About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

Waitlisted

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by thedoc89, May 6, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. thedoc89

thedoc89

Pre-Medical

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I am currently waitlisted at a 4 schools with no acceptance anywhere. I was wondering should I apply again this year even though I am in waitlist. Also there is nothing new I can add to my application if I apply this term.

I just want to get an idea of what to do in case my name does not get pulled from any of the waitlists.
  2. Pattycake25

Pattycake25

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    If you aren't currently involved in any volunteer activities, that is ALWAYS a good idea. If you have literally nothing to add to your application, I'd hesitate before reapplying this cycle. What have you done since you submitted AMCAS last year?
  3. Catalystik

Catalystik Providing Herd Protection SDN Advisor

Physician Faculty SDN 7+ Year Member
    You could apply to different schools if you feel your application had no major weaknesses.

What do you think needs improving on your application? If you're not sure, post all your particulars (stats & ECs with timeframes) and we'd be happy to comment.