Wake Forest Post Bac 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medblast12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else has applied to the wake forest post bac program?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied. Do you know if the post bacc has linkage to the medical school?

I believe it does not-I could not find anything about a linkage on the website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to you too!

It would be great if someone in the program could give us more information

When did you guys submit your completed application?

Applied in December. Any idea how big the program will be this year?

the website said 15-20 students max

Has anyone heard any updates on their application?

Hopefully we hear something by the end of this month

If accepted to this program, why would you attend it over other programs- like one that offers linkage or conditional acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont know what position many of you are in, but my gpa is pretty low. I was told by a friend of mine that this program only accepts people whose numbers would already get them accepted into medical school. Does anyone know if this is true?

Did your friend tell you exactly what numbers they are looking for? On the website it says they are looking for cgpa 3.0 and sgpa 2.7. I don't think those numbers would get anyone accepted into medical school. Did you apply to other programs? I'm kinda in the same boat as you with low stats, so I applied to other programs to increase my chances of getting in somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Did your friend tell you exactly what numbers they are looking for? On the website it says they are looking for cgpa 3.0 and sgpa 2.7. I don't think those numbers would get anyone accepted into medical school. Did you apply to other programs? I'm kinda in the same boat as you with low stats, so I applied to other programs to increase my chances of getting in somewhere.

He didnt say exactly what numbers, but he pretty much said dont bother with wake forest because thats what they look for. Based on the info on their website I thought I had a decent chance but now im not sure. I applied to Georgetown, Loyola, BU, VCU, USF and im thinking of adding Cincinnati because im beginning to panic. I havent heard back from any of them and was rejected by all but 3 medical schools (as I expected with my numbers.) My mcat is OKAY 27-29 range. But my gpa is pretty bad. 3.0-3.2 range.

well that's alarming. hopefully we hear good news next month

Thats strange. On the website it says that they send out II in March and April. You must be a really strong applicant for them to invite you this early.
Can you send me the link where you see that? I only see that they review applications Dec-Feb.

"Offers may be made starting the first week of February and extend through the first week of April, with subsequent offers extended during the month. The deadline to reply to an offer of admission is April 15th (as designated on the official offer letter). If a late offer is made the reply deadline will be noted on the official offer letter."

"Offers may be made starting the first week of February and extend through the first week of April, with subsequent offers extended during the month. The deadline to reply to an offer of admission is April 15th (as designated on the official offer letter). If a late offer is made the reply deadline will be noted on the official offer letter."
All I see is " Dec-Feb" review by admissions committee
" March-April" offer letters sent.

I didnt know they held interviews in Feb.

Something I do know is that they received 200 applications this cycle. Just in case anyone was wondering.

Received an interview as well! Any idea how many people they usually interview, as well as any significant connection to the actual medical school? The website is pretty vague on that, but how many people from last year's post bacc got into the medical school?

Has anyone heard anything who has interviewed? I feel like we should have heard something by now.

Hey all, I know this is sort of late, but for those who applied (accepted or not): would you mind sharing your "qualifications"? MCAT scores, cGPA, sGPA, volunteering, shadowing, research, etc?

Hello,

Well as seeing that I decided im not going to medical school anymore, I have no problem sharing my stats. I was rejected from this school's program and accepted at Georgetown, VCU, USF and both Loyola programs. My stats are: 28 MCAT 9/9/10. Gpa was 3.2 and sgpa was a 2.7. I have strong ECs, 1 pub in medicinal chemistry, and strong leadership experiences.

My friend who also applied last cycle has around the same stats as me and an extremely strong resume was also rejected.

Good luck to you. Just try and apply to many programs. I did and only two rejected me. This one and BU (well BU waitlisted me and I chose not to write a letter of intent as I had secured a spot at Georgetown already.

Anyone on this thread in this program currently? I have an interview slated for February, and would love to know more about the program from someone who is in it. Does it have a connection to the medical school? What is the interview process like? Any other information would be great. Thanks!

Also have an interview in February! Would love to hear more about what to expect during interview visit...also I booked my flight, but are there housing accommodations?

Also have an interview in February! Would love to hear more about what to expect during interview visit...also I booked my flight, but are there housing accommodations?

I'm not sure if there are housing accomodations. All signs point to no at this point. Are all the interviews happening on Feb 20th?

I am also interviewing on Feb 20th! And would also like to hear if anyone knows anything about the interview process.

Just received an interview invite!

For anyone who was accepted into the Wake Forest Post Bacc program in 2016 or earlier could you provide some feedback on what the interview process was like and if you ended up attending the program could you share your experience? I am having trouble finding information on what happens to the students after they complete this program.

Thank you!

For anyone who was accepted into the Wake Forest Post Bacc program in 2016 or earlier could you provide some feedback on what the interview process was like and if you ended up attending the program could you share your experience? I am having trouble finding information on what happens to the students after they complete this program.

Thank you!
I am also interviewing on Feb 20th! And would also like to hear if anyone knows anything about the interview process.

Anyone on this thread in this program currently? I have an interview slated for February, and would love to know more about the program from someone who is in it. Does it have a connection to the medical school? What is the interview process like? Any other information would be great. Thanks!

Hey everyone. I am a current student and would love to help you all out. Congratulations on your interview invites, all!!! There is usually only one day of interviews so you will all be there together on Feb 20. If they have kept the formatting the same, interview day will consist of one interview, tours, lots of bomb snacks, and presentations about the school and financial aid.

As for the interview, just be yourself! It's definitely not high stress. Make sure you prepare, as you would for any interview, but Wake Forest likes to see the true you! Know how to address every part of your application.

I'm not 100% sure about housing options, but I'm gonna guess there isn't much assistance. I stayed at the La Quinta by Hanes Mall. Not too far and the hotel was clean and served breakfast. I would take a look at the med school website for additional info on housing since things may have changed!

On the program: it's great. Just like any other Post-Bacc or SMP, it is exactly what you make of it! Come here and grind hard and you will see the results. The workload is absolutely manageable, the environment is collaborative, and you are right here at the med school and the hospital.... you get the chance everyday to make connections with physicians, medical students, and graduate students. There is no guaranteed acceptance, but definitely guaranteed interview. Students this year have been accepted and waitlisted, and last years class has a huge amount of students who are currently M1s here at Wake. If you do what you came here to do, you will be in a great place. There are a lot more details, but I will save those for interview day so you have something else to look forward to!

Can't wait to meet you all and feel free to PM me--I am more than happy to help!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone has heard back from the post-bacc program yet?

Hey all,

I received an offer of admission this morning via email! Anyone else?

anyone know if this program offers a seat to their med school the following year?