Washington State c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejection in the mail today. OOS NY, tier II. First rejection. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Moscow is the greatest!! :D Hahaha, I usually invade the WSU thread at some point each year to tell people Moscow is a nice place to live if they want some non-Pullman options.

I lived in the Robinson trailer park, next to the Rosauers. Ah, this time of year there's probably some snow around and the hills are pretty :)

Go have some Breakfast Club for me - I loved that place! I still text my BFF from vet school and tell her I miss Breakfast Club!

It's been snowing non-stop for a week now. :) We had almost no snow last year -it was the first time since I moved here that we weren't able to go sledding.

The only downside I can think about living here is that the city water is gross - but I don't know if Pullman is any better.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejection in the mail today. OOS NY, tier II. First rejection. :(

I'm sorry. :( Hopefully Christmas-y things can help take your mind off it.

Why do they send out rejections 4 days before Christmas? That seems overly harsh.

Members don't see this ad :)
The only downside I can think about living here is that the city water is gross - but I don't know if Pullman is any better.

It's not. I made the mistake of drinking tap water when my friends filter pitcher was empty and I was too thirsty to wait for it. Never doing that again :p

I received a rejection in the mail today too. OOS, Tier 2.

Few things..
1) Any Tier II applicants get good news recently? And has it only been snail mail? :/
2) Are the OOS interview dates listed the only ones they're having, or are those the only dates for the first round applicants?
3) Did any OOS applicants select preference for the Logan campus? Is anyone aware of how they decide who gets accepted where (aside from the 20 Utah residents/ 10 OOS), like do they base it off of the applicant's preference or if we get an interview do we know which campus we are interviewing for? I know the tuition is a HUGE difference in the long-run as an OOS student, so I would obviously be imprudent to choose logan over pullman unless I really wanted an extra 60-120k in debt (since I wouldn't be able to gain IS residency)...but I also love the idea of spending my first 2 years in a smaller class size, having that more personal experience with instructors and classmates, and being in the Logan area. I haven't heard any news about interview/rejection yet (I'm likely low ranked in Tier II) so this is more just me thinking-out-loud.

Those are the only interview dates. When they finally get to IS and Idaho in February, interviews will be over.

I think there's a webpage about the logan program but I'm too lazy to look for it and I'm on my phone. It might help answer your question.

The only disadvantage of of this break: not getting my mail.

Officially rejected today, snail mail, post marked 12/14. Good luck to everyone still in the game!

Reactions: 1 users
I just declined my interview...I was looking forward to getting the chance to meet some of you in person, but hopefully our paths will cross in other ways. Good luck to everyone on your interviews!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just declined my interview...I was looking forward to getting the chance to meet some of you in person, but hopefully our paths will cross in other ways. Good luck to everyone on your interviews!
I can't like this. :(

Just kidding. Good luck with everything, Kam!

Come to Tufts, PBC. You know you want to! :p

Still haven't heard back. I'm getting worried, to say the least.

Sorry about those that didn't get in. :( :(

I haven't heard anything either, so I'm just as worried :(
Was rejected from mississippi state last week, waitlisted at midwestern & VMCVM, so all that bummed me out. On top of that, my car got totalled yesterday after hydroplaning around a bend... I would LOVE for some good news/luck to come my way finally--particularly from Washington State would be ideal.

Yeah, I'm freaking out a bit because I haven't heard anything either, not sure what to make of it...

Well...got my rejection letter in the mail today. post-marked 12/14/15. Good luck to everyone else!

(OOS, from new jersey, Tier II...possibly III)

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm an OOS who has an interview on the 25th, but I just got a tufts one for the 26th. Anyone know their policy on rescheduling?

Well...got my rejection letter in the mail today. post-marked 12/14/15. Good luck to everyone else!

(OOS, from new jersey, Tier II...possibly III)

Same. Sorry to hear that :(
I'm OOS, thought I was Tier I but I guess not

Hey everyone, I'm an OOS who has an interview on the 25th, but I just got a tufts one for the 26th. Anyone know their policy on rescheduling?

Call them as soon as they open up again. If there are different interview days, go for those. If not, try to get an earlier time so you can fly out to tufts for your second interview.

I thought I would be able to get my mail when I got back to campus. Nope. I have to wait till the 4th when our maintenance building opens back up. I might have a letter, I might not. Checked the portal and there's nothing different besides my VMCAS being checked again on the 17th. Hopefully I can still schedule an interview (if I have one) on the fourth.

Someone a few pages back posted about rescheduling. I think they said that the only way they could switch would be if there would cancellations, because all the slots where full at the time. There are only one set of interview dates for OOS, so you'd only be able to switch to another one of those dates if there were openings. Definitely call them ASAP! Or like Batsenecal said, get the earliest flight out you can if you can't reschedule.

You could also try recheduling tufts. I don't know if they have more than one set of OOS dates. It might be easier with them if they do.

Are OOS planning on just flying into the Pullman airport? Do you think there will be delays due to the weather?

I am flying into Spokane the day before and driving to Pullman. It was significantly less expensive.

Does that happen often? When I was booking the costs of the tickets to Lewiston vs Pullman were pretty comparable.

I booked straight to Pullman for the day before my interview, so if I get rerouted it's not a big deal, pricing was negligible in my case. Who is excited to interview??!!!! I can't wait...my boyfriend and I are going snowboarding the day afterwards, it's going to be a great mini-vacation aside from my nerves pre-interview.

Sorry to hear about all the rejections :( super sad for them to do that right before Christmas

@alohacat319 what day is your interview?

Does that happen often? When I was booking the costs of the tickets to Lewiston vs Pullman were pretty comparable.
It happens often enough that most of the people I know just plan to fly into Lewiston, so they already have arrangements made for rides to get home. It sucks to call people and ask them to make the trip down to get you unexpectedly.

It might not be an issue, but if you fly into the Pullman airport just be aware that it could happen.

We're so close! Officially less than a month away from mine. And today is one month from the last day of all interviews. :eek:

Ah ok, I'm 1/26 in the afternoon. Flying into Spokane Monday afternoon and staying until Wednesday. Are you going to the social thingy on Monday night?

Ah ok, I'm 1/26 in the afternoon. Flying into Spokane Monday afternoon and staying until Wednesday. Are you going to the social thingy on Monday night?
Probably not but I am not 100% decided. I have my interview at Purdue on 1/22. So I am missing 1/21, 1/22, 1/25, 1/26 from school for sure... I am undecided if I can miss yet another day of classes. We'll see though. I have a flexible flight home.

Finally got a hold of my letter and it was a no go for me.

Does anyone else have an interview on 1/25 at 10:45?

I am pretty nervous to fly into Pullman. I hope the weather wont be too bad. I am OOS (PA) and it's going to be a long day of flying for me.

I am pretty nervous to fly into Pullman. I hope the weather wont be too bad. I am OOS (PA) and it's going to be a long day of flying for me.
I am that same morning!

Yes I'm interviewing that day too can't remember that time but it was around 11 am and I OOS from PA as well ^_^

I'm worried about the flight, but I will be flying from Ohio though, I sure hope the weather will be good.
-_-

Yes I'm interviewing that day too can't remember that time but it was around 11 am and I OOS from PA as well ^_^

I'm worried about the flight, but I will be flying from Ohio though, I sure hope the weather will be good.
-_-

That's really cool to meet another person from PA who got a WSU interview. Why did you chose to apply to WSU?

I am flying out of the Penn State Airport. I am a little worried because it's such a small airport.

It's been warming up some and we haven't had any heavy snow falls since mid December. Maybe your flights will be alright :)

It's been warming up some and we haven't had any heavy snow falls since mid December. Maybe your flights will be alright :)
Good to hear! I saw that there is gunna be some rain in the next week is it usually very heavy rain or just spread out showers or..?

Good to hear! I saw that there is gunna be some rain in the next week is it usually very heavy rain or just spread out showers or..?

It usually doesn't rain super super hard. If it does, it's only for a little while. Mostly the rain is mild/medium and intermittent. Nothing to worry about.

Getting nervous but mostly excited now that interviews are just around the corner! Anybody going to a class or taking a tour? I lost my paper that has that information on it :( I feel a little silly asking for another one...lol

Getting nervous but mostly excited now that interviews are just around the corner! Anybody going to a class or taking a tour? I lost my paper that has that information on it :( I feel a little silly asking for another one...lol
If you PM me, I can fwd you the email. I got it all via email since I'm wiche.

I was looking for the thread from last year but couldn't find it, and apparently nobody posted in the official acceptances thread on Washington. Does anyone know when we should expect to hear acceptances after the interviews?