Wake Forest Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
well i'm glad that this thread has finally started to liven up again at least. hope those of you still waiting hear some good news :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten an interview invite!!!

I haven't heard anything yet :(, but still praying and hoping for some good news soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm hoping you guys have heard good news!

Out of curiosity, what is the best way to get from the airport to campus? rent a car? taxi? is there a bus/shuttle?

Also, there was the option to get housing through the admissions office, do we know when we would hear about this? At what point should we make alternative plans for housing?

If we are renting cars/hotel rooms...anyone interested in splitting? I'm going to be getting in Sunday late afternoon and leaving Tuesday morning

I'm hoping you guys have heard good news!

Out of curiosity, what is the best way to get from the airport to campus? rent a car? taxi? is there a bus/shuttle?

Also, there was the option to get housing through the admissions office, do we know when we would hear about this? At what point should we make alternative plans for housing?

If we are renting cars/hotel rooms...anyone interested in splitting? I'm going to be getting in Sunday late afternoon and leaving Tuesday morning

Where will you be coming from?

I'm from winston-salem and I don't think there is a shuttle from Gso so it is probably best to rent a car... if I were coming from Md I would drive...it's about a 5-6 hr drive but it should be cheaper than flying and renting a car.

Hi everyone,

I was put on the alternate list :confused:

Does anyone know if you are on the alternate list for interview if the chances are slim or not?

Thanks everyone, and Congrats to those with invites!:)

Hi everyone,

I was put on the alternate list :confused:

Does anyone know if you are on the alternate list for interview if the chances are slim or not?

Thanks everyone, and Congrats to those with invites!:)

I'm on the alternate list too, got the letter yesterday. :(

Not sure of the exact chances either, but there is still hope for an interview. :) - Never know, someone might withdraw their interview spot.

For those of you who have invites, what is the interview date? Or are there multiple ones?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was notified via email March 1st for an interview on April 2nd. Haven't received any other information besides the attachments on the email.

yea this process has been weird for me. I have called to ask about my status last thursday and the lady said that i would hear on friday and i didnt. I called again this thursday and she said i hear would back on this friday and i didnt. Does this mean that they are unorganized? I think I should be able to know my status either way.

I was notified via email March 1st for an interview on April 2nd. Haven't received any other information besides the attachments on the email.

This. As far as I know there is only one interview day for the program.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

anybody on the waitlist hear anything? Anybody confirmed for the interview invite hear anything recently, besides the one interview housing email?

anybody on the waitlist hear anything? Anybody confirmed for the interview invite hear anything recently, besides the one interview housing email?

Nope. That's the only email I've received as of late. Hopefully we will here something by next week.

So, is anyone gonna be coming in from Charlotte? Prices from Cali to GSO are crazy expensive

Nope, I'm traveling into GSO. Current forecast says rainy on Sunday, but sunny and in the 70s on Monday. See you guys there, I'll be the one melting in my suit :D

Nope, I'm traveling into GSO. Current forecast says rainy on Sunday, but sunny and in the 70s on Monday. See you guys there, I'll be the one melting in my suit :D

haha Ill be right there with you. Anyone else as nervous and excited as I am?

very excited! I think it's great how welcoming the current post bac students are. Did you get the email about the dinner? And my host has been so nice in their emails! I am feeling some seriously good mojo about this :D

As for any current/past post bacs lurking around here....any advice for interview day?

Don't worry, you'll get lots of that from us if you attend the dinner on Sunday night!

So now that the interview day is over. How does everyone feel about Wake now?

More than a little in love. The opportunity to talk with the current/past post bacs was such a blessing. They answered all of our questions, plus some, and are quite possibly some of the coolest people I have met in a long time.

North Carolina is beautiful, the people are friendly, and the area around the school is nice. Winston-Salem is definitely a small town, and it has all the positives and negatives associated with it. I love that the hospital is attached to the med school, and that you actually get to go into the anatomy lab as a post bac. You don't get to actually cut anything, but you are definitely there with a real body to learn.

I also liked how friendly all the admissions staff were, how they really seemed to know a lot about you as an applicant.

I was also impressed with all of my fellow candidates - you guys are pretty awesome, and I have no idea how they are only going to pick 10 out of the 25 of us.

Obviously the only solution is for 15 of us to be accepted into med school before mid may and withdraw our applications :smuggrin:

:luck::xf::luck: until we hear!

More than a little in love. The opportunity to talk with the current/past post bacs was such a blessing. They answered all of our questions, plus some, and are quite possibly some of the coolest people I have met in a long time.

North Carolina is beautiful, the people are friendly, and the area around the school is nice. Winston-Salem is definitely a small town, and it has all the positives and negatives associated with it. I love that the hospital is attached to the med school, and that you actually get to go into the anatomy lab as a post bac. You don't get to actually cut anything, but you are definitely there with a real body to learn.

I also liked how friendly all the admissions staff were, how they really seemed to know a lot about you as an applicant.

I was also impressed with all of my fellow candidates - you guys are pretty awesome, and I have no idea how they are only going to pick 10 out of the 25 of us.

Obviously the only solution is for 15 of us to be accepted into med school before mid may and withdraw our applications :smuggrin:

:luck::xf::luck: until we hear!
You said it UruKai! The selection committee will definitely have their hands full.

Wake was awesome and the past and present post bac'ers even awesomer. I was most impressed by how close the post bac'ers were. You got the sense that they were family and that it wasn't every man for themselves. I liked the community feel of Wake. Everyone was friendly, said hi to you, willing to answer questions, and give directions and walk with you to your destination (especially when you are wandering lost in the hospital trying to find the interview room --> that would be me lol).

Judging by the past and present post bac'ers they selected I think they know exactly what they are looking for cause each one of them were great. So the best of luck to all those who interviewed it was a pleasure meeting you and I hope we hear some good news come mid May.

lol and for those who made fun of my cheesecake... I never got the chance to eat it smh.

Last edited:

How do you feel about, SilentSoldier?

On another note, I can't believe it's only been a little bit more than a week since we interviewed and that we still have to wait at least a month before hearing anything....This is going to be agonizing.:bang:

How do you feel about, SilentSoldier?

On another note, I can't believe it's only been a little bit more than a week since we interviewed and that we still have to wait at least a month before hearing anything....This is going to be agonizing.:bang:

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go to Wake Forest for my interview (plane tickets got crazy expensive) so I had a skype interview back home. It was very nice of them to do that for me and it goes to show at just how supportive the program really is. Kinda bummed I wasn't able to tour, meet other postbacers and the other interviewees but that's just how it went down.

That's great! Unfortunate that you couldn't come down it would have been cool to meet another sdn'er but you still got the chance to shine so that's great. Good luck and I hope you receive good news!

Urukai how are you doing??

Hey guys,

I know mid-may is still weeks away but I'm hoping and praying we here some good news. How is everyone doing? Hope all is well!

still waiting ... this time can't go by fast enuff lol

so its what, only like 2 or so more weeks left to wait? Time sure has flown by, sort of. :D

Current post bacs should be hearing soon about their admissions status soon too, right? Good luck guys!

"Mid May" is officially in one week, super nervous :scared:

about this and my current status of other apps :scared: :scared:

Hey. Guys, I just got waitlisted for this program. It' my number one choice so I really really hope I get it! Anyone else hear anything?

Hey I just heard I got in and plan to accept ... I hope you are able to get off waitlist ... i hope others have heard good news as well

I haven't heard anything, probably a bad sign. Were you guys notified through email or phone?

via email portal like the interview invite - it was titled 2012 AA letter

never received it, and I'm pretty sure they would let me know either way. Guess I'll just have to wait longer

Waitlisted, which has been par for the course this year :(

Hey guys,

Former post-bacc and incoming M1 here. Congrats to everyone who was accepted! Don't be too discouraged if you are on the wait-list, my class and the class before had people off the wait-list. So think good thoughts and make sure the admissions staff know how much you want to be in the program. See you guys soon :)!

Did you just find out yesterday because I was wondering if anyone had heard anything yet and I see that people have, yet I haven't received anything. I wonder if they are letting only a few people know each day..which would suck

do everyone not find out at the same time, because Im wondering if I should email them or not because I haven't heard anything

Did you just find out yesterday because I was wondering if anyone had heard anything yet and I see that people have, yet I haven't received anything. I wonder if they are letting only a few people know each day..which would suck

I got my acceptance email yesterday so I'm guessing they're sending them out in a staggered fashion.

K. Henry