Wake Forest Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ari - thanks for the reassurance! I'll keep up hope until August 1 :D

lovely, I am sure they will get back to you. The decisions have been made, and it looks like they are just staggering sending them out. Don't worry - they WILL let you know!

Congrats khenry and bme! I hope to see you there

and Silent :luck: for both of us!

Members don't see this ad.

I heard on Monday so it's quite possible everyone is not hearing at the same time

Oh ok thanks everyone for the replies..still haven't heard back yet :/ but I shall keep patiently waiting. But congrats to everyone who got in so far!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard on Monday so it's quite possible everyone is not hearing at the same time
Congrats bmeortho and Khenry! I found out Monday as well and plan to accept. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Is that it? No more acceptances? I know there are more out there! Let us hear the good news! Last years thread was on fire around this time...

Sorry im late to this, but I was also accepted into the program. Congrats to everyone who has gotten in and good luck to those on the waitlist!

Has anyone heard back from, or been able to contact, ms shirley dockery?

No. Tried calling today went straight to voicemail.

Yeah same here. I've already sent my letter but I would like some sort of confirmation. So where is everybody coming from? I'm from Texas

Hello everyone,

Congrats to all of you who are matriculating this year!! I do have one question that I hope some of you could clarify. On the website it says tuition is waived but there is a program fee of $15000, do they mean that tuition for all 4 years into the medical school is waived for eligible students? Please let me know because this program is golden, but with all 4-yr tuition waived, it seems too good to be true!

Hello everyone,

Congrats to all of you who are matriculating this year!! I do have one question that I hope some of you could clarify. On the website it says tuition is waived but there is a program fee of $15000, do they mean that tuition for all 4 years into the medical school is waived for eligible students? Please let me know because this program is golden, but with all 4-yr tuition waived, it seems too good to be true!

No--tuition for medical school is not waived.

Anybody find a place to live yet?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like I might be withdrawing my spot on the waitlist. I got into my state school's postbac program that, although would delay my app year to the 2013-2014 year, would save me a LOT more money. I really do like this program, so I'm gonna weigh my options and hopefully make a decision soon.

i'm late but congrats bmeortho, khenry07, rocknrho, & neurout! I was also accepted and have confirmed.

Anybody find a place to live yet?

I've been looking at apartments. I want something close to campus, preferably a 1/1 with a washer and dryer. So far I'm looking into a cloverdale apartments, cedar woods and miller hatcher. any suggestions?

What if you got a 25 on the MCAT but a 6 on the verbal reasoning section? I got an 11 on the PS and an 8 on the BS.

Was anyone planning to apply this year, for entrance into the program in 2013?

Was anyone planning to apply this year, for entrance into the program in 2013?

I was, but I got this email

"We want to thank you for your interest in our program. The Wake Forest Post-baccalaureate Program has been in existence as a 1 year certificate granting program since 1987. The program has been very successful with over 200 students completing the program and more than 90% of those entering in medical school. However, after researching potential changes that would make the program even more beneficial to future students the decision was made to suspend applications for the 2013-2014 academic year while we work to provide students with a comprehensive curriculum which will result in a Masters degree. We are very sorry to inform you that the program will not be available during the next academic year. We wish you success in finding a program that meets your needs, and look forward to receiving your application to our new program beginning June 2013. Please check the AAMC or Wake Forest School of Medicine website for posting of the program details."

I was, but I got this email

"We want to thank you for your interest in our program. The Wake Forest Post-baccalaureate Program has been in existence as a 1 year certificate granting program since 1987. The program has been very successful with over 200 students completing the program and more than 90% of those entering in medical school. However, after researching potential changes that would make the program even more beneficial to future students the decision was made to suspend applications for the 2013-2014 academic year while we work to provide students with a comprehensive curriculum which will result in a Masters degree. We are very sorry to inform you that the program will not be available during the next academic year. We wish you success in finding a program that meets your needs, and look forward to receiving your application to our new program beginning June 2013. Please check the AAMC or Wake Forest School of Medicine website for posting of the program details."
Is this true? No students for a year while they rearrange the curriculum?

'Tis true. And understand that these changes will most likely not make this program any more attractive than the next, i.e., no guaranteed admission upon successful completion.

Best of luck to all of you applying for entry into programs in 2013.

I received the same email. The only reason I applied to Wake was for this program. I wish they would have let others know sooner before we applied that there would not be a program this year. I would have not wasted my money.

I received the same email. The only reason I applied to Wake was for this program. I wish they would have let others know sooner before we applied that there would not be a program this year. I would have not wasted my money.

I totally agree. I too was a bit disappointed that notice of the discontinuation of the post-bacc program for this year was not disclosed until after the application season had began. I knew I was not competitive for Wake Forest and would have never submitted an application (and $100 application fee) if not for a desire to apply to the post-bacc program. Hopefully, in the future, programs will notify prospective applicants earlier.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead. But I cannot find any info on the new program (some sort of Masters I believe). I e-mailed Wake Forest multiple times, but they just ignored me. Does anyone know anything about the new program?

Nope. No guarantee of admission to the School of Medicine, no guarantee of an interview...this program may make you more marketable in the long run by granting a Master's degree, but if the goal is to have the security of admission to the class of 20_ _, then it wouldn't be feasible to apply here. Best of luck regardless!

Did you get a chance to talk to someone there? Do you have to finish the Master, before you even apply? Or you can apply to wake Forest while in the program? (I don't want a glide year)