Waxing advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothwaxer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Everyone on this forum has been super helpful and I was hoping I could get a couple of opinions from current dental students on my waxed tooth of tooth #3. Please rate my tooth on a scale of 1 to 10 and if it is not a 10 please let me know how to make it a perfect 10. Link to pics is below Thank you!!!

http://postimg.org/gallery/2uerceyay/269f454c/

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, Great wax-up!
I would rate it as a 7.
Some things that I see that can that can make your wax-up better:
1. The distobuccal cusp should be small than the mesiobuccal cusp.
2. If you clean the wax part on the bottom of the gum area, it would look better.
3. See Image 1306, the buccal side and lingual side looks flat. Add more wax on the top and the middle. (like a round cup).
4. From the top view, the contour looks like a square, but ideal shape is a rhombus. Make the mesiobuccal cusp go out towards the tooth #4 and the distobuccal cusp smaller and round the cusp.
5. The grooves looks nice but I see that buccal groove is going straight down the middle. Have the buccal groove and the lingual groove go the same direction like the lingual groove is at an angle so make the buccal groove be at an angle too.
6. Bring of the lingual side of the occlusal.
7. Bring your cusp inward little bit.
Always check the contact on the occlusal.

I'm not a dental student right now, but ill be attending dental school next year.
I worked at a lab and my job was to wax up copings and full contours.
Well I hope this tip helps you and good luck!

Reactions: 1 user