Washington State c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So, since I haven't gotten an email or seen a portal update, I'm going to assume I'm out:(
Yep, ditto. I also called. All acceptances went out via email. All rejections and wait lists were sent out yesterday by snail mail. No email = no acceptance. But apparently a ton of people get pulled off the wait list so if you're really gunning for a spot and you're on the wait list, don't give up hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry guys. I was really hoping for good news for you :(

I really shouldn't have expected to get in, but my interview went really well and I've spent so much time and energy getting ready for this application cycle...it's just hard not to be dissapointed

Officially rejected. :( I know a lot of students reapply, but damn, rejection is hard to take. I found out in the middle of my stats class. I wish I could stay home and mope for the rest of the day but I have a physics exam and work tonight.

Yep, ditto. I also called. All acceptances went out via email. All rejections and wait lists were sent out yesterday by snail mail. No email = no acceptance. But apparently a ton of people get pulled off the wait list so if you're really gunning for a spot and you're on the wait list, don't give up hope!

Really? I heard Washington's wait list barely moved.

Really? I heard Washington's wait list barely moved.
One of the two students who were sitting in the waiting room with me was wait listed and saying don't get discouraged if that's what you end up with, and then both of them said that a bunch of people from their class were originally waitlisted. They were 4th years tho so I guess that could've changed.

Members don't see this ad :)
hen both of them said that a bunch of people from their class were originally waitlisted. They were 4th years tho so I guess that could've changed.
Someone I knew who got wait listed, didn't get in because very few people declined acceptance, so it may be a year to year thing.

Someone I knew who got wait listed, didn't get in because very few people declined acceptance, so it may be a year to year thing.
Yeah, one of the recent years had more people accept than they were expecting, and they were over capacity. No one came off the wait list.

At least you got an interview, last year I didn't even get that far. Just keep your head up ( even though that's really hard ) one of the vets who I work with told me not to take rejections personally, because the admissions committee doesn't know you well, and it's their loss.

Reactions: 1 user
Well good luck to everyone who does end up getting waitlisted and I'm sorry to everyone who didn't get in I didn't either but thankfully I've been accepted elsewhere, and I hope all of you get in somewhere else to!

Well good luck to everyone who does end up getting waitlisted and I'm sorry to everyone who didn't get in
emoji17.png
I didn't either but thankfully I've been accepted elsewhere, and I hope all of you get in somewhere else to!
I've been accepted by Dublin and St. George's, so it looks like a big move is in my near future.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a friend who was also accepted to Dublin! Have you decided where you'll attend?
I'm thinking Dublin, since how many chances do you have to go to school in Ireland:)! I just have to iron out all my financial details, and figure out what I'm going to do with my horse, but it's still exciting.

I also called today too, she said that the last decisions were mailed out today. For east coasters like me it'll take a few days which doesn't help my anxiety levels... At all haha. She also said that they send either emails or mail to accepted students both in and out of state. SO, if you didn't get an email! Do not give up hope just yet!!!

Second year here: sorry for y'all who didn't get in, I wish I could see all of you get the good news! For those who did get wait listed: it is a year to year thing, but generally a good # of people who are wait listed get in. I know at least 7 in my year, and that isn't without going around and investigating. For those who got rejected, DON'T GIVE UP HOPE! We have a handful of kids who got rejected two, three, even four times and now they are second years and on their way no worse for wear :)

I am OOS and still haven't heard anything. Considering Monday is a holiday I am going to be waiting quite a while for this mystery letter.

I asked them to email me the letter. I am OOS alternate. Can't complain!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

OOS Alternate. So that means no WICHE. I'm not surprised considering AZ's track record with higher education funding.
Any of you WICHE people know if being denied WICHE to one school means it being denied to all?

I called WSU today asking about how their wait listing system works, but all I was told was it wasn't ranked and divided up into groups by interviewing committees. Does anyone know how they choose who moves off the wait list if it's not ranked, or have any further insight into how the whole wait-listing thing works?

I called WSU today asking about how their wait listing system works, but all I was told was it wasn't ranked and divided up into groups by interviewing committees. Does anyone know how they choose who moves off the wait list if it's not ranked, or have any further insight into how the whole wait-listing thing works?

I think last year's thread talked about this. From what I understand, if there are spots left over to fill the committee goes back to the wait-listed students and reevaluates them to find the best candidate for the specific spot they have open.

OOS Alternate. So that means no WICHE. I'm not surprised considering AZ's track record with higher education funding.
Any of you WICHE people know if being denied WICHE to one school means it being denied to all?
Yes if you do not get WICHE to one school you do not get WICHE to any schools. The decision was released about 2 weeks ago actually. No WICHE for me either

I think last year's thread talked about this. From what I understand, if there are spots left over to fill the committee goes back to the wait-listed students and reevaluates them to find the best candidate for the specific spot they have open.
Yes that is what they told me when I asked how the process works.

The email said:
"We do not have a ranked list for any of our alternate lists. Rather, in the event that a seat becomes vacant, the committee will confer and bring up a name that they feel will best fill the opening."

So....haha whatever that means.

Hey guys, I've lurked on this thread for a while but just wanted to say I was accepted OOS but will be declining the offer. So that wait list will move at least one spot!!

OOS alternate. Seems to be a theme for me! I will be declining an alternate position if offered one, so hopefully that opens a spot up for someone.

Good luck to everyone!

Wow, that's late! Do you remember who was on your interview committee?

Yes Dr. Noh, Dr. Wardrop and Dr. Fuller. Letter was dated the 9th, arrived on the 18th. Not sure how it took over a week for it to get to me. Everything else last year and this year arrived two days after it was mailed. Suspect maybe it wasn't mailed the day it was printed or maybe it got on the wrong ferry and went to a different island like the lost tourists in the summer.

Had my file review today! If anyone's on the fence about doing one, I think it's worth it. It was very conversational and some of the comments about what to improve/what was solid were unexpected.

I'm feeling really good about my first try. And I'm familiar with the process now - I have a better idea of what WSU wants to see on VMCAS (hint: EVERYTHING you've ever done EVER), I know what parts of my application to work on, and I have a list of priorities to tackle this summer. When I started this cycle I didn't want to apply again, but I know I'll be a better applicant this September than I was last year.

Had my file review today! If anyone's on the fence about doing one, I think it's worth it. It was very conversational and some of the comments about what to improve/what was solid were unexpected.

I'm feeling really good about my first try. And I'm familiar with the process now - I have a better idea of what WSU wants to see on VMCAS (hint: EVERYTHING you've ever done EVER), I know what parts of my application to work on, and I have a list of priorities to tackle this summer. When I started this cycle I didn't want to apply again, but I know I'll be a better applicant this September than I was last year.
That's awesome. Can you do a file review as an alternate? Did they contact you about it or is it something you arrange for yourself?

That's awesome. Can you do a file review as an alternate? Did they contact you about it or is it something you arrange for yourself?

Yes, alternates can do it! My rejection letter mentioned it, and I emailed Barbara to set it up.