Walgreens and Tech hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But that rumor was just a few days ago...LOL. The rise in Rite Aid's price has been going on for months (GOING BACK TO OCTOBER). LOL...come on you gotta try harder than that.

Sweet!!! Page 3!!!!!

Damn dude...You do not know when to quit. I suggest you walk away and pretend you were never here.

The rumor about Wags buying Rite Aid has been circulating since last year which is why the price of Rite Aids stock started rising in October. It is not a new rumor by any means.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, have we not been discussing why CVS sucks in every post? Unacceptable. Every thread must be about CVS and how they suck. CVS corners the market on suck. End of discussion!

You are absolutely right. Today was perhaps the worst day of my life at walgreens. My tech who was supposed to start from 11 am to 7 30 pm called sick ( store opens from 9 am to 9 pm). I was therefore by myself doing drive thru, f4, phone calls, smart count, cardinal and everything. It is so hard to be both a tech and a pharmacist. It was torture for me, i did not get a chance to drink water let alone eat. My partner who was supposed to start at 1 came at 3 as he had a meeting with rx supervisor. It was a disaster.... an experience to remember.

Welcome to my world ~ I hope this never happens to you again :luck:

Welcome to my world ~ I hope this never happens to you again :luck:

Ugh! I was once assigned a 12 hour shift and the closing tech called in sick so I was by myself the last 4 hours of the shift. It wasn't the busiest store, but the last 4 hours in a 12 hour shift are the worst even with a tech.

Or once I was at a store that averaged almost 300/day on a Monday and the closing shift tech called in sick. I was by myself back there at 5pm with a manager who only had a little pharmacy training. I appreciated the fact that the manager was trying to help me out, but it was still almost like being by myself. Luckily, another store took pity on us and sent us a tech after a few hours.

I wish there was a law in this state where you have to have at least one tech when the pharmacy is open. Remember when Walgreens used to have floating techs to cover tech call ins? Now they couldn't care less about the help we don't have back there.

I wish there was a law in this state where you have to have at least one tech when the pharmacy is open.
Wouldn't this be counter-intuitive if you ran a small pharmacy?

Remember when Walgreens used to have floating techs to cover tech call ins? Now they couldn't care less about the help we don't have back there.
That's a cool idea. So they've done away with it?

Sweet!!! Page 3!!!!!

Damn dude...You do not know when to quit. I suggest you walk away and pretend you were never here.

The rumor about Wags buying Rite Aid has been circulating since last year which is why the price of Rite Aids stock started rising in October. It is not a new rumor by any means.

Sorry, I love to see the CVS sheeples come out. They usually come in a herd. LOL.

Bro, sorry to break it to you but if you followed the market, the rumor was a few days ago from a reputable investment bank that put the odds at 1 in 3. You can look this up.

As for the rise from October, it wasn't due to the rumor. It correlates with the same rise in CVS at the exact same time. All this was due to ESI/WAG. You can google that up to. Rxnupe did the work if you want just look back at his posts for links. The articles he posted cited ESI/WAG.

Sorry, I love to see the CVS sheeples come out. They usually come in a herd. LOL.

Bro, sorry to break it to you but if you followed the market, the rumor was a few days ago from a reputable investment bank that put the odds at 1 in 3. You can look this up.

As for the rise from October, it wasn't due to the rumor. It correlates with the same rise in CVS at the exact same time. All this was due to ESI/WAG. You can google that up to. Rxnupe did the work if you want just look back at his posts for links. The articles he posted cited ESI/WAG.
Lnsean- why are you digging and even larger hole? WAGS purchasing Rite-Aid is very old news- what rock have you been under???? Here's thread from many years ago that talks about WAGS purchasing Rite-Aid : http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=740056

You are making a mockery of yourself by saying that this is recent news!!

This analogy is flawed. A more accurately analogy would be using Apple's recent earnings numbers, projecting back in time, to prove that Apple has had this kind of success since 2007.
Sure, your analogy works fine. Apple has been trending upwards since then, and they still are. They've had some success since the iPod came out and saved the company, but 2007 was big with the iPhone's release. Now we have more iPhones and iPads and more laptops, so they are more successful, but following the same upward trend. I'm not going to look at stocks to justify that, since stock values do not matter.

The only problem is that CVS/Caremark was founded in 2007. I thought this was common knowledge. You can't compare before 2007, unless your prices adjusted for the merger (even then it is misleading because they are not the same company). Thus, it is misleading for you to use 2012 data to describe trends when the company existed as two entities before 2007. I know that Oldtimer didn't know that but I thought you at least would know that...but I guess you didn't. How can you use data for CVS/Caremark in 2012 and project trends in the past for two separate entities? I thought this was simple logic...almost common sense.
See, when you complained that a few months was insufficient data, you were given more data that complimented it. The data went above and beyond the required 2007 data, to include other data showing CVS was successful on its own prior to the merger. However, you can ignore that data, since it was extra, for your own information, an added bonus, a special offer. Sure it can be confounding to consider 2012 data of the merged entity when discussing the performance of the individual companies in it, but they are not individual companies anymore. Maybe Caremark is doing really well and it's making CVS look better, maybe it's the other way around, maybe it's both of them doing well. They've merged, and that's that.

How can you argue with a stock price?
Indeed, how can you?

Stock prices are reasonably soft. They go up and down on a day-to-day basis and even long term. It's pretty ridiculous to make an argument based on stock prices.

Remember Netflix? It was doing GRRRREAT and then it fell on its face, because it was selling on a short.

What about Sears? If they sell off 500 stores and then their stock price goes through the roof, then they must be doing better?! RIGHT? Not necessarily. They had to sell off 500 stores to get to that point.

So please, stop arguing stock prices. It's pointless.

Lnsean- why are you digging and even larger hole? WAGS purchasing Rite-Aid is very old news- what rock have you been under???? Here's thread from many years ago that talks about WAGS purchasing Rite-Aid : http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=740056

You are making a mockery of yourself by saying that this is recent news!!

It's old news but it was never official until some reputable analyst went public with it. You sound so sure, then you shouldn't have problem finding evidence that proves that Rite Aid's stock rise in October was due to a buyout rumor right? I'll be waiting for your sources.

This cites the stock rise from the buyout rumor a few days ago:

http://blogs.barrons.com/stockstowa...-would-walgreens-pay-double/?mod=yahoobarrons

Show me some sources citing that the rise in Rite Aid's stock prices in October was due to a buy out rumor. Please show me...LOL. I"ll be waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. They are just recovering from the scandals of the 90s? Really? And they picked just the perfect time when ESI/WAG debacle happened to recover too right? LOL.
2. The rumor was just a few days ago...that doesn't explain why Rite Aid's stock has been going up since OCTOBER (WHICH HAPPENS TO BE THE EXACT POINT THAT CVS STOCKS ALSO TURNED AROUND AND HAS BEEN RISING FROM SINCE). WOW BIG COINCIDENCE? No...sorry.

Besides, how are you able to make these claims is beyond me. I don't know anyone in the financial world who would be able to make claims like this. You must have inside information that even Rite Aid execs don't know. LOL.

You have the larger burden of proof my friends. Unfortunately, you can bs all you want but you will never be able to explain the timing...LOL.

The information is out there if you want it. CVS stock price dropped dramatically because the Caremark divison lost out on major contracts. It has now regained those contracts and more. That is why the stock price went up.

You are either a troll or a clueless pharmacy student. Not worth my time either way. Just leave as other posters have said or just stop answering.

-Coming from CVS insider who owns and follows CVS stocks. Its hard not to notice when CVS stock went from 38 to 30 in one day after it lost its contract and regained the same amount when it won the multi billion contract in Cali. This is widely cited in Drug chain publication, investor meetings, and in our leadership and company goals meetings.

It's old news but it was never official until some reputable analyst went public with it. You sound so sure, then you shouldn't have problem finding evidence that proves that Rite Aid's stock rise in October was due to a buyout rumor right? I'll be waiting for your sources.

This cites the stock rise from the buyout rumor a few days ago:

http://blogs.barrons.com/stockstowa...-would-walgreens-pay-double/?mod=yahoobarrons

Show me some sources citing that the rise in Rite Aid's stock prices in October was due to a buy out rumor. Please show me...LOL. I"ll be waiting.

You really do not know when to quit.

Here ya go. This article is from November. I remember reading about a possible acqusition months earlier.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...-it-may-be-walgreen-target-1-.html?cmpid=yhoo

Do you feel stupid yet? You should. My advice is to walk away and pretend you never
posted here. We may forgot how big a fool you made of yourself.

Sure, your analogy works fine. Apple has been trending upwards since then, and they still are.

I picked this analogy for a reason. First of all, Apple's stock took a serious decline after 2007. So no, the TREND WAS NOT UP. Look back at any chart, and you will see that.

Second of all, the rise in Apple's stock was not a linear relationship. It's exponential. So you cannot draw a trendline back since the slope is always changing. How are you extrapolating back? How do you extrapolate a curve? You can't do it without misrepresenting the data because it's obvious that Apple in 2012 has had EXPONENTIAL more revenues (not just ipad, but iphones, and ipads). That was why I picked the year 2007 when using this analogy. You fell for the trap.

The data went above and beyond the required 2007 data, to include other data showing CVS was successful on its own prior to the merger.
This is coming from a guy who didn't know that CVS/Caremark was founded in 2007. LOL. You made a mistake, own up to it. Don't try to weasel out of it with more BS. THERE IS NO WAY you can use data on CVS/Caremark after they merged to compare that to data for CVS prior to 2007. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME COMPANY.

You really do not know when to quit.

Here ya go. This article is from November. I remember reading about a possible acqusition months earlier.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...-it-may-be-walgreen-target-1-.html?cmpid=yhoo

Do you feel stupid yet? You should. My advice is to walk away and pretend you never
posted here. We may forgot how big a fool you made of yourself.

Don't try to pull a fast one dude. That clearly says Nov 28, 2011. Learn to read before you post stuff, you won't look stupid that way. I asked for sources for the rise in OCTOBER (which correlates to CVS) and you gave me something on November 28. Do you not read? You don't even read your own posts. LOL

BRO, you are trying to PROVE TO ME something. So please do it right. I've already submitted my proof. I only ask that you do the same. Don't try to fudge the numbers around...we're not in highschool. I expected more from a doctorate degree.

-Coming from CVS insider who owns and follows CVS stocks. Its hard not to notice when CVS stock went from 38 to 30 in one day after it lost its contract and regained the same amount when it won the multi billion contract in Cali. This is widely cited in Drug chain publication, investor meetings, and in our leadership and company goals meetings.

So you're a CVS insider? That brings a lot of integrity to your argument then I guess right? I mean come on, you're an insider after all. Let me try one of Rxnupe's strategy of using personal stories to boost my credentials and validity. Here it goes: I also know this guy who knows this guy who works in upper management at CVS. He knows all the big shots there and he tells me what you are wrong.

Wow that was easy! See? No one can prove me wrong when I use personal stories. What a joke dude.

People:

I beg of you:

8e28d158-7daa-446b-b738-67d29898dc06

Thats November bro....nice try. Learn to read.

Yes, I clearly stated that in my post. I posted the article from November because in the 5 seconds I took to search it was the first one I found. The rumor was not new then and came out several months before.

From November or October no matter it completely invalidates your whole argument. You claim the Walgreens Rite Aid merger was brand new info that was just relesed a few days ago. This article clearly shows it was not. Therefore the rise in CVS's stock at the end of last year and nothing to do with the Walgreens ESI dispute. Here is some more reading for you since you seem incapable of doing a simple Google search.

From July of 2011:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/278167-rite-aid-is-the-thrill-of-victory-worth-the-agony-of-defeat

Yes, I clearly stated that in my post. I posted the article from November because in the 5 seconds I took to search it was the first one I found. The rumor was not new then and came out several months before.

From November or October no matter it completely invalidates your whole argument. You claim the Walgreens Rite Aid merger was brand new info that was just relesed a few days ago. This article clearly shows it was not. Therefore the rise in CVS's stock at the end of last year and nothing to do with the Walgreens ESI dispute. Here is some more reading for you since you seem incapable of doing a simple Google search.

From July of 2011:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/278167-rite-aid-is-the-thrill-of-victory-worth-the-agony-of-defeat

So A=B and 3=4 now? So now you're giving me an article from July 2011? What part about OCTOBER do you not understand? You can't read or something?

You're trying to prove to me that the rise in October was due to a buyout. So find a source that says so...that's all I'm asking. GIVE ME ONE SOURCE PLEASE. I AM BEGGING YOU. lol

You really should quit. I am embarrassed for you reading your posts.

1. You should be embarrassed for trying to use an article from Nov 28 2011 when I asked for October. You are trying to prove something to me...so do it right. Next, you're going to tell me 3=4.

2. You tried to sneak a fast one and got caught. You couldn't find anything for October to support your claim so November was the closest thing you could get and you thought you could get away with it. LMAO.

3. The ironic thing is, I'd been on this forum before a year back, and at the time I remember that you had objectivity and integrity. I read some of your posts back then when you argued with Rxnupe over issues relating to retail pharmacy, and I had some respect for you.
Now, you have become the same person you once criticized. Falsifying data and providing misleading information just to support a corporate view that has clouded your own. You and Rxnupe are no different after all.

The same person who was criticizing others for being brainwashed is now handing out the koolaid. I didn't know that personal values and integrity were for sale, especially at such a cheap price. At least, negotiate a better price next time.

how did you all graduate college? a part of my brain died reading pages 2- 3.