Washington State c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But I haven't even received an invite? Oh well! Hopefully it's an interview!

I'm in my way home now to open it!
Im OOS too! keep us posted :)

Members don't see this ad.

I GOT AN INTERVIEW!

I guess they don't normally interview WICHE students, which is what I am. So basically the letter says "We are very interested in you and think you would do well at our program, however we don't know yet if the state is going to fund you therefore we are offering you an OOS interview. If your state does find you, we will cancel your interview and offer you admission at that point, if they do not, you can interview as an OOS individual and get accepted that way instead."

Reactions: 13 users
That's awesome, congrats Aloha!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats aloha! :claps:That's so awesome! I really hope you get funding!

I got my letter in the mail today. I interview 2/2 in the morning! Maybe I'll meet some of you there :)

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone that got interview invites!! That's awesome!

ALOHA CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you!!!!

I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet, but did get a letter from WICHE I have been approved for scholarship funding today. So maybe I won't have to interview. Figures crossed and good luck to all!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet, but did get a letter from WICHE I have been approved for scholarship funding today. So maybe I won't have to interview. Figures crossed and good luck to all!!!!!!
What WICHE state are you from? My state letter (AZ) only said I was "eligible" but that the number of students funded won't be determined until January. I got that a few weeks ago, then I got the WSU letter today.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm from Arizona. Mine said something similar to that I think too. Didn't read much past the funding part. I just received mine today. It was sent last Tuesday. Maybe my Washington will come soon :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you say you were notified on your portal as well? Or just by mail?
Mail! I know a few other AZ WICHE kids that were notified by mail as well. None of us got any emails.

Aloha, do you know when your interview is? Probably some time in January?

I talked with my adviser last week. He said that from where I am in the Idaho ranking, I'm on the cusp between those who will be accepted and those who will not be. So it's possible. But I have to be one of the 11 best people interviewed. No pressure :rolleyes:.

In my head we are all classmates next year and I love it. :love:

I talked with my adviser last week. He said that from where I am in the Idaho ranking, I'm on the cusp between those who will be accepted and those who will not be. So it's possible. But I have to be one of the 11 best people interviewed. No pressure :rolleyes:.

They rank the Idaho interviewees ahead of time? I thought WSU was big on supposedly not ranking any of the applicants :p this process is weird haha

And I'm sure you'll do great :)

In my head we are all classmates next year and I love it. :love:

This!

What part of Arizona are you in? If you don't mind me asking?

Southern AZ :)

Aloha, do you know when your interview is? Probably some time in January?

Our letter didn't say when our interviews were. The whole letter was extremely awkward and difficult to understand honestly. We were given an email address and told to email it if we did want to interview and be considered as an OOS applicant. If we didn't want to be, they would only look at us as WICHE. So if we didn't get WICHE funding we would be automatically denied admission, but if you do get it you are automatically in. So I emailed the lady saying I did want to interview, but since that was at like 7pm, I won't get a response tonight.

They rank the Idaho interviewees ahead of time? I thought WSU was big on supposedly not ranking any of the applicants :p this process is weird haha

And I'm sure you'll do great :)

This!

I asked my adviser that and he said oh yeah, we're ranked. We're ranked within our tiers, so there are some people who are high tier I, some low, then high tier II, etc . . . and that ranking is a big part of whether you'll be accepted after the interview.

I asked my adviser that and he said oh yeah, we're ranked. We're ranked within our tiers, so there are some people who are high tier I, some low, then high tier II, etc . . . and that ranking is a big part of whether you'll be accepted after the interview.

Eek! I knew the tiers played a big role overall, and that if it came down to two applicants where everything was pretty much equal but one has better academics they'd take that one, etc. but I didn't realize they ranked with in the tiers. Booo :/

Eek! I knew the tiers played a big role overall, and that if it came down to two applicants where everything was pretty much equal but one has better academics they'd take that one, etc. but I didn't realize they ranked with in the tiers. Booo :/

I think this is where the interview becomes important. I think (I hope) you can move up or down depending on how amazingly you interview.

I think this is where the interview becomes important. I think (I hope) you can move up or down depending on how amazingly you interview.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I did know they sort of ranked. My friend who is a third year said that as far as she knew the admissions committee had a pretty good idea of who they wanted to accept prior to interviews. Then those who did well would get an invite, and those that did poorly/came across as not being a good fit for the program where moved down. Same with those who did well that weren't their "top" choices being moved up. So I definitely think you can move up/down depending on your interview!

As glad as I am WSU interviews (since it seems like doing well can make up for any parts of your app that may be lacking?), I sort of wish they didn't so we could just be accepted or not :p

Have any OOS/non-WICHE/non-contract applicants gotten interview invited yet?

Have any OOS/non-WICHE/non-contract applicants gotten interview invited yet?

I haven't heard anything. No email or anything. Although my portal does say that my application is complete and under review.

OOS and I got an e-mail saying they're reviewing my application (which my portal also says). Nothing else.

I'm guessing OOS/non-WICHE should be hearing soon?!?!

@katashark

Have you gotten a wiche letter from wsu?

I have not received a letter from WSU yet. I did receive a letter from WICHE a long while ago, but they just wanted some more paperwork from me. It makes me worried that they snail mailed it out because other mail has not been making it to my house and things I have sent have gotten lost by USPS.

If you haven't received a letter within a week, I would call. Since we are both AZ and everyone else I know is receiving it right about noq

Does anyone know when they start notifying OOS?

Reactions: 4 users
I'm getting so anxious D:
I know. I think it's way too early but I can't stop checking email and the portal. I thought I was doing really good handling all this up until now! :bored:

GUYS, my mom called me today saying she received a letter that I have a piece of "certified mail" at the post office.... Could this be from a vet school?! I can't think of anything else in my life right now that would warrant a certified letter... People that got interview invites - were yours sent via certified mail?

Last edited:
GUYS, my mom called me today saying she received a letter that I have a piece of "certified mail" at the post office.... Could this be from a vet school?! I can't think of anything else in my life right now that would warrant certified mail... People that got interview invites... were yours sent via certified mail?
I dont believe so, but. I haven't gotten anything yet. Most of the time it comes standard.

brb, gonna go stalk the mailman o_O

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how soon we should reply to an interview invite? Since WSU is my first choice, I will definitely attend the interview, but I wasn't sure if I should wait to hear back from any of the other schools I applied to before confirming my WSU interview date. Does it look bad to wait and see if I might have any conflicting interviews?

Congrats to all the other interviewees and good luck to those of you still waiting! :)

My letter invite said to confirm by early January, I don't remember the exact date. I don't know if they'd let you move to one of the other dates though, so even if you have another interview at the same time it might be a moot point.

Non-wiche/OOS peeps---from my stalking of the WSU thread last year, I remember OOS invites going out around two weeks (early December) after IS had been sent out (week before thanksgiving).

IS just went out Friday, so it might be another week or two before you hear :)

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know how soon we should reply to an interview invite? Since WSU is my first choice, I will definitely attend the interview, but I wasn't sure if I should wait to hear back from any of the other schools I applied to before confirming my WSU interview date. Does it look bad to wait and see if I might have any conflicting interviews?

Congrats to all the other interviewees and good luck to those of you still waiting! :)

I would honestly just confirm with them. Schools understand that they all interview within the same weekends so a lot of the schools are pretty cool about letting you switch around interview dates.

I'm in state and got an interview!!! I'm scheduled for Feb. 1st. This is my 3rd time applying to WSU, I got rejection letter the first 2 years (a letter sized envelope is not a good sign) My interview letter came in a large envelope. Has anyone on here gotten an interview from WSU before and not get accepted? I'm just wondering what the chances are that I will get accepted after the interview

I'm in state and got an interview!!! I'm scheduled for Feb. 1st. This is my 3rd time applying to WSU, I got rejection letter the first 2 years (a letter sized envelope is not a good sign) My interview letter came in a large envelope. Has anyone on here gotten an interview from WSU before and not get accepted? I'm just wondering what the chances are that I will get accepted after the interview
Congratulations!!!!

The info about the envelope size is really good to know! Congrats on the invite!!!