Washington State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Flying to Spokane tomorrow! So nervous :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
hey guys, I am having my interview Saturday morning, Jan 11, I am flying from Virginia, and my return flight won't be till Sunday ....so if anyone out of state and will be stuck on his own there the whole day on Saturday like me, hit me up! may be we can venture the city together

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys, I am having my interview Saturday morning, Jan 11, I am flying from Virginia, and my return flight won't be till Sunday ....so if anyone out of state and will be stuck on his own there the whole day on Saturday like me, hit me up! may be we can venture the city together
Unfortunately, I will be heading back the same day. I'm stuck waiting for my connecting flight at the moment.. it's delayed by almost 2 hours. :( Have a safe flight you guys! See you guys there tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately, I will be heading back the same day. I'm stuck waiting for my connecting flight at the moment.. it's delayed by almost 2 hours. :( Have a safe flight you guys! See you guys there tomorrow morning.
Just to make you feel better, I have been stuck waiting for my connecting flight for 8 hours in Denver! But finally just boarded! Be safe and see you tomorrow !

Just to make you feel better, I have been stuck waiting for my connecting flight for 8 hours in Denver! But finally just boarded! Be safe and see you tomorrow !
Wow I am so sorry! That sounds awful, but glad you finally got on.

Well, got on but haven't flown yet, wait till we take off cos I am not trusting anything to happen today :|
Haha well hopefully nothing else happens! Why did you have such a long delay?

Haha well hopefully nothing else happens! Why did you have such a long delay?
Yay we will be flying in a minute! My connecting flight from Chicago arrived late, so I missed my flight from Denver :(

Yay we will be flying in a minute! My connecting flight from Chicago arrived late, so I missed my flight from Denver :(
Aww well have a safe flight! My flight is delayed because another plane is delayed and they want to wait for them since this is the last flight to Spokane.

Reactions: 1 user
Flew 6 hours from Austin to Spokane. Having an interview tomorrow early morning and I'm excited/nervous.
I hope they tell me their decision the day after I don't want to wait a month !

Flew 6 hours from Austin to Spokane. Having an interview tomorrow early morning and I'm excited/nervous.
I hope they tell me their decision the day after I don't want to wait a month !
See you there in the morning! :)

my interview is saturday afternooon and i'm leaving sunday - i'd be down to explore the city!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everybody interviewing today! Facebook page for our class is posted in this thread around the December 6th posts.

interviewed today and got accepted :) hope everyone interviewed today was accepted as well, very nice people I met today

interviewed today and got accepted :) hope everyone interviewed today was accepted as well, very nice people I met today
Congratulations!! When did you find out? During your interview? Or after? I wasn't told anything.. Not giving up though..

thank you!!! after the interview....I was handed the acceptance letter by one of the alumni..... but listen , don't give up, not everyone gets accepted on the same day of interview...that's what they told me......and i don't think they told me that just to make me feel special

thank you!!! after the interview....I was handed the acceptance letter by one of the alumni..... but listen , don't give up, not everyone gets accepted on the same day of interview...that's what they told me......and i don't think they told me that just to make me feel special
On Okay, thank you! I'll keep praying. Was WSU your first choice? I'm heading out now at the airport.

Congratulations, nopainogain!

People who got accepted or got invited to the interview, do you guys mind sharing your stats and the date the application was submitted? I'm anxiously waiting for the February interview invitation :( Has anybody submitted the application around late November heard anything from the school yet?

People who got accepted or got invited to the interview, do you guys mind sharing your stats and the date the application was submitted? I'm anxiously waiting for the February interview invitation :( Has anybody submitted the application around late November heard anything from the school yet?
Have you heard anything at all? Have they said they recieved your app? Did they do your prereq eval yet? You will see those emails before hou get an interview invite. If you haven't, maybe call them to make sure they have everything. I submitted begining if November and interviewed Dec 6th.

Have you heard anything at all? Have they said they recieved your app? Did they do your prereq eval yet? You will see those emails before hou get an interview invite. If you haven't, maybe call them to make sure they have everything. I submitted begining if November and interviewed Dec 6th.

I submitted my PharmCAS application back in September and the school emailed me twice asking me to submit their supplemental app. The only email that I received after I submitted my supplemental in November was the supplemental app receipt. Do they send out an email when they complete the prereq evaluation? It shows on my PharmCAS account that they've already completed my prereq eval. I know the last interview is on 2/7 and it's already mid-January now. I'm wondering if the school has already finished sending out the last interview invites or not..

I submitted pharmcas in October. I submitted supplemental November 29th. They verified my application on December 4th. Received interview invite on December 5th. January 12th interview and immediate acceptance! I feel very lucky!

Don't give up if you haven't heard back!

Interview was very laid back, don't stress! Everyone was super nice and friendly!

I submitted pharmcas in October. I submitted supplemental November 29th. They verified my application on December 4th. Received interview invite on December 5th. January 12th interview and immediate acceptance! I feel very lucky!

Don't give up if you haven't heard back!

Interview was very laid back, don't stress! Everyone was super nice and friendly!

Thank you for the info! So you had the interview today and got accepted right away? Congratulations!!

Thank you for the info! So you had the interview today and got accepted right away? Congratulations!!

Yes accepted right away. Not everyone does and don't give up if you're not! Keep faith.

I submitted my PharmCAS application back in September and the school emailed me twice asking me to submit their supplemental app. The only email that I received after I submitted my supplemental in November was the supplemental app receipt. Do they send out an email when they complete the prereq evaluation? It shows on my PharmCAS account that they've already completed my prereq eval. I know the last interview is on 2/7 and it's already mid-January now. I'm wondering if the school has already finished sending out the last interview invites or not..
My pharmcas never updated for wsu. It says they never did my prereq eval but they did and emailed me about it. You should contact them on Monday. They did extend the application deadline to Jan 6th so they may implement another interview date as well. What are you stats? I'd you don't mind sharing. They don't take pcat into consideration, except for the writing score.

Accepted at the interview! :) Looks like I'm going to be a Coug!!

On Okay, thank you! I'll keep praying. Was WSU your first choice? I'm heading out now at the airport.
Hope you made it home safe! WSU is my first choice so far among the 3 schools I interviewed at, I fell in love with it!....unless I get an interview and get accepted at another highly ranked school, i think I will be attending WSU. But this probably won't happen because WSU is just awesome!

Thanks Allez2014. I submitted my PharmCAS app Sep 30 and the supplemental application a week later. My PCAT composite is 45 and GPA is 3.3

I interviewed on the 11th and was accepted that day.

I submitted my application right before Thanksgiving. My PCAT composite was a 95, GPA 3.74.
Don't lose hope...there's still one interview date left! :)

Hope you made it home safe! WSU is my first choice so far among the 3 schools I interviewed at, I fell in love with it!....unless I get an interview and get accepted at another highly ranked school, i think I will be attending WSU. But this probably won't happen because WSU is just awesome!
I did get back safely, home safe and warm! WSU is also a first choice of mine, so I will be hoping for the best. I definitely feel that my nervousness made it more difficult for them to get to know me better.. but I'll keep hoping for the best. At least you don't have to play the waiting game any longer, I feel like I'm going to get white hairs with all this anticipation, haha.

Thanks Allez2014. I submitted my PharmCAS app Sep 30 and the supplemental application a week later. My PCAT composite is 45 and GPA is 3.3

If you don't mind me asking, do you have your bachelors and are your pre-reqs completed? And do you have pharmacy experience? I'm just trying to understand what WSU is looking for in their decision to accept students, especially same day as interview acceptance. Thanks.

If you don't mind me asking, do you have your bachelors and are your pre-reqs completed? And do you have pharmacy experience? I'm just trying to understand what WSU is looking for in their decision to accept students, especially same day as interview acceptance. Thanks.
I don't have my bachelors, my prereqs are not completed, still have to take a class of orgo, phiosophy and biochemistry and I don't have any pharmacy experience lol I don't even know why they accepted me.....but I did super good in the interview, the two ladies who interviewed me were probably more nervous than I was lol and I asked them more questions than they did ask me.

I did get back safely, home safe and warm! WSU is also a first choice of mine, so I will be hoping for the best. I definitely feel that my nervousness made it more difficult for them to get to know me better.. but I'll keep hoping for the best. At least you don't have to play the waiting game any longer, I feel like I'm going to get white hairs with all this anticipation, haha.
hopefully you will hear the good news very soon, let us know!

I don't have my bachelors, my prereqs are not completed, still have to take a class of orgo, phiosophy and biochemistry and I don't have any pharmacy experience lol I don't even know why they accepted me.....but I did super good in the interview, the two ladies who interviewed me were probably more nervous than I was lol and I asked them more questions than they did ask me.

Wow so you must have scored perfect on the interview. Congrats. I had an old man and one male student interview me. They both seemed really chill and I asked a ton of questions also. But my interview was cut short because someone knocked on the door, and all 3 of us assumed it was over so my last question wasn't fully answered. The male student said I did great as he walked me out and said I had nothing to worry about. I interviewed on 12/6 and still haven't heard anything. I'm starting to get worried to be honest because I have decent stats plus 3 years of pharmacy experience.

Wow so you must have scored perfect on the interview. Congrats. I had an old man and one male student interview me. They both seemed really chill and I asked a ton of questions also. But my interview was cut short because someone knocked on the door, and all 3 of us assumed it was over so my last question wasn't fully answered. The male student said I did great as he walked me out and said I had nothing to worry about. I interviewed on 12/6 and still haven't heard anything. I'm starting to get worried to be honest because I have decent stats plus 3 years of pharmacy experience.
Thanks! haha it's funny because someone knocked on the door during my interview too and I heard the same from 2 or 3 other students. they must do it on purpose. what's your stats?

Thanks! haha it's funny because someone knocked on the door during my interview too and I heard the same from 2 or 3 other students. they must do it on purpose. what's your stats?
68 composite PCAT, 3.4 gpa for pre-reqs, 3.1 overall gpa (I have a 0.7 in one class because I had surgery and missed a final, re taking it this quarter) so my overall gpa should increase a little. 3 years as a pharmacy assistant. 80 hours of volunteering and counting. No degree.

I guess I didn't completely blow them away during the interview but I thought I answered my questions well and asked a lot of important questions.

They did say they would get back to everybody by the end of February. There is still lots of time. Hopefully you all will get good news very soon!

They did say they would get back to everybody by the end of February. There is still lots of time. Hopefully you all will get good news very soon!

When we had a group discussion at the beginning of the interview process, a lady ( I forgot her name) said that people might get accepted the same day but the rest would hear back within the first 2 weeks of January. So I'm getting pretty worried lol but if its not till the end of February then I still have hope. Thanks for the support guys I will keep my fingers crossed.

When we had a group discussion at the beginning of the interview process, a lady ( I forgot her name) said that people might get accepted the same day but the rest would hear back within the first 2 weeks of January. So I'm getting pretty worried lol but if its not till the end of February then I still have hope. Thanks for the support guys I will keep my fingers crossed.
Hey I was at the same interview, who were you if you don't mind saying?

Hey I was at the same interview, who were you if you don't mind saying?

I was scheduled at 12:30 pm. I'm tall, dark skin, had a goatee, wore a black suit with a dark red tie and glasses. I didn't get a chance to talk to many people so I doubt you remember me lol.

I was scheduled at 12:30 pm. I'm tall, dark skin, had a goatee, wore a black suit with a dark red tie and glasses. I didn't get a chance to talk to many people so I doubt you remember me lol.
Oh my interview session started at 230. I didn't know they had two sessions that day.

Oh my interview session started at 230. I didn't know they had two sessions that day.
Mine was at 10:30. I think they had them going every two hours. I saw multiple groups around throughout the day!

99% PCAT composite, 3.1 cumulative GPA, 3.7 post-bac GPA, all prereqs over 10 years old, BS in biochemistry, current volunteer at the animal shelter and church, and 12 years experience working in healthcare (7 years as pharmacy tech in oncology, ambulatory, inpatient, retail and the last 5 years managing oncology and supportive care clinical trials). I also submitted my research poster to the 2013 American Society of Consultant Pharmacists Seattle meeting and won!

Don't worry you will get an interview! Once you do just be yourself! Laugh, smile, joke... =)

I just got an interview invite for feb 7! Is that really the last interview day and does anyone know how many seats are left? I'm from California and my stats are 2.9 gpa with a bachelors degree, 85 composite, pharmacy volunteer for a little less than a year and just hired as a pharm tech with a license.

Hi everyone!
Congrats on all of your interviews and acceptances!
If you haven't heard anything yet don't give up! Some people don't hear back until a couple months later...
I'm a current PY1 and am happy to answer any questions you might have.

Good luck!
:)

Hello,
I submitted my pharmcas and supplemental around 12/30 and my pre-reqs were evaluated by WSU on 1/8 but I haven't heard about an interview back yet... Does anyone know if people are still being offered interviews this late before the 2/7 interview slot?

Hello,
I submitted my pharmcas and supplemental around 12/30 and my pre-reqs were evaluated by WSU on 1/8 but I haven't heard about an interview back yet... Does anyone know if people are still being offered interviews this late before the 2/7 interview slot?

I'm in a similar situation to you. I submitted my application late november and my prereqs weren't evaluated until 1/8 as well. Haven't heard anything and was wondering the same thing.

My friend who applied before the original December deadline who's been on the dean's list for two years and has really good other stats hasn't heard back either... I also heard that they're going to be done reviewing all applications by the end of this week. If people are rejected for an interview, do they still review applications for this long without getting back to them?...

My friend who applied before the original December deadline who's been on the dean's list for two years and has really good other stats hasn't heard back either... I also heard that they're going to be done reviewing all applications by the end of this week. If people are rejected for an interview, do they still review applications for this long without getting back to them?...

Hmmm I would call the office and ask them. I submitted my app a day after you did and my numbers aren't the prettiest, which leads me to believe that my LORs and essay are what saved me. Don't give up just yet! If the adcom did not contact you, it must mean that you're still under review. Hopefully you kept your options broad and applied to many other schools as backups.