Wake Forest Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats to those accepted! i didn't get an email so that doesn't seem good.... does anyone know if they have sent out waitlist notices?! :(

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying this year. Anyone else applying too.

Congrats to those accepted into the program! I am unsure if those of you who have been accepted already started the search for places to live but here are 2 e-mail addresses that may be of some assistance in any way to those whom have vehicles. The first e-mail address is a lady who is renting a 4BD 3BR home that she is currently renovating and the second e-mail address corresponds to various vacancies in the area that you are more than welcome to inquire about.

[email protected] (Home and her name is Georgeanne)
[email protected] (Her name is Amy)

Best of luck to you all and your future endeavors

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I was accepted as well ! Wake is a wonderful school and an amazing program. I have other options and will have to think long and hard about where I would like to go !! :) Still SUPER EXCITED tho !!!

Hey, I was accepted as well ! Wake is a wonderful school and an amazing program. I have other options and will have to think long and hard about where I would like to go !! :) Still SUPER EXCITED tho !!!

Did you receive notice on Friday like the others?

Yes, I did! I have been on vacation lol.. So I just now had time to post. I think I know who you are Phil.

Congrats to everyone accepted! I hope you all do great and get ready to head to Med school! :)

Any advice you'd like to share for those applying next year? I was wondering also if my science gpa, which is around 2.59, will hinder my application? Thanks so much!

:luck: On the waitlist :luck: Congrats again to everyone but this is really my only option, so if anyone is weighing their options please let us know so we (on the waitlist) can get an idea whether or not to still hold out some hope
thanks in advance!

:luck: On the waitlist :luck: Congrats again to everyone but this is really my only option, so if anyone is weighing their options please let us know so we (on the waitlist) can get an idea whether or not to still hold out some hope
thanks in advance!

Congrats everyone!!
Hokie luv did you get an email today stating you are on the waitlist? Just curious since I havent received anything still.

Congrats to everyone accepted! I hope you all do great and get ready to head to Med school! :)

Any advice you'd like to share for those applying next year? I was wondering also if my science gpa, which is around 2.59, will hinder my application? Thanks so much!

Hey HopeandBelieve:

Thanks for the kind words! I don't think it will hinder your application depending upon the rest of your application. Have you graduated from ugrad yet? If not, do you think you can take some upper-level science courses to raise it next year? If you have graduated, perhaps you can take some upper-level science courses at the local college or university...just to show the adcoms that you are always striving to become a better student, which gives them a glimpse of your dedication to being a sucessful medical student and ultimately a great physician! Just my $.02! I definitely ENCOURAGE you to apply and to also apply to other post-bacc programs that are very similar (GEMS-Georgetown University; MEDPATH-Ohio State University; Creighton Post-Bacc-Creighton University; SIU MEDPREP-Southern Illinois University (2-year program, and I am not sure if you are given a conditional acceptance to the med school upon succesful completion, but I know quite a few people who just completed it and they are going to a med school in the Fall); and a few Masters/Certificate programs that are geared toward enhancing one's medical school application). Best wishes to you!!!

Congrats everyone!!
Hokie luv did you get an email today stating you are on the waitlist? Just curious since I havent received anything still.

Hi ImMe09, yes it was an email this morning. :xf:

Congratulations to everyone accepted and on the waitlist! I just graduated from Wake and I am a former post-bacc who got in off the waitlist. The road is long, but the end result is well worth it!

Withdrew my spot today:eek:. Hardest decision that I have ever made. Wake is a great school, but I know that giving the opportunity to someone else with no other options would be greater:love::love::love:. Hokieluv, I hope you get my spot!!! :xf::thumbup:. Congrats to all those who will be at Wake for the post bac program this year. I will always be an honorary Wake Forest post bacer in my head lolz!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I just got an account on SDN. I was wondering, if I could have people's opinion on my status. I have a 3.2 GPA and 2.85 sGPA (bio major). What do you guys think I need to get on the MCAT to at least have a chance? I have adequate EC, 6 months of research experience, and roughly 2 years of clinical experience. I plan to apply next years after taking the MCAT in March (or April) and taking 2 science classes at my nearby university to raise my sGPA, in the spring. That's for listening.

Well the Wake Forest program states at least a 21 or above. Just do the best you can and submit a great application and you should be fine!! Aim for a 45 because it is always great to set your standards high!!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm just worried. I have been putting off taking the MCAT for 3 years. So, I finally (really) started studying for the MCAT 3 weeks about 8 to 10 hours a day. I think if I keep it up 'till March. I will have at least a chance to do well.

has anyone received the informational packet yet or any financial aid information?

successful15, I respect that this was an incredibly hard decision for you... but your selflessness in this crzy application cycle clearly shows you will become a great physician :thumbup: :love::love::love: right back at ya!
best of luck to you in the program you have chosen :)

...just wondering, anybody else on this forum on the waitlist?

Withdrew my spot today. Hardest decision that I have ever made. Wake is a great school, but I know that giving the opportunity to someone else with no other options would be greater:love::love::love:. Hokieluv, I hope you get my spot!!! :xf::thumbup:. Congrats to all those who will be at Wake for the post bac program this year. I will always be an honorary Wake Forest post bacer in my head lolz!!!

I'm on the waitlist at the moment as well. Hoping to hear back!

OMG OMG OMG I am sooo grateful to be accepted! Thank you Successful15 because there is a good chance this was your spot! ....i just saw the email and i think half of my work building just heard me scream and jump for joy :D
can't wait to meet everyone! :love:
ImMe09, I'll be praying for you to get good news too!

No problem Hokie Luv !!!! Enjoy the blessings of it all. In no time, we will all be marvelous physicians thanks to these wonderful programs !!!!

Yay!!! Congratulations Hokie Luv!!!! And thank you :)

Thanks again! So has anyone else found housing yet? Anyone need a roommate? Any advice from past post-baccs about apartments would be great :D I'll search through last year's thread for housing advice too

Otherwise I'll start looking on craiglist and online

Congrats on your acceptance Hokie Luv!!! As far as housing goes, I have not found anything yet. Can't decide if I want to live close to campus or further out. Craigslist has a ton of good listings, and the School of Medicine's website also has some housing recommendations.

Last edited:
Anybody receive anything yet? I'm starting to think I read my email wrong back in May. When is everybody planning on getting into Winston Salem?

I have not received anything yet. As far as moving to w-s I am shooting for Aug 1st

Last edited:
As of last Tuesday, I hadn't received anything yet. But I haven't been able to check my mail since then . . . I'm hoping we'll finally get those packets this week! :xf: As for moving, I'm planning on August as well.

Has anyone received any info about orientation yet?

Well the only thing I got was an email with some info about it but no packet of any sort.

Did you guys get the e-mail before or after you accepted the financial aid package?

I received the e-mail two days after I got my fin aid notification.

Sounds like a great program guys! I am taking my MCAT soon and this is one of the programs that I will applying to come fall!

I'm thinking about applying this upcoming year, and I was wondering what they look for in applicants.

For those of you that got in or were waitlisted, if possible can you share some of your stats? I want to know if I stand a chance or not?

I am applying this cycle too, best wishes to everyone!

Let's get it!

Has anyone heard anything back after submitting the initial AMCAS application? Like whether or not the post-bacc office has received your application? or have been given the secondary?

I'm also applying this cycle! good luck to everyone :)

applying non-URM, and I didn't write a disadvantaged essay. My activities and childhood section do show disadvantaged-ness. Advice? Can I write a disadvantaged essay and email it? or hope for a secondary and explain in there? advice :confused::scared::)

I'm applying this cycle as well ... has only 1 person from this forum received the secondary so far?

Last edited:
applying non-URM, and I didn't write a disadvantaged essay. My activities and childhood section do show disadvantaged-ness. Advice? Can I write a disadvantaged essay and email it? or hope for a secondary and explain in there? advice :confused::scared::)

hey I would call the office. are you talking about the disadvantaged essay on the amcas application?