About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waterloo Optometry 2012 Cycle

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by tmorowat, Jul 12, 2011.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. neuronerd1337

neuronerd1337

Optometry Student

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Well, I found this for Canadian Board Exams which includes international and US Optoms. I couldn't find any American Board Stats though. http://docs.ceo-eco.org/dm/cache/documents/CSAOdocs/2008_CSAO_Results_Analysis_Summary_Report.pdf
  2. nensis

nensis

Optometry Student
    anyone else just waiting for 9?
  3. merciless3

merciless3

Pre-Medical
  4. zumango

zumango

Omg, this is killing me!

Is that normally when the decisions are posted?
  5. nensis

nensis

Optometry Student
    reading the threads from last year, that's the impression that I got... good luck everyone!
  6. zumango

zumango

Anyone? Mine still says application... :(

!!!!!
  7. nensis

nensis

Optometry Student
  8. merciless3

merciless3

Pre-Medical
    Is anyone planning to call?
  9. nensis

nensis

Optometry Student
    no I don't think I will, I mean after all they did say late march I just really thought it would be today given it's been the first firday in march for the past 3 years...
  10. merciless3

merciless3

Pre-Medical
    They said we would learn about the decision in early march and the mails would arrive in late march
  11. zumango

zumango

12. dragon123

dragon123

Pre-Optometry
    Maybe it will be updated throughout the day :S
  13. nensis

nensis

Optometry Student
    thats odd, I swear during my interview day (Saturday afternoon) they said late march! I hope you're right though, can't handle too many more restless nights!
  14. zumango

zumango

Well, I guess I'll check a few times today to see if anyone else got accepted, but that makes me feel ALOT better that I'm not the only one! lol
  15. merciless3

merciless3

Pre-Medical
    Last year the first post was at 6:18 AM. So I'm waiting for another 5 min and stopping this obsessive compulsive checking thing.
  16. nensis

nensis

Optometry Student
    I think I'll do the same, either way I think we'll get an e-mail a little while later
  17. dragon123

dragon123

Pre-Optometry
    Yea same! I was really looking forward to knowing already! Oh well...
  18. nensis

nensis

Optometry Student
    there are SO many people viewing this thread right now! everyone is just waiting for someone's status to change!
  19. merciless3

merciless3

Pre-Medical
    uggh I don't really get it. Why don't they just put an end to our misery earlier? I mean they are only dealing with 300 students (vs. 2000-4000 applicants to medical schools). Why why whyyyy?
  20. nensis

nensis

Optometry Student
    I agree! I wish they gave us a date. I wouldn't even care if it was in late March as longs as I know when to expect it!
  21. dragon123

dragon123

Pre-Optometry
    Maybe were all on the wait list! bahaha jokes! That's impossible!
  22. nensis

nensis

Optometry Student
    ahhh I think im going to stop pressing refresh every 10 seconds! anyone else just going to check back later?
  23. zumango

zumango

lol Agreed... that being said, I probably won't make it through the day without checking again... lol
  24. Eyeloveeyes20

Eyeloveeyes20

Optometry Student
    lol i know what you mean. i am having trouble not checking every 1-2 hours..
  25. basketjammer

basketjammer

Pre-Optometry
    yup, still says "application" for me as well.

I called the admissions office last week letting them know that Quest, under the transcript section, still listed "desired" under the status of my transcript. I was afraid they hadn't received my latest transcript. The lady on the phone told me "I don't think we use Quest...", and told me they had everything they needed from me.
  26. Ubc101

Ubc101

I think it might be safe to say that we won't be finding out until next week... Unless anyone has heard of emails being sent over the weekend. Its going to be a long weekend though
  27. limegreen18

limegreen18

Pre-Optometry
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    i had such a restless sleep last night thinking today was the day!!! gahh!!! well atleast now we have no ideas of when we will know so we just have to wait it out...maybe next friday.. such a painful wait though.
  28. merciless3

merciless3

Pre-Medical
    This is brutal.
  29. Eyeloveeyes20

Eyeloveeyes20

Optometry Student
    pleeasse not the last week of march.
  30. merciless3

merciless3

Pre-Medical
    Let's mass bother the admissions office!
  31. dragon123

dragon123

Pre-Optometry
    lets!!! Then they'll feel pressured! Last couple years it has been released on quest the first Friday of March so this is weird!
  32. Caerulus

Caerulus

Pre-Optometry
    My bad, I think I originally meant to direct that question at you.

Either way, thanks for the info. The OD's I shadowed were either from Waterloo or Pacific and they all had good things to say about their schools. I guess its always hard to choose between 2 good things
  33. tmorowat

tmorowat

Pre-Optometry
    I hope that that does mean getting the letters in the mail, because I'd also like to find out earlier on in March...
  34. Eyeloveeyes20

Eyeloveeyes20

Optometry Student
    another restless nighttt
  35. zumango

zumango

Yep! What are the chances they post tomorrow? lol I wonder if this is a friday phenomenon?
  36. limegreen18

limegreen18

Pre-Optometry
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    i guess tomorrow could be the day, but i have a weird feeling it is a "friday thing". Not sure why...but maybe i'm wrong! P.s im too nervous to check quest so i'm religiously reading this to wait for the first "ACCEPTED!" lol. and even then i probably will be too nervous to check. sigh..
  37. merciless3

merciless3

Pre-Medical
    Yup another restless night. =(
  38. merciless3

merciless3

Pre-Medical
    I tried calling them last Friday but it was automatically directed to answering machine.

I was wondering if a current student could update us by asking the admissions officers in person and telling us whether its gonna be in late March or soon. That would wonderful if someone could actually do this.
  39. celtic3

celtic3

Optometry Student
    As students we have no exact idea on the timeline of the admissions process and with being in classes all day we rarely see any of the admissions officers, if at all. I know it is really hard to be patient to find out if you are admitted or not, but I am sure that no amount of phonecalls/emails will result in any other answer other than "late march". If they are following a similar timeline to previous years then it should be shortly that applicants start finding out via quest. I was a religious quest-checker around this time, but it made it that much sweeter when that applicant status changed to admit. Try your best to be patient, and when this feed does start to explode with excitement of the first admittances, congratulations to those of you who got in and see you next year!
  40. Eyeloveeyes20

Eyeloveeyes20

Optometry Student
    looks like a friday thingg
  41. Ubc101

Ubc101

Hopefully this Friday! Getting hard to maintain concentration on current classes with all this anticipation
  42. Twinkle Twinkle

Twinkle Twinkle

Pre-Optometry
    Lol i joined this website just so i could be part of the hype when we find out~~~ :laugh:
  43. arktl134

arktl134

Pre-Optometry
    the suspense is killing me!
    just wondering if anyone else is in this situation.. So i go to school in Hamilton right now, and my landlord wants to know if I'll be signing the lease for next year. The deadline for signing and sending in post-dated cheques is mid-march but I don't know if I'll be staying in Hamilton next year because these results haven't come out yet!!!

anyone else here having trouble with housing?? any suggestions?:)
  44. Eyeloveeyes20

Eyeloveeyes20

Optometry Student
    Hey! I am sort of in the same situation. I accepted NECO and I would like to start looking for a roommate, housing and LOANS but I have put that all on hold for waterloo. So far I missed out on 2 great appartments that I wanted. I guess all we can do is wait and hope they don't wait until end of march because that could mess some people up. It says online that all decision letters will be mailed by mid-march. Late march would be terrible. It would be right before exams and I would loose out on more good NECO deals for housing. :(
    Lets hope decisions are made this friday!!
  45. dragon123

dragon123

Pre-Optometry
    Did you have to place a deposit for the NECO acceptance?
  46. Eyeloveeyes20

Eyeloveeyes20

Optometry Student
    yep, deposit is 500$ to secure your position. Boston is an amazing city and I really loved NECO. Going there would be a great experience and there are several other Canadians in the class. I'm just waiting on Waterloo and then I'll make my decision..or it will be made for me lol !
    Either way, I'm excited to figure out what I am doing next year and to start getting ready for it:)
  47. sugarandspice

sugarandspice

Pre-Optometry
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Me too...I just want to know where I'll be in the fall. I believe neco said there were over 35% Canadians in the incoming class last year.
  48. nensis

nensis

Optometry Student
    I go to school in Hamilton too and am having the same problem! I has to let my landlord know on march 1st if id be moving out in may. If i'm coming back for the summer of another year I'l have to find a new place :(
  49. Eyeloveeyes20

Eyeloveeyes20

Optometry Student
    yeah I know eh! It's hard to be excited for Boston when were still waiting on Waterloo.
  50. merciless3

merciless3

Pre-Medical
    I'm in the exact same situation :S All the good apartments in Boston are being taken. :(