Wax up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurepredent2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a D1,

How can i get better at wax ups of tooth 8 and 9, I am might be doing a molar wax up. We put a small shaved tooth 8 in a typodont then built from it

Any resources I could look at or just go cold blue and practice/advice from my peers is all I got

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Waxing is a struggle I am also going through as a D1. Pretty sure the best way to get better is just to practice and watch the instructor's little tricks and techniques.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been getting ready for my practical on #8. My bench instructors have told me that the best way to get better is simply practicing. Wax during TV commercials, wax while you watch a movie, wax while you relisten to lectures, etc. I also talked with some D2s just to see their techniques. Our loupes aren't in yet (classes just started last week for us), so the only way I can really check my work is by using the little hand held cameras we have in the sim clinic. The cameras are horrifying because they show every mistake but also really helpful.

Practice practice practice.

And don't just do well enough to get through the course. Wax ups are something you'll be doing a lot if restoring severely broken down teeth, or doing any veneer/cosmetic cases.