Walmart peeps, enlighten me on bentonville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i had to but it's labeled as non qualifying when i checked it today. So I wanted to make sure if it the information above is still correct and that you need to have more than 3 mistakes and considered to be qualifying to be sent to retraining. not just whatever was sent to scrt, u know? If so, then the DS one will not really count.
Correct, 3 or more qualifying reports to scrt.

Members don't see this ad.

Have a friend who works for Wal-mart and she deals with a lot of politics. The error process is voluntary, in that you have to communicate with your DM that one has occurred and then pro-cede
to fill out information about it.

Either ur friend is lying to her teeth or her DM is clearly violating policies. WM policy is crystal clear: Every error has to be reported..

Either ur friend is lying to her teeth or her DM is clearly violating policies. WM policy is crystal clear: Every error has to be reported..
Yea. Every error is supposed to be reported but that doesn't happen.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea. Every error is supposed to be reported but that doesn't happen.
True.. but just wanted to clarify that error reporting is not considered voluntary. I have never heard of such ting as speaking to ur Dm first and then deciding whether to report the error or not. The dm can easily get fired in this case.

anyone know how I can tell if its non qualifying or not? I clicked all around and it doesn't say anything.

Basically you are allowed 3 qualifying errors per rolling calendar year. If you get a 4th the you are sent for training. Qualifying is wrong patient, drug, or directions. As time passes errors fall off. It is walmart policy that EVERY error is written up, no matter how trivial. If you are ever caught hiding an error or not writing up an error you will immediately be fired. I think the policy is fair in some ways and unfair in others. The qualifying errors are basically black and white. What I mean is that severity is not considered. Let's say a doctor writes an rx for docusate 100 mg capsules. You dispense docusate 100 mg tablets. The ingredient is the same but they aren't AB rated in the orange book so that will count as wrong drug. The severity of that is nil but it is a qualifying error , when in actuality no one would ever spend money to see if the 2 are bioequivalent to give them an AB rating in the orange book, and the doctor couldn't care less which one you dispensed (they probably just picked whichever one they saw first in e-prescribe!). Would you recommend one over the other if a patient asked you for an OTC recommendation? Probably not. But this is a qualifying error in walmarts policy. Also, sometimes when using sig codes the system will leave out a qualifying agent like capsule, tablet, etc. A lot of pharmacists will let this go and the directions will say something like "take 1 by mouth once daily." Now if someone were to be a douche bag and write this up this counts as a qualifying error. Think about how many Pharmacists have 4 "qualifying" errors like this in a year. The answer is 100%. The real question is were they all written up. Probably not, and should they have been, probably not, but is it walmart policy to, yes it is. I think it would be in walmarts best interest to come up with a severity grading system. The qualifying errors stay in place, BUT if it is something trivial like docusate 100 mg tabs vs caps that should not count as wrong drug. It's the same active ingredient but it's a different dosage form. If you called the dr. And asked for preference they would say something along the lines of "why are you bothering me I don't care," or at least thinking that. Was the patient harmed, no, did it make a difference in their clinical outcome, no, is it a qualifying error, yes? That is my only problem with the policy. It needs to be graded better. It is not cost effective to send all of these competent Pharmacists for training for trivial errors that everyone has made. It's just like flipping on coin on what type of pharmacist you are working with and f they are lenient, digging for errors, or someone in between.

Reactions: 1 user