Washington State c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Normally you hear a few weeks after the interviews I believe? At least that's how it is for other schools

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was looking for the thread from last year but couldn't find it, and apparently nobody posted in the official acceptances thread on Washington. Does anyone know when we should expect to hear acceptances after the interviews?

I interviewed on January 20th, and heard back on February 2nd.

Reactions: 1 users
I was looking for the thread from last year but couldn't find it, and apparently nobody posted in the official acceptances thread on Washington. Does anyone know when we should expect to hear acceptances after the interviews?

Does your letter say anything? My interview letter has a little section about how deliberations will start as soon as WA interviews are done, and decisions will be out within one week of when deliberations are finished. Maybe it says in the OOS letters something about it?

For IS, I was told it's a pretty quick turn around though. You usually hear about a week after the last interview date. Hopefully it's similar for OOS!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh.. Hah, I couldn't even tell you where my letter is. Good to know, thanks!

Guys, interviews are starting Wednesday! I don't think I've seen any Utah people post here, but good luck to anyone from there interviewing this week!

And good luck OOS people next week!

They sent out WA invites so early before interviews that it didn't really hit me until today I'm actually interviewing. I was like "oh **** this could actually happen this year," when I realized in two weeks I'll be in Pullman and now I'm actually a little bit nervous haha

Guys, interviews are starting Wednesday! I don't think I've seen any Utah people post here, but good luck to anyone from there interviewing this week!

They sent out WA invites so early before interviews that it didn't really hit me until today I'm actually interviewing. I was like "oh **** this could actually happen this year," when I realized in two weeks I'll be in Pullman and now I'm actually a little bit nervous haha

My adviser suggested practicing interview questions in front of a mirror. Now, whenever I walk into the bathroom, I stand there for a few minutes and talk to myself. I feel so crazy and so under prepared, despite the months and months I've waited . . . but in a few weeks I'll be able to go to the bathroom and not talk to myself, so there's something to look forward to. :laugh:

My adviser suggested practicing interview questions in front of a mirror. Now, whenever I walk into the bathroom, I stand there for a few minutes and talk to myself. I feel so crazy and so under prepared, despite the months and months I've waited . . . but in a few weeks I'll be able to go to the bathroom and not talk to myself, so there's something to look forward to. :laugh:

Hahaha I've been doing that, too! And sometimes in the car when I'm stuck in bad traffic.

Same on feeling unprepared! I have a mock interview scheduled for next week, but I'm sort of worried it'll go poorly and then I'll feel even less prepared... It was suppose to have been tomorrow, but I moved it because of somethings and by the time I did the earliest they had was a week later. Oh well!

I do finally have my interview outfit all squared away now though,
So I guess I'm not totally unprepared :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
Sounds like this will be the first interview for some of you? This is actually one of my latest ones. Hopefully by now I'm prepared for whatever questions they'll ask. But as usual, I'm going to wing it because any time I try to prepare for an interview I just get super anxious and it does more harm than good. So, good luck to all of us, whichever prep method (or lack thereof) we employ!

Yeah they put the same thing in my letter. I'm an OOS. They told me that I was going to get a response within a week of the interview.

For anyone traveling next week, this is what our current weather is:

IMG_20160122_092427107.jpg

Just rain right now. And it looks like next week should be pretty pleasant - cloudy and in the 40s.

I just arrived in Pullman last night. I am so excited to be here! I am glad I left early. I am from PA and I would have been snowed in if I didn't leave yesterday. So far I really love it here. I am walking around the campus tomorrow and I am interviewing early Monday morning. For anyone flying in the flight from Seattle to Pullman it's a nice little flight. The airport here is kind of crazy because its all hills until you hit the runway.
Good luck to everyone interviewing this week!

I just arrived in Pullman last night. I am so excited to be here! I am glad I left early. I am from PA and I would have been snowed in if I didn't leave yesterday. So far I really love it here. I am walking around the campus tomorrow and I am interviewing early Monday morning. For anyone flying in the flight from Seattle to Pullman it's a nice little flight. The airport here is kind of crazy because its all hills until you hit the runway.
Good luck to everyone interviewing this week!
I don't know Ferdinand's hours, but if you're looking for something to do, you should go! Delicious local ice cream. It's on campus. I love them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just landed in spokane! Almost there!

PBC- any recommendations for places to go for dinner tonight?

PBC- any recommendations for places to go for dinner tonight?

You should come explore Moscow! The best places downtown are Mikey's (which is popular for their gyros), Gambino's (pizza/pasta/Italian, really good bread sticks), La Casa Lopez (Mexican food), and Maialina (fancy pizza place, tends to be expensive). There's a city law that only local businesses can be on Main St., so even though it's tiny, it's unique. There's a collection of bars and college night life, as well. :p Plus we just got Panda Express. If you venture further into Moscow, the Eastside Marketplace has La Madrid, which is my very favorite.

I don't eat in Pullman very often, and when I do, it's usually just at fast food places. :oops: I've been to Emerald, a Chinese place, and it was pretty good. On campus, the CUB has a Panda Express (open til 7 I think) and Subway (which might be open until later). There's a local fast food place called Cougar Country, but I don't like their french fries.

I was told something about a place called sangria? Yay or nay?

We are actually staying in Moscow I'm pretty sure!

Though pricey in Moscow might not mean what it does in other places.

Good luck to people interviewing this week! :)

Reactions: 4 users
For those of you interviewing early on, how has it been?

Do most students live in Moscow? I wanted to try to look at places to live while I'm there. Any suggestions on places to look?

Alright, which of you lovely ladies did I talk to when I was checking into the hotel today? You were on your way to the tour... Would be nice to put a face to a name!

Are people bringing family members to the mixers, tours, and panels? The flyer says family is welcome to attend a class but does not say anything about the other events.

Are people bringing family members to the mixers, tours, and panels? The flyer says family is welcome to attend a class but does not say anything about the other events.
Almost all the people on my tour had family members too.

I wasn't able to go on the tour. Did anyone take pictures? I'm assuming it's all state of the art technology... That seems to be what every school says.

I think they have a video tour on their website. If I'm not mistaken I watched one a while back. And yes, of all the facilities I have been at, it was one of the nicest.

has anyone had their interview yet? how did it go? any weird questions, or were they just trying to get to know you?

has anyone had their interview yet? how did it go? any weird questions, or were they just trying to get to know you?
Mine was very laid back, nothing difficult or oddball. Just trying to get to know you.

Mostly getting to know you, very conversational/relaxed. They also asked some situational questions.
did they ask "why do you want to be a vet?" or things along those lines? that is the question I'm really trying to prepare for because i think its the most important

did they ask "why do you want to be a vet?" or things along those lines? that is the question I'm really trying to prepare for because i think its the most important
Look on the interview feedback section, it has some example questions from past years. I had quite few scenarios. IE: how would you handle a client saying "this" or what would you do if a pet came in and this happened. etc. I also had a lot of questions of "give us an example of when you have experienced this."

Headed to Washington today for my interview tomorrow!! :)

I mean, yes, that's an important thing to know for any vet school interview. I don't remember them specifically asking me that, but I'm sure that I brought up why I wanted to be a vet at some point. Mine was very conversational. They asked questions, I asked questions. They definitely focus on what you would do in specific scenarios though, as aloha said.

does anyone know if we can bring a notebook into the interview with notes for reference?

does anyone know if we can bring a notebook into the interview with notes for reference?
I brought a notebook with me. I wrote down my interviewer names. They didn't seem to mind. However, I would caution against using it to reference notes for particular answers to questions. It could distract you from making eye contact and make you seem to rehearsed or might make you nervous if they ask you a question that you didn't prepare. So yes, you can bring it, but just be aware of possible pitfalls.

I brought a notebook with me. I wrote down my interviewer names. They didn't seem to mind. However, I would caution against using it to reference notes for particular answers to questions. It could distract you from making eye contact and make you seem to rehearsed or might make you nervous if they ask you a question that you didn't prepare. So yes, you can bring it, but just be aware of possible pitfalls.
ok, thanks. I emailed barbara about it and she just said that she could give me the names of the interviewers after the interview, but didn't answer the question about if it was ok to bring the notebook in. So I guess I will just not bring one, i feel like she was discreetly trying to say not to bring it since she didn't really answer my question

ok, thanks. I emailed barbara about it and she just said that she could give me the names of the interviewers after the interview, but didn't answer the question about if it was ok to bring the notebook in. So I guess I will just not bring one, i feel like she was discreetly trying to say not to bring it since she didn't really answer my question

lol. I went in with her to talk right before the interview and she didn't say anything about it. lol. My notepad was in one of those black folders with my transcripts. I just know that many people rely too heavily on their notes, and it makes eye contact go out the window.

Arriving in Pullman today! So excited/nervous! Any suggestions on places to live?

lol. I went in with her to talk right before the interview and she didn't say anything about it. lol. My notepad was in one of those black folders with my transcripts. I just know that many people rely too heavily on their notes, and it makes eye contact go out the window.
ok, good idea for bringing it for the transcripts. I think I will bring one, but not put any notes in it other than to write the interviewers names down at the end. She emailed me back saying that they are allowed, but she said if I was bringing it just to write down the names that it would be easier for me to ask her.

Where should I eat lunch/dinner in Pullman or Moscow?!

Who is interviewing tomorrow? I have mine at 2:45, so nervous!!!

Don't be nervous! Everyone is fantastic! The interview is very conversational and relaxed! :)

Those of you who have already interviewed, did you sit in on any classes? What times were they offered?

Those of you who have already interviewed, did you sit in on any classes? What times were they offered?
I got here today and they said most of the classes are between 8-11 am, and that the classes start 10 min. after the hour, but there are classes all day. I didnt see the sign that posted the times though, this is just what people at the school said

Is anyone going to the mixer or student panel tomorrow?