WAMC DO Schools 3.57s GPA, 3.69cGPA, and 501 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaha14310

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN! I just wanted to know my chances of getting accepted to DO schools in general but especially, University of Incarnate World that just opened in San Antonio as that is my number one school. I just received my MCAT score back today and I was wondering how competitive I would be at various DO schools. Do I have any shot at an interview and is it worth applying with my stats?
  1. GPA: My sGPA is 3.57 and my cGPA is 3.69
  2. MCAT: 501 (123, 128, 124, and 126)
  3. Residence: I am a TX resident
  4. Ethnicity: I am an URM (Half-Peruvian)
  5. Undergrad School: I went to an undergraduate school in Illinois
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): I have about 100 hours volunteering at my local hospital.
  7. I am involved with two psychology research labs (300+ hours total) and am going to write a Bachelor's thesis about maternal depression that will be published as a section in the professor's paper.
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: I have about 20 hours shadowing a psychiatrist.
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: I have not done much with regards to non-clinical volunteering.
  10. Other extracurricular activities: I tutored a girl with Aspergers .

Members don't see this ad.

You are competitive for some DO schools with your MCAT. You need to apply broadly to at least 15 schools and these are schools where you have a chance for an interview with your stats:
UIWSOM
ARCOM (new school)
ACOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
LUCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas (new school)
RVU-Utah (new school)
ATSU-SOMA
Ideally you should apply by this month and submit all your secondaries by late September. You may need a DO LOR for some schools.

Thanks so much! Do you think my MCAT score will be raise too many flags to get a II?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! I was just talking about the 123,124 sub sections.

The 123 in any section says you didn't learn a thing in those classes. I know @Goro has said in the past that if he sees a 123 in B/B, he will reject the applicant post interview.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user