#WaitListedAndProud2016_A Post-April 30th Saga

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's more like being ghosted because they just stop talking to you and won't tell you what went wrong. Just break up with me so I can move on.
I like that expression. Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
IMG_20160619_234122.jpg
13501620_1616923071955159_4095698452971715090_n.jpg
Or for us Warriors fans: When the Warriors were down 3-1 and came back against OKC to make it to the finals :) Let's not talk about the last 3 games of finals though :p
Game 7 was AMAZING!! The underdog took the win.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! I'm applying this year but I've been reading this thread because I know that it is going to be an uphill battle (so thank you for making this thread and giving me hope!), but I also wanted to contribute by telling about a similar experience. Last year my boyfriend applied with great stats (3.9 gpa, 35 mcat) to 15 schools and was given 3 interviews and put on 3 wait-lists. He decided to re-apply and submitted ALL secondaries (22 schools) by the end of July and then... of course... he got a call from one of the middle-tier schools he was wait-listed at and was accepted 3 DAYS before the first day of classes. They told him he was the very last person accepted into that school, which he says is the reason he has worked his butt off in his first year to be the top 1% of his class (had to brag haha- but seriously, the process is wacky if the last person in is the top student). Moral of the story: There is still so much time, don't give up and you'll all be better physicians (and people) for it!

Reactions: 7 users
Hi guys! I'm applying this year but I've been reading this thread because I know that it is going to be an uphill battle (so thank you for making this thread and giving me hope!), but I also wanted to contribute by telling about a similar experience. Last year my boyfriend applied with great stats (3.9 gpa, 35 mcat) to 15 schools and was given 3 interviews and put on 3 wait-lists. He decided to re-apply and submitted ALL secondaries (22 schools) by the end of July and then... of course... he got a call from one of the middle-tier schools he was wait-listed at and was accepted 3 DAYS before the first day of classes. They told him he was the very last person accepted into that school, which he says is the reason he has worked his butt off in his first year to be the top 1% of his class (had to brag haha- but seriously, the process is wacky if the last person in is the top student). Moral of the story: There is still so much time, don't give up and you'll all be better physicians (and people) for it!

Can you ask your boyfriend which body part he sent in? Also, ask him if he thinks a more valuable body part would've have helped him get in earlier

Reactions: 11 users
Can you ask your boyfriend which body part he sent in? Also, ask him if he thinks a more valuable body part would've have helped him get in earlier

Or ask which body part he exposed -- I've heard a coquettish ankle can spellbind some of these older deans...

In all seriousness, though: congrats to the aforementioned boyfriend. SDN isn't really in the business of doling out hope, so thank you to the OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I know he still needed all of his fingers to type up his secondaries.. may have been a few toes though, haven't checked out his toes lately. Fingers may have been more valuable though to really show commitment.

He probably gave up his baby pinky toe, ring toe, middle toe and a appendix.

I don't see the need of the abovementioned body parts.

Edit: you need the middle toe to say eff everyone who ever doubted you

Last edited:
Depends on the school. If you're shipping across state lines, it might be a good idea to throw some ice in there. But more importantly, you should be sure to include a nice note. When I sent a school my leg, I said, "Just trying to get my foot in the door." When I sent them my ear I left a note saying, "Are my ears burning, or is that an acceptance email you're writing?" And of course when I sent them my hand I just said, "Give me a hand! An acceptance would work too ;)"

Sent from Cook County Prison

"Cook County Prison"?!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

ACCEPTED TODAY. I GUESS DREAMS DO COME TRUE.

**MIC DROP**

Thank you to everyone that has provided advice and help along the way.

Reactions: 60 users
Members don't see this ad :)
VCU

Also...does anyone know if I can get back the $996 dollars I paid last week for this upcoming cycle's primary application?? Didn't know if I could or not since applications have not been sent out yet!

Reactions: 9 users
VCU

Also...does anyone know if I can get back the $996 dollars I paid last week for this upcoming cycle's primary application?? Didn't know if I could or not since applications have not been sent out yet!
Hurry.

VCU

awesome man CONGRATS!! haha see you there later this summer

VCU

Listen, my man: I have nothing smart assed to say. You and I have been in the thick of this waitlist battle since its inception, and I know you've been worried. So, I just want to extend my most sincere congratulations to you and wish you all the best.

Also, you can officially change your status now ;)

VCU

Yes!!! Congrats!!! I remember you on the mcat forums and following you here thru out the cycle.

See guys, one less person off the WL :)

To those of us still waiting... Let's continue debating on which body parts to send in to gain acceptances at our WL schools

Reactions: 15 users

To those of us still waiting... Let's continue debating on which body parts to send in to gain acceptances at our WL schools

ImageUploadedBySDN1466565783.855890.jpg

Excuse the profanity but it seemed relevant.

Reactions: 14 users
OMG CONGRATS and I really do hope bananafish's assessment actually happens for all our sanity

Reactions: 4 users
As the summer drags on without word, I can't help but feel privilege in suffering alongside so many good folks.

MsxsV29.gif

Reactions: 10 users
ACCEPTED TODAY. I GUESS DREAMS DO COME TRUE.

**MIC DROP**

Thank you to everyone that has provided advice and help along the way.
Wait what did I miss. Was rooting for you! Where did you get in????
Oh I see VCU!!!! Congrats!!!!!

VCU

CONGRATS! :clap:

VCU

Congrats!!!! That $996 would be the best $996 you ever lost. Once you get your MD that number will look like chump change.

Best Wishes to you!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Thank you all for the kind words, sending all the rest of the luck I have left to those still waiting!

Reactions: 10 users
VCU

Holy macaroni! Congrats!

This actually makes me a little more hopeful!

But about sending in body parts, what would they use fingers and thumbs for? They probably want some internal organs...you know...like your liver or kidney...

This actually makes me a little more hopeful!

But about sending in body parts, what would they use fingers and thumbs for? They probably want some internal organs...you know...like your liver or kidney...

You're absolutely right about that.

Cooper, I'd like to offer my right kidney to you for a seat. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee :love:

:laugh: I'll offer up anything but my bum pancreas. ;)

Wouldn't that be a good reason to get rid of it? Plus it'll hurt him in the long run, which is to your advantage. You better get that gunner mindset if you wanna succeed in medical school.

LOL, ruthless.

You're absolutely right about that.

Cooper, I'd like to offer my right kidney to you for a seat. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee :love:

Maybe if we offer up both our kidneys, and promise to pay the medical school for dialysis AND tuition?

Reactions: 5 users
Maybe if we offer up both our kidneys, and promise to pay the medical school for dialysis AND tuition?
Now what kind of school would refuse that? They'd get a kidney, money from treatment, and money from tuition. Gotta make the most off of us right?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Fine, Cooper, I offer both of my kidneys, all my $$$, and my slowly dying heart that is crushed every week when I don't get a phone call or email back from you guys. Just please love me back :unsure:

Fine, Cooper, I offer both of my kidneys, all my $$$, and my slowly dying heart that is crushed every week when I don't get a phone call or email back from you guys. Just please love me back :unsure:

We don't want your crap kidneys and your weak little heart. Sorry, that was mean. But I'm just prepping you for your surgery residency.

Could I offer them up my soul.... or do they take that anyway?

Not the medical school, that's the patients and night nurses.

Lmao maybe. But I think I remember a section for it on the AMCAS... Yes I think it was near the end when you sign it. Something to the tune of "bare your soul and be judged [check box here]"

well maybe next week folks

Reactions: 5 users