MD WAMC non-trad, mcat 35, sGPA 3.9

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eatingcake

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings!

I would love your input on my school list and overall profile.

Non-trad
MCAT: 35 (BS: 14, VR: 12: PS: 9)
sGPA: 3.9
cGPA: 3.8
Undergrad major: international studies, minors in Spanish and English Lit
Foreign language: conversational written, spoken and reading proficiency in Spanish

Spent three years after college as an AmeriCorps program participant/staff member (educational non-profit), second two years were in leadership positions and all three years were spent working on teams.

~200 hours volunteering with hospice; 4+ hours/week over 15 months

~40 hours shadowing, primary care

Schools:
Tufts
Dartmouth
Boston University
Brown
Drexel
Case Western (Uni track)
University of Cincinnati
Wright State
University of Toledo
University of Iowa
Rush
Washington University, St. Louis*
University of Michigan
Stanford*
Vanderbilt*

*reaches
I've been rejected from University of Chicago and Mayo already, both of which I considered reaches.

I have connections to both Ohio and Iowa, but am not currently a resident of any state (Massachusetts has some serious stipulations for gaining residency, which is understandable considering how many transplants there are and how kindly they treat their in-staters).

Thank you for any and all feedback in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You may want to add a few safety interview schools ( Rush and Drexel are the only ones I see on your list though you could receive an interview at any of the schools on your list). Consider Quinnipiac, Hofstra, New York Medical College, Albany, Temple, Jefferson, Rosalind Franklin.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Add Pitt, Miami and Tulane. I predict lots of IIs. Nothing wrong with aiming

Greetings!

I would love your input on my school list and overall profile.

Non-trad
MCAT: 35 (BS: 14, VR: 12: PS: 9)
sGPA: 3.9
cGPA: 3.8
Undergrad major: international studies, minors in Spanish and English Lit
Foreign language: conversational written, spoken and reading proficiency in Spanish

Spent three years after college as an AmeriCorps program participant/staff member (educational non-profit), second two years were in leadership positions and all three years were spent working on teams.

~200 hours volunteering with hospice; 4+ hours/week over 15 months

~40 hours shadowing, primary care

Schools:
Tufts
Dartmouth
Boston University
Brown
Drexel
Case Western (Uni track)
University of Cincinnati
Wright State
University of Toledo
University of Iowa
Rush
Washington University, St. Louis*
University of Michigan
Stanford*
Vanderbilt*

*reaches
I've been rejected from University of Chicago and Mayo already, both of which I considered reaches.

I have connections to both Ohio and Iowa, but am not currently a resident of any state (Massachusetts has some serious stipulations for gaining residency, which is understandable considering how many transplants there are and how kindly they treat their in-staters).

Thank you for any and all feedback in advance!

Reactions: 1 user
You may want to add a few safety interview schools ( Rush and Drexel are the only ones I see on your list though you could receive an interview at any of the schools on your list). Consider Quinnipiac, Hofstra, New York Medical College, Albany, Temple, Jefferson, Rosalind Franklin.

I've been eyballing rosalind franklin and hofstra. I think I'll probably add them. Thanks for your advice!