Walgreens is in bed with the Board of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sometimes I wonder what will have to happen for the state boards of pharmacy to be regulated or taken over by another entity. The whole compounding issue in Mass. and the rubber stamping of whatever the chains want is disgusting. Also, I have to laugh at this line:

"When the pharmacist leaves, the public can look at the computer screens or at labeled bottles of medicine on their desk, the organization said. About 80 percent of the stores visited violated privacy laws in this way, the group alleged."

So the pharmacist will be working on the floor in the middle of the store with everything viewable? I guess they can lock the screen and have a little box to put scripts in, but this seems like a bad idea. Also, who will be watching the techs? They don't pay them anything in retail, so I could see there being a lot of theft.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sometimes I wonder what will have to happen for the state boards of pharmacy to be regulated or taken over by another entity. The whole compounding issue in Mass. and the rubber stamping of whatever the chains want is disgusting. Also, I have to laugh at this line:

"When the pharmacist leaves, the public can look at the computer screens or at labeled bottles of medicine on their desk, the organization said. About 80 percent of the stores visited violated privacy laws in this way, the group alleged."

So the pharmacist will be working on the floor in the middle of the store with everything viewable? I guess they can lock the screen and have a little box to put scripts in, but this seems like a bad idea. Also, who will be watching the techs? They don't pay them anything in retail, so I could see there being a lot of theft.
Maybe I am slow but who is verifying the prescriptions?

This is why I love working in Georgia. We're generally an ass backwards state, but the state board of pharmacy is controlled by independents, and the last time Walgreens got something approved here, it was a complete disaster with a ton of customer complaints, so they're not going to be approving anything else in the near future. So when I hear about things like POWER and Wellness stores, I know I have nothing to worry about for a while.

Walgreens is not only in bed with the board but they are in fact balls deep.

Reactions: 1 user
What is shocking is a corporate manager at Walgreens government affair office can be the president of the board of pharmacy and can write licensure exam questions.

There is a clear conflict of interest here.

Reactions: 1 user
Where can I get paid to launch my plans for the pharmacy of the future