WAMC cGPA3.79 sGPA3.52 MCAT 511

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olcmg

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest:

U VM

Miami

St. Louis

Albany

Rochester

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

Rosy Franklin

BU

MCW

Hofstra

NYMC

VCU

EVMS

Wake Forest

Jefferson

Temple

Drexel

Creighton

George Washington

Emory

Tulane

Dartmouth

Loyola
Oakland B

Your state school(s).

Any DO program, starting with PCOM-GA, CUSOM, and the 3 VCOMs

The diversity prompt isn't for what ethnic group you're in, but what strengths do you bring to the class? What's cool about you. And please, saying that you lived with Asians, is, well, lame. There are schools which consider LGBT as URM, so milk it. But best to pitch it with anything that's health related, like advocacy, patient education, etc. But given what my poor pal @familyaerospace is going through, approach MCG with eyes open. I'll let him explain.

Also I'm LGBT, but my family/pre college life was pretty chill and my life at undergrad is super accepting so I've never felt 'disenfranchised' or 'targeted' and I don't actually do anything in the community (pride, school clubs, organizations, etc) nor am too outspoken. But to be honest, if something's going to give me an 'edge' I'm ready to milk it for all it's worth.

My other plan for these sections was to talk about my music major and all the groups I play in at my school, since I'm assuming that would be 'unique' as well.[/QUOTE]