Waterloo 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well for example in the med school here, gpa, MCAT, interview all contribute to your overall admission decision, weighting and contributing different amounts. So for Waterloo, are gpa and OAT scores considered after the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Well for example in the med school here, gpa, MCAT, interview all contribute to your overall admission decision, weighting and contributing different amounts. So for Waterloo, are gpa and OAT scores considered after the interview?
I have a feeling that your marks and OAT score get you the interview and then after the interview they take a serious look at your references and volunteer experience. I say this because the references letters were due pretty much the same day as when they sent the interview invites so therefore they havent even looked at them yet... anything can happen in/after the interview

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if you are allowed to jot notes down during the 2 minutes you can read your prompt for the interview?

no paper, no pen. You're given the question outside the door and a few minutes to think and then you walk in and start talking.

Hello, just wondering if anyone has any advice as to how to prepare for the interview. If there is any specific things to read or where you can find some practice questions. Thank!

Hello, just wondering if anyone has any advice as to how to prepare for the interview. If there is any specific things to read or where you can find some practice questions. Thank!
i think just googling MMI questions is the best or make up your own (similar to questioned they would asked) based on news you hear and random stuff you make up! :)

does anyone know if there will be a written station as part of our MMI?

does anyone know if there will be a written station as part of our MMI?
typically no. they want to see you articulate and speak your mind.
Also...ONE WEEK!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
how was it for everyone? challenging? easy? better/worse than you thought?
personally i thought it was alright, however its hard to judge how well you did i think

I dunno, totally bombed one of my stations, and the others, thinking back, maybe could've said more and definitely be more relaxed, easier said than done for the last one though, haha.

I think it went better than I thought. I felt that I prepared well for it

If you don't mind me asking, how did you prepare?
I read through 3 different books in order of how detailed I read them: MMI for the mind, MMI questions book by MSC, and Doing Right. Timed myself reading the question and scenario, and timed myself typing out my response as I spoke it out loud.

cant change anything now! just have to wait it out!

Does anyone recall if they stated how many interviews were being conducted this year? I think my interviews went fairly well also.

Does anyone recall if they stated how many interviews were being conducted this year? I think my interviews went fairly well also.
I believe they mentioned that the last number of the number of interviewees was 167.

in the talk after the tour they mentioned that there were only 150 this year! that may be not including out of province so 167 sounds about right

Reactions: 1 users
Hey does anyone know how to check if their transcript (after first term this year) made it to Waterloo? I sent a transcript, but i don't know how to check if it arrived

Thanks in advanced

I heard each year they have around 200 interveiwees, but i may be mistaken and this year they may have taken less.

Hey does anyone know how to check if their transcript (after first term this year) made it to Waterloo? I sent a transcript, but i don't know how to check if it arrived

Thanks in advanced

I think you can check on Quest. Log in then go to "Documents" and it should show a date for when they received it, if they did. I submitted mine online though, so I'm not sure if it shows up there for those who mailed it.

Btw, does anyone know if Waterloo accepts pre-req courses that were graded using Credit/D/Fail or other non-percentage grading? Thanks.

anyone else really impressed with all the cool and fun activities UW has over the year? made me want to be accepted even more!!

anyone else really impressed with all the cool and fun activities UW has over the year? made me want to be accepted even more!!
Absolutely! I look forward to their Montreal trip and sports events. I'm more interested in soccer, so when I get in I plan on making an intramural team!

Absolutely! I look forward to their Montreal trip and sports events. I'm more interested in soccer, so when I get in I plan on making an intramural team!

There's already an intramurals team for soccer =]

Anyone else really anxious?

Anyone else really anxious?
Ya pretty anxious just thinking about the what the committee will think about my application. But not much we can do now anyways.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to check if they have received our transcript? Does it show it on Quest?

i have the same question...i sent mine 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't shown; also what about grades that are yr-long?

Under the document's section on Quest it should have a date beside the transcript section, my date was updated to Jan 7 2015 when they got my latest transcript.

Under the document's section on Quest it should have a date beside the transcript section, my date was updated to Jan 7 2015 when they got my latest transcript.

How long after you sent your transcript did it take them to receive it?

mine was sent jan 14, i called earlier and they said they might not have updated it...but deadline is this friday...and im thinking it got lost in the mail, etc... :(

What phone # did you use to call? I had my transcript couriered (from SK) and it said it arrived on the 23. It still has not been updated for me though

I have the same problem. Mine was received on the 25th but quest has still not update for me either.

They said that they update it every few days so if it's not there, you'll have to mail it again. Ugh I just paid $45 for it to be express mail again so I dont risk them not having it on friday.

Last edited:
Hi,

Does anyone know if we need to update the courses grades that we inputted into the AIF? Some of mine are in progress (because I did them in fall 2014)... or is just sending the transcript sufficient?

Hi,

Does anyone know if we need to update the courses grades that we inputted into the AIF? Some of mine are in progress (because I did them in fall 2014)... or is just sending the transcript sufficient?
I would change it on AIF. The grades component of the AIF is still available for changes.

I would change it on AIF. The grades component of the AIF is still available for changes.

Hey, thanks for the response tiggerlm! It won't let me change anything... I'm not sure what to do about it...

Does yours let you edit?

Hey, thanks for the response tiggerlm! It won't let me change anything... I'm not sure what to do about it...

Does yours let you edit?
Yea I just checked : ( Unfortunately, it seems that changes can't be made to it anymore. I made my changes in early January.

For those whose transcript wasn't updates, I believe waterloo just updated all the transcripts they received this week.