#WaitListedAndProud2016_A Post-April 30th Saga

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm seriously considering reapplying this upcoming cycle just so I don't have to retake my MCAT (it'd be for the third time) but I don't have anything significant except a few hundred more clinical volunteering hours (to the same place as was on my AMCAS) and starting a pop up shop business.
I'm applying again this cycle since my mcat is my main deficiency and I've been working on that for months. Though I'm pretty sure I'm applying ED this time around. But my cousin reapplied as I said in my last post and all she really improved on was some volunteering. And she got in. So i definitely think you could reapply this cycle

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying again this cycle since my mcat is my main deficiency and I've been working on that for months. Though I'm pretty sure I'm applying ED this time around. But my cousin reapplied as I said in my last post and all she really improved on was some volunteering. And she got in. So i definitely think you could reapply this cycle
I don't know anything about early decision! I should look into that for Rush because I definitely want to go there and I'm guaranteed an interview next year.

Got accepted off the MCW waitlist. :joyful: Best of luck to those still waiting. I know living in hope sucks. I had all but given up on this school [my top choice].

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know anything about early decision! I should look into that for Rush because I definitely want to go there and I'm guaranteed an interview next year.
I'm emailing the director of admissions at my WL school tomorrow to discuss it with her. Their timeline isn't bad, they let you know if you're getting an II by August and if you get an interview, you find out the decision. It sounds weird but I know my WL school is where I belong

I'm emailing the director of admissions at my WL school tomorrow to discuss it with her. Their timeline isn't bad, they let you know if you're getting an II by August and if you get an interview, you find out the decision. It sounds weird but I know my WL school is where I belong
I feel the same way.

I feel the same way.
Maybe it's worth a shot then applying ED! I know people on SDN say not to apply ED unless you have extenuating circumstances but I know people personally who've applied ED and didn't have too compelling of reasons. I'm willing to take the risk, we'll see what they say when I talk to them tomorrow

I'm just worried about irritating the admissions folks. When I was on the waitlist at cnucom during the summer, I called to ask about my waitlist prospects and received a rejection email three hours later.

I'm just worried about irritating the admissions folks. When I was on the waitlist at cnucom during the summer, I called to ask about my waitlist prospects and received a rejection email three hours later.
Yeah that's a worry of mine too. The director of admissions has told us that if we have any questions to ask. I know people who have talked to her on the phone about the WL lol. They also say to talk to them about applying ED before you do. I just don't know if it's too soon to talk to them about that. Thanks for putting things into perspective for me though. I sometimes have a hard time with the line between being persistent and annoying haha

Yeah that's a worry of mine too. The director of admissions has told us that if we have any questions to ask. I know people who have talked to her on the phone about the WL lol. They also say to talk to them about applying ED before you do. I just don't know if it's too soon to talk to them about that. Thanks for putting things into perspective for me though. I sometimes have a hard time with the line between being persistent and annoying haha
yeah, in that case it was probably more that I brought attention to my file and they figured they weren't going to take me off the waitlist anyways. I still kick myself in the foot a bit for that one though.

And I'm sorry that happened to you :(

There's definitely a fine line, but if you're professional, ask them meaningful questions, and demonstrate sustained interest, I think it could help. I think that the subjectivity of the waitlist process makes them more likely to pick somebody whose name they recognize over some rando.

yeah, in that case it was probably more that I brought attention to my file and they figured they weren't going to take me off the waitlist anyways. I still kick myself in the foot a bit for that one though.
Still, I feel like rejecting you right after that is a bit extreme

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, that one school who I still haven't gotten a decision from... I want to call them and ask if they forgot about me, but I'm afraid they'll just decide to reject me on the spot for being pushy.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's definitely a fine line, but if you're professional, ask them meaningful questions, and demonstrate sustained interest, I think it could help. I think that the subjectivity of the waitlist process makes them more likely to pick somebody whose name they recognize over some rando.
Yeah that is true. So far, I'll I've done to contact them is send updates/interest letters/one LOI and I responded to an email asking if I was still interested. And then I asked a few questions one time. But all very professional, and not just dumb questions to get my name out there, they were genuine questions. I always get such a quick response too, it amazes me how they're so on top of their emails, they must get so many

Still, I feel like rejecting you right after that is a bit extreme
well their admissions was a mess since they cobbled together the whole thing together in a month after they got their accreditation. The phone conversation was completely polite but I think just bringing their attention to another file they had to reject sooner or later was a bad idea. idk whether its better to be vocal about your interest in the school or just keep your head down. D:

well their admissions was a mess since they cobbled together the whole thing together in a month after they got their accreditation. The phone conversation was completely polite but I think just bringing their attention to another file they had to reject sooner or later was a bad idea. idk whether its better to be vocal about your interest in the school or just keep your head down. D:
Yeah same :( on one hand, showing interest is good but on the other hand, they could just think you're impatient

I know this sounds super trite but I believe good things will happen for some of you if you give it time! I was accepted by my dream school on Tuesday night. The WL trickle down phenomenon is real but I think it takes time since a big chunk of the initial movement starts at the schools with "all-star" acceptees choosing between scholarship packages at top schools.

In the meantime prepare to apply early for the next cycle as long as you think your application has become stronger/you had weird circumstances last cycle that shot your chances, like applying in September or less than 10 schools. Better to be overly prepared when you get the call than having scramble last minute if things don't turn out.

Reactions: 5 users
I don't know how to feel. I graduate tomorrow and I'm not excited about it. I am happy for all the people on here being accepted but at the same time, I am trying to not feel badly that I am not one of those people.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I don't know how to feel. I graduate tomorrow and I'm not excited about it. I am happy for all the people on here being accepted but at the same time, I am trying to not feel badly that I am not one of those people.

You gotta pick your head up, feeling sad/down isn't going to help you get off the waitlist! You worked hard for 4 years to get through school, and you have to remember that it's a huge accomplishment to get a degree. Not everyone has the chance to get a degree. At least enjoy your graduation, by recognizing all of the sacrifices you made and all of the people that have helped you along the way. They sure are proud of you, regardless of this cycles outcome. All you can do about waitlists now is wait and hope something works out. If it doesn't, fuel your frustration to kill it next cycle.

Reactions: 4 users
You gotta pick your head up, feeling sad/down isn't going to help you get off the waitlist! You worked hard for 4 years to get through school, and you have to remember that it's a huge accomplishment to get a degree. Not everyone has the chance to get a degree. At least enjoy your graduation, by recognizing all of the sacrifices you made and all of the people that have helped you along the way. They sure are proud of you, regardless of this cycles outcome. All you can do about waitlists now is wait and hope something works out. If it doesn't, fuel your frustration to kill it next cycle.
Thanks. This is actually my masters. I've been on this journey a very long time. I am trying to enjoy the weekend though.

Only accepted to my very last choice right now but waitlisted at my top choice school! Really praying for some wait list movement if not now then over the whole summer. I would take a yes even if it's a day before class starts lol. Keep your head up everyone, it's happened to so many people before us that it's totally possible.

Reactions: 1 users
Only accepted to my very last choice right now but waitlisted at my top choice school! Really praying for some wait list movement if not now then over the whole summer. I would take a yes even if it's a day before class starts lol. Keep your head up everyone, it's happened to so many people before us that it's totally possible.

I am in a similar position. I like the schools I've been accepted to, but I would absolutely love to hear from any of the ones I've been waitlisted at.

My best friend is waitlisted at the school I'm attending next year, and there hasn't been any activity on the school's thread. I think I've been neurotically checking more than him! Hoping the school is waiting until tomorrow to open the WL acceptance flood gate

I would be lying if I said that I didn't die a little bit inside every time I hear about another one of my friends getting accepted. I'm not excited for graduation either; I think it's going to be a painful chore. But we'll get through it and then we'll have all the time in the world to focus on making our applications as good as humanly possible.

Reactions: 2 users
I would just like ONE acceptance!

Reactions: 15 users
Is anyone else having a hard time even opening up the AMCAS? I need to work on a new PS and I'm in denial I think. Its not only the work involved but maybe admitting defeat at this point. I dont want to give up but I know I need to be ready day one to submit.
Edit: and the money..

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone else having a hard time even opening up the AMCAS? I need to work on a new PS and I'm in denial I think. Its not only the work involved but maybe admitting defeat at this point. I dont want to give up but I know I need to be ready day one to submit.
i opened it up to request my transcripts from my first school.. it didn't really make me as sad as i thought it would. my main sadness isn't even about reapplying, it's retaking the mcat which i don't really feel like doing in two weeks. my PS is re-written (i got some amazing help on the PS thread). i go through cycles where i'm ready to move on with my life and start this process over and then at other times i'm holding onto the thread of hope that i'll somehow get in off this waitlist. the only good thing that's keeping the hope alive for me is that i can tell the class isn't full from the facebook group (they like religiously update it when people are added/drop)

edit: now that i just wrote that, maybe i should go study..

Reactions: 3 users

You're completely rewriting your PS? Dang. I just plan to add/change a few things. For me I'm pretty sure my PS was one of the better parts of my application so I feel like I need to keep it similar

You're completely rewriting your PS? Dang. I just plan to add/change a few things. For me I'm pretty sure my PS was one of the better parts of my application so I feel like I need to keep it similar

Completely revamping most of mine as well. Unfortunately feel I missed the mark last time.

Well, I have full faith that y'alls revamped statements will be absolutely beautiful!

i opened it up to request my transcripts from my first school.. it didn't really make me as sad as i thought it would. my main sadness isn't even about reapplying, it's retaking the mcat which i don't really feel like doing in two weeks. my PS is re-written (i got some amazing help on the PS thread). i go through cycles where i'm ready to move on with my life and start this process over and then at other times i'm holding onto the thread of hope that i'll somehow get in off this waitlist. the only good thing that's keeping the hope alive for me is that i can tell the class isn't full from the facebook group (they like religiously update it when people are added/drop)

edit: now that i just wrote that, maybe i should go study..

Could you link me to this thread please? Thanks!

I am also working on a new PS...I hate this part.

Rewrite those PS. Make them emotional.

Make those adcoms cry with equivalent tears you've shed this cycle.

Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I keep checking my email inbox and spam folder every 15 min or so. Idk why since the office would be closed already for the day. It's like I am expecting an email but, not optimistic at the same time.

I don't think I have ever been so pissed about getting telemarketer calls LOL

Reactions: 10 users
I keep checking my email inbox and spam folder every 15 min or so. Idk why since the office would be closed already for the day. It's like I am expecting an email but, not optimistic at the same time.

People have been accepted by portal at midnight. . . I know I'm not helping. :sick:

If any body needs a reader for their personal statements PM me. I'll send you mine and you will see I have some really good experience with them.

I don't think I have ever been so pissed about getting telemarketer calls LOL

You would not believe the amount of phone spam I get on a daily basis, atleast 1-2 every single day.

my phone spam isnt that bad except for that one gw mph guy who keeps calling me

my phone spam isnt that bad except for that one gw mph guy who keeps calling me
Omg, same here. 8th mail about MBS program from one school that rejected me.

Reactions: 4 users
I just got accepted off the waitlist of my state school! I'm going to be a doctor. :eek:

Reactions: 50 users
You would not believe the amount of phone spam I get on a daily basis, atleast 1-2 every single day.
I've suddenly been getting an influx of spam calls (more than what I used to get) so my number must've been leaked somehow lately...which is odd because I haven't filled out any kind of paperwork lately so idk :(