wow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOEnthusiast

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
kiss

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
eGPA? Is that like cGPA? Applicants with a cGPA between 3.4 and 3.5 and a MCAT between 39-45 had an 84% chance of acceptance to one US MD program for 2013 and 2014. The odds of DO school are probably pretty similar. Your advanced curriculum or age doesn't make up for a clunker of a GPA, but your legendary MCAT buys you some space in this area.

yes eGPA = cGPA sorry. Is it worth it to apply to top-tier schools? Or should I stick to mid-tier?

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to all your state MD and DO schools and mid and lower tier schools. You could apply to a few higher tier schools as reaches.

I have similar stats and research experience. The advice I've gotten so far is to apply broadly, submit early, and definitely apply to state schools.

Just thought I'd update for those who answered and others who were wondering: I was accepted into all my state schools, interview with both Harvard and John Hopkins and many others but after going to each of those schools, I decided to go to New York Rochester college.

Reactions: 1 users
Just thought I'd update for those who answered and others who were wondering: I was accepted into all my state schools, interview with both Harvard and John Hopkins and many others but after going to each of those schools, I decided to go to New York Rochester college.

its only july 10.... how could you have been able to interview at all 7 florida MD schools, and the out of state schools. some florida schools only sent out secondaries a few days ago...

Reactions: 2 users
its only july 10.... how could you have been able to interview at all 7 florida MD schools, and the out of state schools. some florida schools only sent out secondaries a few days ago...
This is awkward.

Very.

Reactions: 3 users
Please do not feed the nole...

New York Rochester College is one of the most exciting new programs operating out of the Caribbean.

Reactions: 3 users