Washington State c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yay, more WSU people!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
And so the supplemental is due and everything is done for Wazzou!! Now the real waiting game begins....

And so the supplemental is due and everything is done for Wazzou!! Now the real waiting game begins....

Dun dun dun . . . (dramatic music here)

I should just ignore all my application materials for a while. I keep realizing how stupid my essays sound and how such-and-such would have been a much better answer. Blah.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I did the same thing! I was finished with the supplemental for like a month before I submitted, because I kept going to read over my answers and would go, "oh god, I sound like an idiot," and not submit.

I had my sister (who has and will tell you when you actually sound like an idiot) read over all my statements, and she thought they sounded fine, so maybe there is hope for me yet :laugh:

I have a bad habit of skipping words when I write, so hopefully I didn't fail too bad with that.

At my job, I have to sit my front desk from 9-12 and I definitely just spent about 15 or 20 minutes checking out how far of a drive Wazzou is from me and how I will organize my interview trips if I get them.

Dun dun dun . . . (dramatic music here)

I should just ignore all my application materials for a while. I keep realizing how stupid my essays sound and how such-and-such would have been a much better answer. Blah.
Anything that has already been submitted should be (figuratively) locked away at this point. Don't even think about looking at 'em. It's all out of your hands now, at least until interview time. Should be a giant weight off your shoulders :)

Reactions: 1 users
The four credit course through WSU includes a lab, and you don't need to have all courses completed when applying, so it should be fine to take the lab in the spring. Just make sure to list it on your prerequisites page for their supplemental so they know you plan to take it. I'd email admissions too just to be sure! They've always been super quick with their responses when I've emailed them.
Update to the prereq problem--you were not even kidding when you said they were super quick! I finally sent admissions an email around 11pm, asking if it could be noted that I do plan on taking the missing Lab credit this spring since I didn't enter that before submitting the app. Just checked my email now to find a response...they had replied literally 5 minutes after I sent, wow! She said it will be noted in the app and won't affect me in the way of prereqs. :)

Everyone be sure to post when you start to hear back from schools!!!! Good luck!!!! Getting so close now!

Did you guys see the date changes?

(from WSU dates/deadlines page)

November
  • November 18 - 19, 2016 - Montana Interviews (Subject to Change)
January
  • January 20 - 21, 2016 - Utah Interviews (Subject to Change)
  • January 25 - 29, 2016 - Non-Resident Interviews (Subject to Change)
February
  • February 1 - 3, 2016 - Washington and Idaho Interviews (Subject to Change)

I expect this means we won't hear until December-ish. :( So much waiting . . .

WHAT

I'm sad. I thought there was a chance they might push interviews back to the mid January for IS/Idaho peeps, and everyone else back to so the schedule was more like it has been in past years.

But putting IS/Idaho last? And pushing them two whole months back?Definitely didn't see that coming.

Bummer. They must have changed these super recently. A week or so ago they definitely were still on the Nov 30/Dec 1 for IS/Idaho.

Members don't see this ad :)
The good news is, IS/Idaho will probably hear back about acceptances in a weekish after interviews like in the past? With interviews in early Dec, they probably would have had to wait for Fall grades to be finalized and submitted before any decisions, so it we probably wouldn't have heard till early January. Still bummed though.

WHAT

I'm sad. I thought there was a chance they might push interviews back to the mid January for IS/Idaho peeps, and everyone else back to so the schedule was more like it has been in past years.

But putting IS/Idaho last? And pushing them two whole months back?Definitely didn't see that coming.

Bummer. They must have changed these super recently. A week or so ago they definitely were still on the Nov 30/Dec 1 for IS/Idaho.

Moral of the story: be a Montana resident. They go first. :)

The good news is, IS/Idaho will probably hear back about acceptances in a weekish after interviews like in the past? With interviews in early Dec, they probably would have had to wait for Fall grades to be finalized and submitted before any decisions, so it we probably wouldn't have heard till early January. Still bummed though.

I'm so impatient to know whether I'll have an interview or not. I know patience is good and all that, but man, it's hard.

I have kept myself from checking my status every day. So that's good. ;)

I'm so impatient to know whether I'll have an interview or not. I know patience is good and all that, but man, it's hard.

Same. I know once interview invites go out, if I get one I'll be super impatient for the interview itself to be here, but I just want to know!

:laugh: I've been having to do the same. So far I've been good about checking only once a week (which is still ridiculous since I know we'll get an email if anything changes..), but I know as it gets closer to when interviews get sent out I'll be checking it more.

You're already doing better than I am then! I'm compulsive about it

• January 25 - 29, 2016 - Non-Resident Interviews (Subject to Change)

I will have a very busy last two weeks of January if I get interviews everywhere. Washington isn't very high on my potential list because I'm a little lower on their stats. But you never know!

January 25 - 29, 2016 - Non-Resident Interviews (Subject to Change)
tumblr_inline_n8krqtxVyV1r8arux.gif

If the OOS interviews are going to be at the end of January now, does anyone have an idea of when the interview invites will be sent out? Keeping my fingers crossed for both an invite and enough time to buy plane tickets that aren't ridiculously expensive! :p

IS interviews use to be at that time, and they sent out invites around Thanksgiving. Probably will be similar for OOS this year!

IS interviews use to be at that time, and they sent out invites around Thanksgiving. Probably will be similar for OOS this year!
Thank you! That's much earlier than I anticipated, actually!

In previous years, invites went out from Thanksgiving to mid December.

So, definitely went to add these dates to my "Interview" board in my office....... and these dates were already written down. The blonde is strong in me right now.....

So, definitely went to add these dates to my "Interview" board in my office....... and these dates were already written down. The blonde is strong in me right now.....

Hey now, I'm blond :p

I think only the IS dates changed and the others have been the same since like June when they were posted, so that's probably why you had them.

I do the same thing though haha

I'm a natural blonde as well, so I know the feeling. Lol.

During the winter I'm dirty blonde but it turns real bright in the summer. So I must get super ditzy in the summer. Lol

Will they send application updates to us? I know for Iowa State I can physically check my own application status, but it seems I can't do that here.

Will they send application updates to us? I know for Iowa State I can physically check my own application status, but it seems I can't do that here.
The supplemental app should tell you your status when you log on.

Did any of you out-of-stateys apply to both the Pullman and Logan programs?

I just applied to Pullman.

Same here, in-state tuition after two years was too much to pass up. Just curious about what everyone else did! Logan is an absolutely beautiful town, though.

Same here, in-state tuition after two years was too much to pass up. Just curious about what everyone else did! Logan is an absolutely beautiful town, though.

Even better, it's only one year :)

(unless that is something else they've changed this year. In which case, ignore me!)

I have thought of a bright side to IS interviews being pushed back till Feb.

Since interview invites for IS people probably won't be going out till mid December, I should be done with Biochem by the time I hear anything. So if I'm straight rejected this year, I will be free to wallow in self pity for a few days without having to worry about studying. See? There really is a bright side to everything haha

Reactions: 2 users
Even better, it's only one year :)

(unless that is something else they've changed this year. In which case, ignore me!)

You're right, I misread! Even better indeed!

I submitted both my VMCAS and supplemental applications several months ago (last week in july), well before the required dates. I have been checking my supplemental application status, and everything including my VMCAS, supplemental application, and GRE scores were marked as “received” until today - today when I logged in, I noticed my VMCAS application now says “not received”. I am quite concerned about this. The VMCAS website is also down? I'm wondering if these are related or if anyone else is having issues. Help!

I just checked, and mine says this as well now. I turned in my VCMAS in mid August and it's said received since the day after, so I'm assuming this has something to do with VCMAS being down.

I just checked everything - on the supplemental, it now says they received my VMCAS today (it was officially received in September). Something funky with VMCAS - but really, can't say I'm surprised. :rolleyes:

I have thought of a bright side to IS interviews being pushed back till Feb.

Since interview invites for IS people probably won't be going out till mid December, I should be done with Biochem by the time I hear anything. So if I'm straight rejected this year, I will be free to wallow in self pity for a few days without having to worry about studying. See? There really is a bright side to everything haha

OH MY GOSH. If I'm rejected, I can eat sugar cookies and Christmas-themed deliciousness and listen to holiday music and watch movies and forget alllllllllll about vet school because Christmas.

(Actually, if they send out rejections/invites mid-December, chances are it will be during my finals week. So. That would be fun.)