Waterloo Waitlisted - Rewrite OAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PoopSir

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been waitlisted but it doesn't seem likely that I'll get an offer. I tried emailing and calling the school to see if I should rewrite the OAT, but my question wasn't answered ...

Here are my scores:
QR: 330 80.0%
RC: 310 67.3%
BIOL: 340 77.7%
GC: 370 96.3%
OC: 400 100.0%
PHYS: 320 70.5%
TS: 360 92.1%
AA: 350 93.8%

Should I rewrite the OAT for the next cycle? I think I should since the only reason my score is at a 360/350 is because of chemistry ...

Thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your scores seem a little on the low side, except for chemistry. But I've heard people have still gotten in with low-ish scores, so I don't think the OAT is a huge factor. I made sure I got a really high OAT score since my GPA wasn't amazing. Just make sure to work on other aspects of your application too, because it's not just about the grades/scores!

It wouldn't hurt for you to retake it, if money isn't a big factor. If you do retake it, really try to focus on your RC, since that seems to be your main problem.

PM if you need help, good luck!

Depends on how competitive the year is. As long as your ECs and GPA are higher than the average, you'll have a better chance this year.

what is your gpa like if you don't mind me asking?

Hello,

I've been waitlisted but it doesn't seem likely that I'll get an offer. I tried emailing and calling the school to see if I should rewrite the OAT, but my question wasn't answered ...

Here are my scores:
QR: 330 80.0%
RC: 310 67.3%
BIOL: 340 77.7%
GC: 370 96.3%
OC: 400 100.0%
PHYS: 320 70.5%
TS: 360 92.1%
AA: 350 93.8%

Should I rewrite the OAT for the next cycle? I think I should since the only reason my score is at a 360/350 is because of chemistry ...

Thanks in advance! :)

super late to this but i was wondering if you ever ended up getting in from the waitlist? i'm applying for waterloo and have a feeling i'm either not getting in or gonna end up on the waitlist since my TS and AA are booth 350 :(