wanna apply for Phd after BDS plz help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dis18

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi Guys ,
i m a indian dentist ..want to go for phd in Preventive dentistry.
i have GPA 3.8 N done with GRE Toefl
but the problem is i do not have reserch experience and publications ,
but i have decent work ex - 1 yr in preventive dentistry and 2 yrs clinical and 1 junior lecturer in dental college.
i have seen that prof take these kind of students for masters but i wanna go for PHD directly
my question is - do professor take student who do not have reserch experience ?
i wanna go for Phd not intrested in clinical feild
plz help n guide me i m really confused

Members don't see this ad.

You need to check with the programs and institutions involved, as none of us is in a position to give you this information. Go to each program's website and look at their admissions requirements. Even if you do not meet the requirements, you will at least be able to find out what you need to do to become eligible for admission (such as getting research experience), and you can take it from there.

Agreed, I doubt anyone here is familiar with preventive dentistry as a career.

Can you talk to some of the people you know who have gotten a master's degree in this field?

If BDS/MS is the usual route, then one question you should ask yourself is why you want to leapfrog to the PhD.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ombret and QofQuimica thank u for ur replies ..Guys i m eligible for Phd in most of the universities as per their admission criteria.... i mailed some of the profs ...they ask me to send application and documents ...i m just concern about my research thing i dont know ....they will choose people like me or not . :(

It sounds like you know what you want, so go ahead and apply! I am sure that I don't know if you will be accepted for an Indian preventive dentistry PhD, but I wish you much luck.

hi everyone....i am in final year of BDS... i want to settle in canada after that...what should i do?
is DDS or GRE compulsory there?
or how can i opt for a master's degree?
please help me out...plz

hi everyone....i am in final year of BDS... i want to settle in canada after that...what should i do?
is DDS or GRE compulsory there?
or how can i opt for a master's degree?
please help me out...plz

i guess in canada they wont allow u do masters if ur not a canadian citizen ....i read on some university website ...but not sure that this the case with all universities ..