WAMC DO Schools 3.57s GPA, 3.69cGPA, and 502 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaha14310

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN! I just wanted to know my chances of getting accepted to DO schools in general but especially, University of Incarnate World that just opened in San Antonio.
  1. GPA: My sGPA is 3.57 and my cGPA is 3.69
  2. MCAT: 502
  3. Residence: I am a TX resident
  4. Ethnicity: I am an URM (Half-Peruvian)
  5. Undergrad School: I went to an undergraduate school in Illinois
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): I have about 100 hours volunteering at my local hospital.
  7. I am involved with two psychology research labs (300+ hours total) and am going to write a Bachelor's thesis about maternal depression that will be published as a section in the professor's paper.
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: I have about 20 hours shadowing a psychiatrist.
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: I have not done much with regards to non-clinical volunteering.
  10. Other extracurricular activities: I plan on working as a scribe this summer as well as retaking two classes in order to replace those grades and boost my sGPA to a 3.6. Also, I tutored a girl with Aspergers. I am just wondering which DO schools I should apply to and if I have a legitimate shot at any acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

You are competitive for the majority of DO schools. These are schools where you have a chance for an interview with your stats:
ARCOM (new school)
ACOM
BCOM (new school)
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas (new school)
RVU-Utah (new school)
UIWSOM (new school-Texas)
ATSU-SOMA
It would be a good idea to accumulate more shadowing hours before your interviews.

Thanks so much! I had one more question. If I submit my application at the end of August will this be too late? I am waiting on letters of recommendation from my professors and the doctor I shadowed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much! I had one more question. If I submit my application at the end of August will this be too late? I am waiting on letters of recommendation from my professors and the doctor I shadowed.

Submit your primary application? I would do that as soon as possible. After you submit, AMCAS will need to verify your application, which will take weeks. In order for a school to consider your application complete, they will need your primary, secondary, and all your LORs. Verifying the primary is often the limiting step. Get that done first so that you can get to your secondaries as soon as possible. If you wait until you receive all your LORs before you submit your primary, it will just take you longer to get verified by AMCAS, get your secondaries, and for schools to mark you as complete.

Yes sorry, submit my primary application. Will AMCAS need all of my LOR's to verify my application or no?

Yes sorry, submit my primary application. Will AMCAS need all of my LOR's to verify my application or no?
AMCAS is for MD schools. Since you are applying to DO schools you would use AACOMAS instead. Late August is not too late for DO schools. If you are also applying to Texas MD schools they have their own separate application system that is separate from AMCAS.