Washington state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eskyesther

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone applied to this school and got an interview for 12/1? I didn't see s thread for this school yet

Members don't see this ad.

I just received my invite! So excited and nervous! :D:xf:

YEAH! I will see you on 12/01 then! Where are you coming from? I am flying from CA

Members don't see this ad :)
i'll be flying in from Seattle! my flight lands at 9am..... hope 30 mins will be enough for me to get to school. i heard it only takes about 10-15 mins from airport?

I just withdraw my application because I got accetped into Pacific University! So good luck!!

Is anyone else applying here?? I wonder how long it takes them to either get an invite or a rejection...does anyone know?

I received an invite a week after receiving "coursework eval completed". I personally don't know anyone applying to WSU this year so not sure if it is a general trend or not

I received an invite a week after receiving "coursework eval completed". I personally don't know anyone applying to WSU this year so not sure if it is a general trend or not

That's definitely good news congrats! I just submitted my pharmcas two weeks ago. trying to see if they have a supplemental application. This is one of my top picked school so hopefully i get an invite. cross fingers. :xf:

I applied to WSU for early acceptance. Got my Pharmcas stuff in two days before it was due and had my interview scheduled two weeks before the interview date. Interviewed and was accepted on 10/5. Good luck to you guys and Go Cougs!

I applied to WSU for early acceptance. Got my Pharmcas stuff in two days before it was due and had my interview scheduled two weeks before the interview date. Interviewed and was accepted on 10/5. Good luck to you guys and Go Cougs!

ah CONGRATS! Do you mind sharing your stats?

i'll be flying in from Seattle! my flight lands at 9am..... hope 30 mins will be enough for me to get to school. i heard it only takes about 10-15 mins from airport?

Isn't the interview in Spokane? And isn't that on the other side of the state?

I'm curious to hear your stats too, if you don't mind sharing. In general to do schools give much favor to applicants who do early acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't the interview in Spokane? And isn't that on the other side of the state?

Yes it is! It is only an hour flight. If you are wondering why didn't I save money and just drive there, because it was early in the morning and I didn't want to risk being lost or something like that, plus it is about 4-5 hours drive ;)

Last edited:

I wondered if many people from early admission got accepted! I was nervous before my interview thinking there's probably few less spots because of early acceptances haha
No need to worry now :)I'm guessing I'll probably meet you in Aug if nothing changes!

Last edited:
I submitted my PharmCAS on November 19th and two days later, on the 21st, i received an email from WSU saying that they wanted me to fill out their supplemental before the deadline. Then on the 23rd, I received another email from WSU in which they said, "We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your Washington State University College of Pharmacy Supplemental Application..." did this happen to other people too?

I got an interview to this school and an acceptance last cycle, but I turned down my acceptance to go elsewhere. The school's staff is plenty nice. Good luck to you all.

I sent my pharmcas the same day you did and i haven't received anything from WSU. Is pharmcas already done verifying your application? it is taking forever!!

I submitted my PharmCAS on November 19th and two days later, on the 21st, i received an email from WSU saying that they wanted me to fill out their supplemental before the deadline. Then on the 23rd, I received another email from WSU in which they said, "We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your Washington State University College of Pharmacy Supplemental Application..." did this happen to other people too?

Not yet! It takes about 4 weeks for it to get verified, so it should happen this week. But you never got the emails I got? Hmm thats weird.. Did anybody else get those emails? I wonder why Im the only one...

maybe call and ask??

Not yet! It takes about 4 weeks for it to get verified, so it should happen this week. But you never got the emails I got? Hmm thats weird.. Did anybody else get those emails? I wonder why Im the only one...

Sorry about not getting back in here sooner, work and life have kind of taken over. As far as my stats, I have a BA in Management Information Systems from 2004. Worked in IT for a few years and decided that I'd rather do Pharmacy so I went back and finished my prereq's. My overall GPA is 3.32, but Pharmcas calculated it as a 2.98, because I've retaken classes that I didn't get great grades in. So since it was below a 3.0 I had to write a supplemental letter stating why I was a good candidate. My PCAT score was 88th percentile composite and 99th percentile in chemistry. I had awesome letters of recommendation I'll admit, all three of mine were WSU grads (2 Pharmacists and 1 was my A&P prof), and I do well in interviews.

Congrats! Do you mind sharing details on how the interview went?

Who is coming to Spokane on 1/12/13 for interviews?!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Who is coming to Spokane on 1/12/13 for interviews?!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Got admitted right after the interview.
The alumni at the end of the interviews gave me my letter of acceptance. :)
Good luck everyone! :) Best wishes.

Got admitted right after the interview.
The alumni at the end of the interviews gave me my letter of acceptance. :)
Good luck everyone! :) Best wishes.

Congrats! I didn't interview you, did I? :D
Best of luck to everyone who did interview this past weekend. WSU is a good school and I hope you'll consider!:thumbup::thumbup::naughty:

Hey guys!

I had an interview 1/12 and on Saturday I received a letter in the mail. The letter is super sweet but very confusing?!? It's a motivating letter from a second year pharmd student in the program. It's starts out with a "congratulations.." But it's mainly talkin about her journey. Is this a letter that's send out to every body? Is it an acceptance?? Or is it a congratulations for having an interview???

I interview February 8th. What can I expect as far as the interview and the rest of the day? Help is appreciated.

Hey! Also going in for an interview on 2/8. Pretty nervous but more excited than anything! Any tips on prepping for what's to come?

Hey guys!

I had an interview 1/12 and on Saturday I received a letter in the mail. The letter is super sweet but very confusing?!? It's a motivating letter from a second year pharmd student in the program. It's starts out with a "congratulations.." But it's mainly talkin about her journey. Is this a letter that's send out to every body? Is it an acceptance?? Or is it a congratulations for having an interview???

Hey I got that weird letter too... I think they're just trying to be encouraging and if we happen to get accepted they want us to take it...

Hey I got that weird letter too... I think they're just trying to be encouraging and if we happen to get accepted they want us to take it...

I received that letter in the mail as well. I am fairly sure its just some friendly encouragement from a current student congratulating you on reaching the interview stage. I was notified of acceptance separately in an email.

I received that letter in the mail as well. I am fairly sure its just some friendly encouragement from a current student congratulating you on reaching the interview stage. I was notified of acceptance separately in an email.
Yes y'all it is a letter from a student congratulating you on getting this far. Keep faith, if you were confident in your interview, I'm sure you'll get in! BTW admissions is backed up, so don't stress too much...

I just received an e-mail yesterday notifying me that I am officially accepted into the Pharmacy Program for Class of 2017. PERFECT VALENTINE'S DAY GIFT! I interviewed on December 1st so just letting all of you know there is still hope for you! Good luck everyone! By the way I'm considering making a Facebook group page so all of us who are accepted can get to know each other before school even starts. Let me know what you guys and girls think about that.

I just received an e-mail yesterday notifying me that I am officially accepted into the Pharmacy Program for Class of 2017. PERFECT VALENTINE'S DAY GIFT! I interviewed on December 1st so just letting all of you know there is still hope for you! Good luck everyone! By the way I'm considering making a Facebook group page so all of us who are accepted can get to know each other before school even starts. Let me know what you guys and girls think about that.

I got in too! I think it'd be great to make a fb page!

interviewed Feb 8th. got my acceptance email Feb 13th. im so excited for WSU!

Congrats to all that got accepted!!!
My first hint of advice is if you are sure you are coming to WSU, send in your deposit to hold your space.

Secondly, keep in mind that 3 different classes are coming in to Spokane this fall, so finding apartments and living arrangements will be horrendous if you don't start early. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE ON THIS! Or you will be living more than half an hour away from school. And in Spokane, it'll seem like a lifetime away.

If anyone has questions about anything, please PM me...:D
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Congrats to all that got accepted!!!
My first hint of advice is if you are sure you are coming to WSU, send in your deposit to hold your space.

Secondly, keep in mind that 3 different classes are coming in to Spokane this fall, so finding apartments and living arrangements will be horrendous if you don't start early. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE ON THIS! Or you will be living more than half an hour away from school. And in Spokane, it'll seem like a lifetime away.

If anyone has questions about anything, please PM me...:D
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Any other word of advice for us before school starts in August?? :)

Hey guys and girls!

I created a Facebook page for those of you that got accepted and are sticking with WSU as your pharmacy school choice.

AND... any current WSU pharmacy students are welcome to join! :) I'm sure we would appreciate all the advice you can give!

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/485143781549075/

Have a great weekend!

Giving up my spot, I hope this helps one of you on the waitlist :)

My wife and I just drove up to Spokane and checked out a number of apartment complexes in the South Hill area. We chose South Hill because we had only heard good things about it. If you have any questions feel free to ask. At every complex we were told that spots are filling up quickly because the entire Pharmacy school is moving to Spokane. So get on it!