Walgreens Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EML9255

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I work for Walgreens, got the offer late June, took my boards, relocated to new area, etc.

Over the past two weeks I did the drug screen and the remaining paperwork to get my employee ID and all of that. My boss emailed me about starting training/what store i'd want to train in and I told him. He cc'd me on an email to the scheduler asking her to set it up. It has been almost a week and I haven't heard anything yet about an official start date. How long should I wait until I follow up? I really want to start I need $$$

ANyone have any experience with the timeline on this, do they need to wait until a new pay period or anything? I am just assuming they are still working out the schedule with the pharmacist that will be training me

Members don't see this ad.

I think you need to contact your boss. She may have lot of things to do and forget about you. Just a friendly reminder.

Last edited:
I work for Walgreens, got the offer late June, took my boards, relocated to new area, etc.

Over the past two weeks I did the drug screen and the remaining paperwork to get my employee ID and all of that. My boss emailed me about starting training/what store i'd want to train in and I told him. He cc'd me on an email to the scheduler asking her to set it up. It has been almost a week and I haven't heard anything yet about an official start date. How long should I wait until I follow up? I really want to start I need $$$

ANyone have any experience with the timeline on this, do they need to wait until a new pay period or anything? I am just assuming they are still working out the schedule with the pharmacist that will be training me

Yeah the market scheduler can get very busy and sometimes miss emails...definitely email the market scheduler again and CC the Rxs. Our scheduler literally yells at grads the day they get licensed-- DONT WAIT GO TO THIS STORE ASAP!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok thank you everyone, i will contact her tomorrow if i havent heard back after the morning.

I would have started right after I got my license but I had to relocate so it took a few extra weeks

It's possible they are waiting to add you into the new schedule (ie if the current pay period is scheduled 3 weeks out, they would put you in at 4 weeks out), but I would definitely call & follow up, so you know what is going on. They should be able to give you a firm start date, if it is that they are waiting to put you into the new schedule.

Someone is dropping the ball or procrastinating, bigtime... I once worked for Walgreens, and began as a grad intern before my license fully went active, and started doing all my training, and getting paid at the grad intern rate for doing the training... within 2 days of my interview and hire. One week later I was done training, a few days after that had my license, next day I had my first store (was a floater). BOOM. They don't mess around, especially in bigger metro areas. They're desperate. That poor market scheduler technician has probably a dozen RPHs calling her daily whining about this or that day or vacation or faking sick days or trading days. Tell her yes, and she will love you long time. Long, long, long time and bear you 50 children, and give you good stores.

Reactions: 1 users
She ended up getting back to me not too long after I posted this and I am starting Monday.

When I first signed I was nervous they were going to be like COME ASAP bc I was in the middle of taking my boards and I had to find a place to live and all that. my boss was very helpful in my relocating process/kept saying "just keep me posted and start whenever you're ready!" It surprised me. I'm still pretty much starting when I planned to though. But yeah I'm jist going with it and not complaining and I'll go wherever they need me so I can get on the schedulers good side (this is what everyone has been telling me to do). My training store is a little bit of a drive but she was like don't worry we will put you in stores closer to your home once you're done training. But well see if that actually happens