions about the school? I asked him bunch of questions and he was happy, I do not know the criteria? Just prepare normal questions, I think they are giving preference to toefl .i have only 97, all the best
Maiya

My interview was very personal . About personal goals and more on the conversational side. It was really good. Went in very nervous, not knowing what to expect. However the interviewer was very friendly and kind. I don't know if interview plays big part as mine went very good and still I got waitlisted.

Hi fren, my iv was on 15 jan, this time my interviewer only ask one question? Do you have any questions about the school? I asked him bunch of questions and he was happy, I do not know the criteria? Just prepare normal questions, I think they are giving preference to toefl .i have only 97, all the best
Maiya

My interview was very personal . About personal goals and more on the conversational side. It was really good. Went in very nervous, not knowing what to expect. However the interviewer was very friendly and kind. I don't know if interview plays big part as mine went very good and still I got waitlisted.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I hope everything goes well:thumbup:

Interviewer does play a part but it is not entirely dependent on what impression you make on interviewer(not at least for NYUCD) I had amazing interview experience and my interviewer told me that it is still a "committee decision" and its not completely up to her. so interviewers do put good words for you if they like you but final decision is made by admissions committee after considering your overall application...at least for NYUCD

Is it only after personal interview you know that you got wait listed?

Did you face the interview how was the experience what are they looking for?

I just recieved waitlist letter ..........so wat next other then wait?

I just recieved waitlist letter ..........so wat next other then wait?

there is nothing to do,,, u can either wait for their letter or just start preparing for next caapid cycle,, the chances of getting accepted in nyu from from waiting list is very less,,

i have heard that there is a movement of about 10 aprox every year...

Have they been sending out more invites? I don't understand the criteria they are using. A friend of mine got waitlisted however her cv and stats are very good, she is even residence of New York State.....

I just received an interview invite for the end of March. Does anyone else have more specific information on the questions that were asked?

Thanks

Hi! NYU hopeful Congratulations for the IV. Can you please tell the specific dates coz sm1 before mentioned that March 14th is the last day for IV, so ple can still be hopeful to receive 1.

Congrats nyu hopeful .. Can u like just tell the dates that were given to u to choose for the interview?!

14th march is the last iv date- told by mara herself. Please dont go by the rumors on sdn..some people just like to trouble others.

I just received an interview invite for the end of March. Does anyone else have more specific information on the questions that were asked?

Thanks

It depends on the professor whom you get..some interviewer ask you personal questions. some ask you abt your stat. Be confident and answer. You can do it. Good Luck!

Have all the seats been filled?

I don't think so. I know a few people who got accepted but did not join FB page. People who had interview in March are waiting for their results. This year, NYU is treating little different :naughty:

What do you mean treating differently? And when will we know what's final decision?

What do you mean treating differently? And when will we know what's final decision?

Each year, a few people will drop due to several reasons. problem in getting visa, loan problems or accepting at other schools may be the reasons. I dont know what time is going to be the deadline for deposits , maybe on mid April. After that they will call waitlisted people according to their application strength.

Anything for those who ve not been interviewed so far..any interviews after regular cycle or the people from waitlist ll be accepted

This year I applied in 2 Dental Schools,Nyu n BU,they didnot consider me enuf competetive even for an iv feel disheartened

Don't worry, it happens to many. Work on making your cv more appealing. There is a lot competition now. Don't give up on your dreams and goals....

This year I applied in 2 Dental Schools,Nyu n BU,they didnot consider me enuf competetive even for an iv feel disheartened

applying just to 2 schools is very risky - but think of it this way god perhaps does not want you to be in a 3 yr NYU program and might give u admission next year in a 2 year program and with a much lesser loan

Vancity dentist,Tontochico
Thanks guys for such kind words.Really appreciate that

Last edited:
Any word on if the seats are filled ? so anxious.....
is there anything we can do while being on waitlist to better our chances ?

Last edited:
Any word on if the seats are filled ? so anxious.....
is there anything we can do while being on waitlist to better our chances ?
I think they will start accepting from waiting list from april second week.all the best to all

Any idea how many students from wait list they accept each year?

I was interviewed on 7th march. Got wait listed :(