Washington c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NStarz

Ohio State c/o 2016
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Is anyone else having tons of problems with Washington's supplemental? It's only up every other day because of "runtime errors," and when it is open, it's really glitchy. I try to put in my colleges attended and it only lets me put in two, then changes the last one I entered to the new one. When I try to enter my parent's colleges, it only allows me to enter the first one and then assigns that one to four more fictional parents. And it lists my undergraduate institution as a "college" when it's been a "university" for 20+ years.

Spoke to the people in the admissions office--they told me to hit 'help' in the application and deal with IT (which is hard to do when I can't access the application). I'm really frustrated :( At least she could have told me if other people were experiencing the same/similar problems.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be honest, I have only logged in once and haven't done much work on it yet. Although it was displaying runtime errors at the time. Hmph. I will have to look at it again this weekend.

Not that I have tried to open it ... but did you try it in a different internet browser? I have found that I can't run many things in Safari ... gotta switch to Chrome or Firefox for those.

Online applications are so much more convenient than paper ... until this happens ...

Members don't see this ad :)
Not that I have tried to open it ... but did you try it in a different internet browser? I have found that I can't run many things in Safari ... gotta switch to Chrome or Firefox for those.

Online applications are so much more convenient than paper ... until this happens ...

I've been having the same problems but I found that Internet Explorer works better than Chrome. I don't know about Firefox or Safari.

I found that if I enter one college, click "save", click to another section, then go back to the college section then it will save. Super frustrating. I also had the server crash on me multiple times.

I was on the Wash U supplemental earlier today and it has been working fine with firefox. Just an fyi!:)

I was on the Wash U supplemental earlier today and it has been working fine with firefox. Just an fyi!:)

Yep--thanks! I contacted them earlier this week and let them know the trouble I was having, so hopefully they fixed some/all of the problems I've been having!

blackangussteak, what year will you be applying for Vet School?

Anyone having problems with their transcripts? Earlier this month it showed both transcripts as received but now it shows one as missing?

Any news on letters for this year? I have a WICHE friend who already received an early interest letter. Will we hear about New Years again?

I was wondering the same thing. The posted dateline indicates late December/early January, for in-state, but of course I'm completely anxious about the mail every day. So last year, they sent notices out around New Year? Thank you!

I looked at last years interview invite thread and it looks like all Washington in-state-ers got email notifications on December 17th last year. Maybe sooner than the new year!

Members don't see this ad :)
Heads up! A friend of mine just received an interview from WSU via snail mail. Her interview is Jan. 23rd. She is (IS) That's about all I know.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for all of you out there!!!!:luck::luck::luck:

Oh my goodness I just got an interview invite via email!!!! GAHHHHHHH!!!! Idk my date yet, the email said snail mail to follow....

I started dancing around and one of my dogs came over and I told him to keep his paws crossed that we might be moving to Washington :D

Got my interview invite today! I'm IS, the letter was postmarked December 13th. Big manila envelope :) Anyone else going to be in Pullman January 24th?

Looks like I'm going on a road trip next month!

Yay, I just received the manila envelope! I'm IS, and scheduled to interview 1/23, two days after my brother's wedding.

Congrats. Anyone know the schedule for the acceptances this year. Seems they are pretty sporadic with both IS and OOS interviews.

Congrats. Anyone know the schedule for the acceptances this year. Seems they are pretty sporadic with both IS and OOS interviews.

Thank you very much. All I know is what they mention on the Date Timeline, which says that interview notices are mailed in December and January, and admission offers are mailed to WICHE students in January. The Notifications page, however, states that WICHE students should be notified of admission in February. They make it sound as if WICHE students are not interviewed, but that is not the case for your friend, right?

No WICHE students are interviewed at any WICHE school. WSU sends out early interest letters which says WSU will interview a student in the OOS pool if they don't receive WICHE.

Congrats all! I was just wondering if any of you other OOS-ers had gotten any word yet, interview invite or otherwise? I'm getting a little worried now..

congrats dvmdream! i'm oos arizona too (living in WA)! hopefully I will hear good news from them soon...

Congrats. They are definitely trickling out the interviews this year.

Anybody know when fall transcripts are due?

I'm so excited you guys are starting to get interview invites! Let me know if you have any questions :D

I got an interview at Washington State too!! Who will be at the Pizza Mixer on Feb 6th?

Looks like interviews are the week of January 23rd for IS and February 6th for OOS. Any idea if they'll add another week for interviews?

Looks like interviews are the week of January 23rd for IS and February 6th for OOS. Any idea if they'll add another week for interviews?

For those applicants that were offered OOS interviews, but applied as WICHE and are waiting to hear about that have interviews on Feb. 10.

I REALLY liked Washington State and am so excited for you guys interviewing up there! My interview was relaxed, made me feel at home, and I had a fun time. I think you guys will really like the school!

Hi! Does anyone know how many in-state applicants are interviewed?

Answered my own question-

Washington Resident Interviews January 23-25, 2012
Idaho Resident Interviews January 26 - 27, 2012
Utah Resident Interviews January 30 - February 1, 2012
Out of Area Interviews February 6-10, 2012

How did you guys prepare for your interview at WSU? I keep getting freaked out since my interview is drawing near :scared:

Good luck to everyone! I hope to meet some of you at the pizza mixer. Always fun talking to prospective students. :)

My interview is at 3:30 on Monday, the 23rd, and I intend to attend the mixer with my husband, at 5 pm that day. We both need to be back at work the next morning in Seattle, so we probably won't stay long, and we'll be high-tailing it back over the pass that night. I look forward to meeting you!

Pizza Mixer for the OOA students are Feb 6, 7 and 9th at 5 pm. I'd recommend reviewing your app as it seems most questions came from that.

When are the pizza mixers? They usually have an e-mail out by now. I'll try and go if I can get out of the teaching hospital in time :)
The WA/ID mixers are Jan 23, 24, 26, and 27 at 5pm. :)

Starting to get nervous about my interview on Tuesday! This is my 3 round of applications and my first interview (changed states this year, my previous IS did not do interviews).

I'm planning to attend the tour and pizza mixer on Monday--my interview is Tuesday morning and I'm going to drive out to Pullman on Monday morning. Is anyone else going to these on Monday? And what to wear to these?! Do I need to look nice?

Also, is anyone familiar with the drive from Seattle/W Washington to Pullman? I drove out to Stevens Pass last week and didn't really enjoy it. Thoughts?

Yes, you absolutely need to look nice. This is a professional interview. Wear a suit, or at least nice slacks or a conservative skirt and a professional top.

Historically, the IS kids aren't snappy dressers. The OOS kids are like a business wear catalogue. Regardless, this is your one shot. Make it count. Don't give them the impression you don't care enough to look professional for your interview.

That said, you don't need to look nice for the tour or pizza mixer. You can wear whatever you want for that. Some people stay in their suits. Some change out. Just look good for the interview and the rest is cake.

Take I-90 over Snoquamlie. It's the lowest pass, the most traveled, and should be the clearest. Check the DOT website for their web cams. They'll have live images of the pass conditions. Traction tires may be advised or required. Sometimes they may require chains.

Have fun and welcome to WSU :)

PS. Anyone flying in Monday evening? I can pick people up at the Pullman airport after 6pm :) (Pullman, not Spokane) I'm promise I'm not a creeper and I can take you into town. PM me by this evening if you need a lift!

Also note: If there is fog or bad weather and you're flying into Pullman, they may divert your flight to land in Lewiston. This is about a 30-40 minute drive south of where you want to be. People will split a cab for the drive up, so make sure to have some extra cash on you just in case.