Walgreen's Emergency Leave

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raj Wal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions about Wags emergency leave procedure. Suppose you have a death in the family and you are at work when you find out and need to leave for 5-6 days to arrange the funeral.

1. Do i tell my pharmacy manager and the market scheduler or do i need to submit an form online (and is that form available to be filled out from home)?

2. What is the correct procedure?

I appreciate all the help.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Couple of questions about Wags emergency leave procedure. Suppose you have a death in the family and you are at work when you find out and need to leave for 5-6 days to arrange the funeral.

1. Do i tell my pharmacy manager and the market scheduler or do i need to submit an form online (and is that form available to be filled out from home)?

2. What is the correct procedure?

I appreciate all the help.

Thanks
Contact both the PIC and the scheduler. Let them know the circumstances of your situation. The online form is more for long term disability or for an absence lasting more than just a week or so.

Contact both the PIC and the scheduler. Let them know the circumstances of your situation. The online form is more for long term disability or for an absence lasting more than just a week or so.

Pharmacy managers really have no power over scheduling. You should tell the RXM, but also the DM and the scheduler since they're the ones that will need to approve the days off.

Members don't see this ad :)
Contact your scheduler. You only get 3 days for funeral leave though and that is limited to grandparents, parents, children, grandchildren. If it is an aunt or uncle, I believe you are out of luck.

Pharmacy managers have no power over scheduling? Who schedules your techs and pharmacists? Most of my retail friends who are PICs manage their own schedules at their chain but they are also grocery store guys.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I do need to go out of the country and need about an week or so, do i need to fill out the form still ( and which form)?

There is no guarantee they will approve the funeral leave for more than 3 days. Bereavement is 3 days max.

At Walgreens, for normal scheduling, that is taken care of by rxm. This is a special case though because it is an emergency. I don't think there is a special form. There is one for fmla.