Washington State c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody hearing from WICHE yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes! OOS accepted!! Congrats to those of you already accepted! For those waiting to hear, I'm sure they do this in waves, Stacey told me this at my interview so it is coming from a solid source.

Seeing this made me calm down a little. I'm still going to be checking my email all day tomorrow, though. ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Yes! OOS accepted!! Congrats to those of you already accepted! For those waiting to hear, I'm sure they do this in waves, Stacey told me this at my interview so it is coming from a solid source.
When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Still nothing. Hate to say it... But I don't think more acceptances are coming.

Last years thread everyone heard on one day and rejection/alternate letters came in the mail I believe.

I am so tempted to call tomorrow and ask, but I feel like that's too soon to start being obnoxious. So I'll wait.

My coworker heard she was accepted yesterday. It feels so weird to still be in the not-sure limbo land that we're in.

Well IS, 00S and Utah heard on dif days but everyone in each category heard together it seems

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I just took an informal poll of my vet school friends sitting in front of me, and we didn't all hear on the same day.
There may be hope yet! Thanks:)

There may be hope yet! Thanks:)
on the class of 2018 thread a lot of people heard on different days, so they could be doing that this year as well, lets hope!!! I think there would be more people on here saying they were accepted, I've only seen 3 people on this thread with news

Reactions: 3 users
on the class of 2018 thread a lot of people heard on different days, so they could be doing that this year as well, lets hope!!! I think there would be more people on here saying they were accepted, I've only seen 3 people on this thread with news
Hoping you're right!

Reactions: 1 user
That is what I was thinking as well, all the other threads have quite a few acceptance posts and I would imagine it would be the same here if they had all been released yesterday

I agree... I'm OOS and haven't heard anything. I'm getting a little nervous but, still hopeful for an acceptance! :) Everyone keep your hopes up, its not over yet!

On the bright side, there is no status change on the portal (supplemental app/log in).

got my rejection in the mail today, pretty bummed. This is my 3rd time applying to WSU and I'm in state. :( Anyone else hear anything today?

got my rejection in the mail today, pretty bummed. This is my 3rd time applying to WSU and I'm in state. :( Anyone else hear anything today?

Nothing today, but I'm OOS. Was it a flat out rejection or an "alternate"? Sorry gym00721.

Nothing today, but I'm OOS. Was it a flat out rejection or an "alternate"? Sorry gym00721.
it was a flat out rejection letter, didn't get an email or portal update either. I felt my interview went pretty well, so I don't know what went wrong

it was a flat out rejection letter, didn't get an email or portal update either. I felt my interview went pretty well, so I don't know what went wrong

aww I'm sorry. I felt the same way about my interview and I haven't heard anything and something tells me there are no more emails coming out.

Yes, I just took an informal poll of my vet school friends sitting in front of me, and we didn't all hear on the same day.
Do you know if you guys heard on consecutive days?

I still haven't gotten any mail or emails. How far from Pullman are you? I suspect I have a rejection in the mail and it just hasn't made its way yet.

I'm on the same boat, haven't heard anything yet. I'm OOS and I'm guessing either they haven't gotten to us yet or we have a sad letter making its way in the mail. :(

I still haven't gotten any mail or emails. How far from Pullman are you? I suspect I have a rejection in the mail and it just hasn't made its way yet.
I live in Bellingham, which is an hour and a half north of Seattle

Someday I'm going to stumble across this thread and laugh about how anxious waiting for an acceptance/rejection letter made me. :p

Last semester I applied for an internship. Because of the volume of applications, they only e-mailed the accepted students. Those of use who were rejected never heard anything. So if too much time passed and you didn't have an email, you just had to assume you didn't get in. At least we'll hear either way. Right? Silver lining?

I have always been a lurker on this thread but I'm so confused I decided to actually make an account! I'm IS, second year applicant, and I have heard nothing. I am near Seattle and haven't gotten an email or mail. I have a friend who has applied too and she is in the same boat. It just all seems so weird!

Last edited:
I wonder if each adcom had a certain number of people they could accept from those they interviewed. The IS pool had what, three or four interviews going consecutively? Maybe only applicants from certain interview groups have heard so far.

Is that possible? As far as I know no other Idaho students have heard anything, so it could be that our adcom just hasn't returned decisions yet.

Well… this is an odd year for sure. For those who have heard back, who did you interview with?

I interviewed with Dr Grubb and Dr Lampa.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Oh man, I interviewed with them on the 25th so it's not looking good for me. Congrats though.
I'm an AZ WICHE applicant, surprised I had to interview (WICHE is not supposed to) but I thought it went well, and enjoyed my time up there.

I'm IS and haven't heard anything. I interviewed with Dr. Grubb , Dr. Lampa and a third doctor. Are you guys thinking there are no more acceptances for Washington IS?

I'm IS and haven't heard anything. I interviewed with Dr. Grubb , Dr. Lampa and a third doctor. Are you guys thinking there are no more acceptances for Washington IS?
Only thing I know is that I know nothing about what's happening. Just rampin up that anxiety :/

Oh man, I interviewed with them on the 25th so it's not looking good for me. Congrats though.
I'm an AZ WICHE applicant, surprised I had to interview (WICHE is not supposed to) but I thought it went well, and enjoyed my time up there.
I am also az WICHE but did not get WICHE funding. I didn't have to interview technically at WSU but if I hadn't then I would have only been accepted if I had gotten WICHE. Interviewing gave us the opportunity to still be considered as an OOS applicant and not just WICHE. I'm not sure how WSU does their acceptances but I'd be shocked if only 3 of us on SDN had been accepted. I guess it could be possible, just surprising. My opinion is if you haven't been rejected you're still in the running, and trust me I have been in that position throughout this whole application cycle up until this point so I totally understand the anxiety that comes with it :( Keep your head up though, you never know what could happen in the future!:)

I interviewed with them as well and haven't heard anything. Interesting that so many of us on this thread interviewed with them!

Honestly only 3 people recieving acceptances on sdn wouldn't be surprising since they only have seats for 25 OOS. I'm assuming they send more acceptances than they have seats for, but still sdn is only showing a very small population of people who interviewed.

I interviewed with them as well and haven't heard anything. Interesting that so many of us on this thread interviewed with them!

Honestly only 3 people recieving acceptances on sdn wouldn't be surprising since they only have seats for 25 OOS. I'm assuming they send more acceptances than they have seats for, but still sdn is only showing a very small population of people who interviewed.
But one was OOS and one was IS....that is the only thing that makes me think that maybe they still have more to send out. 3 people for 100 seats or whatever the class size is seems small even for the small number on SDN. This is driving me crazy!:arghh:

But one was OOS and one was IS....that is the only thing that makes me think that maybe they still have more to send out. 3 people for 100 seats or whatever the class size is seems small even for the small number on SDN. This is driving me crazy!:arghh:

I think I'm the only Idaho app on this thread. There are 40 of us who apply . . . how's that for SDN sampling error? :p

Turns out my optimism was wrong....I called-the last day of releasing decisions was yesterday

She said that all decisions had been sent out yesterday and that if you don't get anything by next Wednesday to call.
Did she tell you your status, or are they not sharing that over the phone? (if you are rejected or an alternate)

I usually lurk. But I just wanted to say I'm OOS, and I got my email Tuesday for my acceptance to WSU through the Utah program.