Washington State c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone going to the mixer or student panel tomorrow?
i'm going tomorrow

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When is the last day to interview? I thought it was Friday. Obviously not! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh! I thought us OOS peeps were last! Well good luck everyone! The mixer and panel were really informative.

Normally they are! They just pushed back IS and ID a ton this year (originally they had us scheduled for early December) :)

Eek, I interview tomorrow! I keep having small moments of total panic, but for the most part I'm pretty calm about it. Excited to get it done and find out decisions next week!

Reactions: 2 users
Normally they are! They just pushed back IS and ID a ton this year (originally they had us scheduled for early December) :)

Eek, I interview tomorrow! I keep having small moments of total panic, but for the most part I'm pretty calm about it. Excited to get it done and find out decisions next week!
good luck!!!! i just finished mine about an hour ago, i think it went pretty well but i think i had the hardest panel, everyone was saying how conversational it is but mine was more they ask questions and i answer. not much conversing

My interview was very conversational, I even got my panel to laugh. It was mainly about them trying to get to know me, seeing how I think and seeing how I fit into their program. Best of luck for everyone who is interviewing later this week, you'll do fantastic!!:)

Are you doing any tour/mixer things today?

Are we sure decisions are next week?

In interviewed OOS on 1/26 and they said I would hear back within 2 weeks.

I was going to go to the 12pm tour, but I had to go grab my car keys from my friend (she dropped me off) and didn't get back in time :(

There should be another tour at 4pm! If you can't make that time admissions can schedule another tour for you. I would also be happy to show you around!

Members don't see this ad :)
There should be another tour at 4pm! If you can't make that time admissions can schedule another tour for you. I would also be happy to show you around!

There was :) I just had a 5-6 hour drive home and have to be at work tomorrow at 7, so I couldn't make it. Thank you for the offer! That's so sweet. My friend from work that's a current student showed me the SA side of the VTH in the summer, but the LA side was closed (samonella outbreak I think it was?) at the time, so I mainly wanted to see that side.

I'll be at the 4pm tour!

It would have been great to meet you! Hopefully we'll be classmates and will meet in the fall :)

(Also did you see Doctor Who was taken off of Netflix?!?! Right after I finally get it and was planning to rewatch. I was so sad :'( haha)

It would have been great to meet you! Hopefully we'll be classmates and will meet in the fall :)

(Also did you see Doctor Who was taken off of Netflix?!?! Right after I finally get it and was planning to rewatch. I was so sad :'( haha)

What? No!! I'm so sad now. I wasn't all caught up yet. :(

I thought about introducing myself as PBC just to see if I could find any SDN people. That might have been weird though. :laugh:

What? No!! I'm so sad now. I wasn't all caught up yet. :(

I thought about introducing myself as PBC just to see if I could find any SDN people. That might have been weird though. :laugh:

I know! I hadn't seen all of the 12th Doctor's first season yet. I'd stopped watching about halfway through the season. Was too sad about 11 still :p Now I can't! :( there is a rumor BBC is launching their own streaming service and are letting all their contracts expire to get their shows on their own service.

Haha! That would have been hilarious.

I know! I hadn't seen all of the 12th Doctor's first season yet. I'd stopped watching about halfway through the season. Was too sad about 11 still :p Now I can't! :( there is a rumor BBC is launching their own streaming service and are letting all their contracts expire to get their shows on their own service.

Haha! That would have been hilarious.

It was hard to continue when Amy and Rory left. And then Clara came, and there was that weird flirty time . . . I'm trying to support her character, but it's hard. She's no substitute. :(

My brother found them all online somewhere - he claims it wasn't illegal. I don't remember what it was.

It was hard to continue when Amy and Rory left. And then Clara came, and there was that weird flirty time . . . I'm trying to support her character, but it's hard. She's no substitute. :(

My brother found them all online somewhere - he claims it wasn't illegal. I don't remember what it was.

She really isn't :( and then when 11 left so soon after...it just felt so wrong. I watched this years Christmas special though and 12 grew on me. It's a pretty stand alone episode, so maybe watch that if you're having a hard time with 12? (If you have Comcast I think it's still on OnDemand). It was pretty much the only reason I was wanting to watch 12s eps now :p

She really isn't :( and then when 11 left so soon after...it just felt so wrong. I watched this years Christmas special though and 12 grew on me. It's a pretty stand alone episode, so maybe watch that if you're having a hard time with 12? (If you have Comcast I think it's still on OnDemand). It was pretty much the only reason I was wanting to watch 12s eps now :p

Oh, I love 12! I love that he gets to keep his Scottish accent on the show. :love: I watched half his first season a year or so ago, but I was still emotionally fragile from 11 and everyone leaving.

Oh, I love 12! I love that he gets to keep his Scottish accent on the show. :love: I watched half his first season a year or so ago, but I was still emotionally fragile from 11 and everyone leaving.

I think I was too sad about 11 still to really like 12 before. But then the Christmas special reminded me he is actually hilarious and a good fit for the Doctor. But then Netflix/BBC took it away. Jerks. Hmph. :p

(Sorry for the hijack other WSU applicants. But I figure if we all end up as classmates you'll have to deal with us being Whovians so you might as well get use to it now :p haha )

(Sorry for the hijack other WSU applicants. But I figure if we all end up as classmates you'll have to deal with us being Whovians so you might as well get use to it now :p haha )

giphy.gif

Interviews are officially over!!!! Good job everyone, and good luck!!! now we wait a week or two :nailbiting:

Reactions: 4 users
Just out of curiosity, did anyone have their interview Monday morning? I had mine at 9:30 and met quite a few really nice applicants while waiting!

Joining the waiting panic sesh :nailbiting: Went last Tuesday for my OOS interview! Good luck to everyone!!

So do you guys think we will hear back this week!? I'm very anxious and excited!

Reactions: 2 users
So do you guys think we will hear back this week!? I'm very anxious and excited!

I hope so!

Barbara told me after my interview they thought they'd have WA/ID out within two weeks. So hopefully OOS will here this week and we'll hear next week!

I'm kind of worried decisions will take normal than usual though, cause I think in past years there were breaks in between interviews, and this year they did them all back to back.

I hope so!

Barbara told me after my interview they thought they'd have WA/ID out within two weeks. So hopefully OOS will here this week and we'll hear next week!

I'm kind of worried decisions will take normal than usual though, cause I think in past years there were breaks in between interviews, and this year they did them all back to back.

This is true! And they did them in a different order!

I know that today was wayyy too early to have heard anything or have received a letter, but I went out to the mailbox tonight and there way big envelope inside and I freaked out. It was only a Dell advertisement catalog. :laugh:

Letters for Idaho are supposed to go out within a week of deliberations finishing. I'm trying to convince myself I might hear by the end of this week, but that's probably being optimistic. :rolleyes:

I know that today was wayyy too early to have heard anything or have received a letter, but I went out to the mailbox tonight and there way big envelope inside and I freaked out. It was only a Dell advertisement catalog. :laugh:

Letters for Idaho are supposed to go out within a week of deliberations finishing. I'm trying to convince myself I might hear by the end of this week, but that's probably being optimistic. :rolleyes:

Ha! I did the same thing, but with email. I had like 5 new emails at lunch and got all excited when I saw one had "congratulations!" in the preview part, but it was just some random bank thing haha. I feel like I will get way too excited about any new email until decisions are out.

Yeah, WA is suppose to as well! I'm really hoping for by Monday. but that's probably pushing it too....

Last edited:
I'm OOS and was told the decisions would take 2-3 weeks at my interview. I interviewed the 28th. Barbara also said that several interviewees had to reschedule due to bad weather so that may make decisions take a little longer!

Really hoping we hear this week though :)

Barbara told me the same thing. I'm OOS and I interviewed on the 29th. She said it should take two weeks but, at the longest three weeks. So I'm also hopeful that we will hear something on FRIDAY!!!

So excited, yet nervous at the same time!!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to everyone! When I had my OOS interview, I was told 2-3 weeks as well. I'm hopefully that decisions will be out this week!

Last edited:
Just got an acceptance email from WSU! I'm an OOS student and interviewed on the 28th, I can't believe it! Yahoooooo! :woot:

Reactions: 5 users
Omg! I just got an email! IS accepted!

Reactions: 8 users
Thank you! Congrats to you, too! Do you think you'll accept or are you waiting to hear from other schools?

Ahh, I can't believe it!

I'm still waiting to hear from a few other schools and I'm going to have some tough decisions to make, but I was really impressed with the "family" feeling at WSU!

You guys make me so nervous. I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully Idaho is just slow . . .

Any other OOSers hear anything?

I think I remember a current student saying that the acceptances don't go out all at once. We might have just been in the particular stack of files that they went through today!

Any other OOSers hear anything?
Yes! OOS accepted!! Congrats to those of you already accepted! For those waiting to hear, I'm sure they do this in waves, Stacey told me this at my interview so it is coming from a solid source.