Washington, DC Practica?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hope4Grad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear SDN,

I am a 3rd year grad student who is moving to DC from a different state, and am desperately searching for a Practicum out there! I know very little about the area, and the bad news is that I have to start a prac on Sept 16, so VERY soon :(

The good news is that I have a lot to recommend me (solid references and experience), and am moving to DC because I was awarded an honor in the field that requires me to move for a year. If anyone knows of any possible Prac sites that would take on a student at this point, please let me know! Of course, this would not be a personal rec just suggestions of good sites to check out. I work mainly with SPMI adults but at this point would consider anything with adults.

Thanks to SDN and anyone who can help :)

Members don't see this ad.

Isn't this your DCTs job? Or at least to assist you with this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am annoyed they did not assist or suggest doing so earlier, truthfully. They are not good with that.

So, if he/she is not keeping up in student traning and practicum, what are they doing. Lol.