Washington State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an interview on Feb 7th I'm so nervous yet excited. Is anyone else going to be there?

Members don't see this ad.

My friend who applied before the original December deadline who's been on the dean's list for two years and has really good other stats hasn't heard back either... I also heard that they're going to be done reviewing all applications by the end of this week. If people are rejected for an interview, do they still review applications for this long without getting back to them?...

The college has been really busy with our move into the new building... A lot of things have been set back. With that said, there's usually another interview date in March scheduled if they haven't interviewed enough candidates. Don't give up just yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
The college has been really busy with our move into the new building... A lot of things have been set back. With that said, there's usually another interview date in March scheduled if they haven't interviewed enough candidates. Don't give up just yet!
Thanks, Dreaming PharmD, I really hope there will be some sort of news soon as WSU is my first choice and I live in Washington... Out of state tuition is too much...

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all! I submitted my supplemental app early December, and I received a notification from the third party that it had been submitted and my payment was processed. Did any of you receive additional notifications from WSU itself about them getting it? I'm worried because I've heard nothing else, I will probably call on Monday to find out, but I'm afraid that waiting for this may have hurt my chances. Just nervous is all. But congratulations to everyone invited, and to everyone accepted!

Thanks, Dreaming PharmD, I really hope there will be some sort of news soon as WSU is my first choice and I live in Washington... Out of state tuition is too much...
I know exactly what you mean. You will hear something soon.

man.. still no response... should i jst take this as a rejection? lol

Give the student services office a call! I only got to voicemail yesterday when I wanted to check on my app status, but I left a message. Then later on in the day I received a confirmation email which said they were reviewing my app. That was a notification I hadn't received before. Better to check than not I say!

I have committed to WSU and have started looking for a place to live. I am wondering if anyone is looking for a roommate to house with?? I would like to find a roommate soon so that I can secure a good place before there is a rush. Please let me know if your interested. Female roommates only please! Please contact me :) Thanks!

I have committed to WSU and have started looking for a place to live. I am wondering if anyone is looking for a roommate to house with?? I would like to find a roommate soon so that I can secure a good place before there is a rush. Please let me know if your interested. Female roommates only please! Please contact me :) Thanks!

You may not be able to secure a place until June/July. I visited here in Spokane around March last year hoping the apartments would have an idea of whether they will have an availability starting August but almost all places said they can't guarantee until Mid-June or July.
You can look for ideal places and keep in touch with the apartment so they are aware of your interest though!

Oh and welcome to the family :)

You may not be able to secure a place until June/July. I visited here in Spokane around March last year hoping the apartments would have an idea of whether they will have an availability starting August but almost all places said they can't guarantee until Mid-June or July.
You can look for ideal places and keep in touch with the apartment so they are aware of your interest though!

Yeah I understand that many places won't be available until much later but I just wanted to at least find a roommate in the mean time :) Thank you! Im excited to start in August! Needs to hurry.

Don't you mean pharmily? ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I understand that many places won't be available until much later but I just wanted to at least find a roommate in the mean time :) Thank you! Im excited to start in August! Needs to hurry.
I would join the c/o 2018 fb page and find a roomie there!

I would definitely give them a call just in case and leave a message. Like I've said, they've been really busy but they are trying to make sure every worthy candidate is given a chance!

Has anyone heard back that wasn't accepted same day as interview?

I would definitely give them a call just in case and leave a message. Like I've said, they've been really busy but they are trying to make sure every worthy candidate is given a chance!
Is it true that everybody pays in state tuition after the first year? I am out of state and wanted to know

Is it true that everybody pays in state tuition after the first year? I am out of state and wanted to know

I'm in-state so not sure about the whole process and requirements, but I believe you can apply for state residency after 12 months.

They work with oos from day one to get everybody in state tuition after 1st year. At least that is what they said at the interview

Not everybody pays in state tuition automatically after the 1st year. You have to go through paperwork to declare/prove residency in the state of Washington. That paperwork needs to be sent to WSU Pullman's campus around april/may during your 1st year , which is when they determine if you are eligible for in state tuition for your PY2. Hope that helps! Message me if you have any questions!

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. It's been great to read all of your advice and encouragement. My interview is tomorrow at 12:30 and I'm hoping the weather clears up a bit! As little of an icy road as possible would be nice. Is anyone else going to be there tomorrow at 12:30?

Also I had heard from someone who interviewed a couple years ago that the interviewers at WSU haven't read your essays or personal information before the interview (he said this in contradiction to UW, which knows every little detail before your interview). Did anyone else who interviewed get this feeling? Would it be safe to assume that they don't know anything about you and be very introductory when talking about yourself? Or did most of you feel like they knew something about you and you could draw off the things that you had written, knowing they had already read them. Weird question but it'd be nice to know what you all thought about it!

Hoping to join the class of 2018! Cheers!

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. It's been great to read all of your advice and encouragement. My interview is tomorrow at 12:30 and I'm hoping the weather clears up a bit! As little of an icy road as possible would be nice. Is anyone else going to be there tomorrow at 12:30?

Also I had heard from someone who interviewed a couple years ago that the interviewers at WSU haven't read your essays or personal information before the interview (he said this in contradiction to UW, which knows every little detail before your interview). Did anyone else who interviewed get this feeling? Would it be safe to assume that they don't know anything about you and be very introductory when talking about yourself? Or did most of you feel like they knew something about you and you could draw off the things that you had written, knowing they had already read them. Weird question but it'd be nice to know what you all thought about it!

They say at the beginning of the interview portion about it being open or closed file. We are not supposed to talk about the interview so that is all I will say. There is really nothing to stress about. Their interview is really lax and they make you feel comfortable being yourself

Thank you! I will take that advice and be as cool as the other side of the pillow tomorrow. Can't wait!

I interviewed Jan 11th but have not heard anything back? Should I call them and ask if they made a decision or just wait?

I interviewed Jan 11th but have not heard anything back? Should I call them and ask if they made a decision or just wait?

I interviewed 12/6 and haven't heard anything. I emailed admissions and they gave me a number to call the academic coordinator to get a better idea but I'm kinda scared to call. I don't want to sound desperate lol.

Hey! My interview is at 1:30.. I've only heard very positive things about the WSU interviewers so you shouldn't worry too much.

It's SUPER cold here right now.. be careful of the ice patches on the road/sidewalk!

At my interview in December I remember them saying all decisions would be made by the end of February. Tomorrow is the last interview date. I would guess that over the next couple weeks everybody hears back

At my interview in December I remember them saying all decisions would be made by the end of February. Tomorrow is the last interview date. I would guess that over the next couple weeks everybody hears back
Yea they said that. I interviewed in Dec too and I have not heard anything back yet. It has been a month : / the waiting is a bit painful

just out of curiosity, was anyone accepted on the spot at the interview yesterday?

Has anyone who has gotten the "Washington State University Network ID" email actually set their zzusis thing up yet? I don't have a WSU network ID so I need to call them and sort it out, I've just been putting it off. :whistle:

Has anyone who has gotten the "Washington State University Network ID" email actually set their zzusis thing up yet? I don't have a WSU network ID so I need to call them and sort it out, I've just been putting it off. :whistle:

I just got mine this week. You get the email about 2 weeks after sending in your deposit

just out of curiosity, was anyone accepted on the spot at the interview yesterday?

I'm happy to say that I was! The interview was super chill like everyone said, so thank you all for that. I was able to have a good time at the interview and enjoyed talking with all of the faculty and staff that was there. Those of you who have already accepted, I'll see you in August! Cheers!

I'm happy to say that I was! The interview was super chill like everyone said, so thank you all for that. I was able to have a good time at the interview and enjoyed talking with all of the faculty and staff that was there. Those of you who have already accepted, I'll see you in August! Cheers!
Join the Facebook group when you are sure you are going to wsu! Called Washington State University College of Pharmacy Class of 2018

Last edited:
@krn127

Would you mind sharing what time you interviewed and what your stats are? Also, were you one of the last few people to talk to the alumni? I also interviewed Friday, I really liked the school and their up to date facilities.

Do you know when they will get back to you after the interview, for those who did not get accepted on the day of interviewing? I had mine on last Friday and I am getting very anxious.

Do you know when they will get back to you after the interview, for those who did not get accepted on the day of interviewing? I had mine on last Friday and I am getting very anxious.

We should hear back by the end of this month most likely. I know how you feel I've been checking my email like 10 times a day for the past 2 months lol. Hopefully we will hear good news soon :)

@krn127

Would you mind sharing what time you interviewed and what your stats are? Also, were you one of the last few people to talk to the alumni? I also interviewed Friday, I really liked the school and their up to date facilities.

I was in the 12:30 group, and yes, I was either second to last or last to talk to the alumni. 95 PCAT composite, 3.6 GPA. Still a couple prereqs left to do. I also liked the up to date facilities, some of which we might be the first to use, which is awesome!

^^congrats on the acceptance!

For those of you who were accepted (but not immediately), how long did it take for the school to get back to you?

I've never checked my inbox so intently in my life! I thought the faculty and interviewers were very friendly and I loved the school itself, but I was still pretty darn nervous :(

I was reading threads from last year, some found out at the end of this month, some around Feb 12 - 15. So there's still time. Just keep our fingers crossed :)

Reactions: 1 users
I was reading threads from last year, some found out at the end of this month, some around Feb 12 - 15. So there's still time. Just keep our fingers crossed :)

Yeah, it hasn't even been a full week since my interview; I really need to chill out! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for us! :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

LOL its been 2 months of constantly checking my email for me I think I have ulcers :sour:

Finally got accepted after 2 month wait :)

Just got accepted today! And weirdly enough, received an invitation for interview from UW an hour afterward. WSU is my top choice now but I'll see how UW look.

Congrats to those who got accepted! Could you please tell me when was your interview?

Got my acceptance e-mail yesterday! I interviewed on Jan. 11
I'll be declining my offer so there'll be another open spot for those of you who are still waiting to hear back!
Good luck :horns:

Congrats to those who got accepted! Could you please tell me when was your interview?
I also interviewed in December. I was freaking out after not hearing back by the end of Jan since they promised to reply by then but I guess they delayed the process.