Wayne State BMS 2012-2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The med school ones for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone hear anything recently? Still looking for a roommate!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear anything recently? Still looking for a roommate!
No news yet... mine still says "decision pending." Hopefully we'll get another round early July? I though for sure they would do one mid or end of June but I guess not.

Finally got my acceptance letter today ... What's next? :) ... We can't register for classes until after aug 22?

Last edited:
Anyone (previous years or this year) apply really late?

This is a last minute back up plan for me as I apply to med school since I was not really planning on applying to med school so late but I had a lot of personal issues which hindered my application submission in June (deaths/weddings/illness etc). But about 70% of my app was done in early June and my issue has been the profs that were suppose to write my letter of Rec's from the winter semester gave me a run around and now have been out of their offices for the past 3 weeks. I had to reinitiate a few letters and just have 1 prof left who said he will send one soon.

My understanding is that they don't look at your application until it is 100% complete? My application still says Fall 2013 even though when I started the app in June it was after the Fall Deadline. I feel like in the fall semester I will only have 1 class (my last class of under grad) which is only 2 credits and I wanted to get a start on this BMS program.

I believe they accept until Aug 1st even though it says june 1st, they will probably temporary allow you to be in BMS for one semester to allow u to finish ur bachelors but you wont be given graduate financial aid

I believe they accept until Aug 1st even though it says june 1st, they will probably temporary allow you to be in BMS for one semester to allow u to finish ur bachelors but you wont be given graduate financial aid

I hope so, I emailed Brenda (the lady in charge) and told her my situation, I'm currently a Wayne State student also. I told her I was hoping to just take 1 or 2 classes as I finish my writing intensive class. The plus side is, It will be considered undergraduate tuition which will help.

I've been studying at Scott Hall the past week and it's a cool environment. For those asking about class location, I believe almost all are at Scott Hall, which is the Med. School Campus. My friend just graduated from the program this spring and I'm almost 100% sure his classes were all on the med campus.

How many people are still waiting on replies?

Has anyone from the 2012-2013 Wayne BMS class been accepted yet to medical schools this cycle? Either for Wayne's med school or elsewhere?

PM me if you'd like, but trying to organize some data. I also was a BMS student who applied this cycle.

I start the BMS program in the winter and wanted to know which courses I should register for.

I am a psychology major with not only pre-dental pre requisites completed. I have not taken any physiology or anatomy courses as an undergrad. Only took cell bio, micro bio and biochemistry courses. I want to know if I will be able to succeed in this program granted I put in the work.

Please suggest courses that I could register for in the winter. I have seen it mentioned above that endocrinology is relatively easy (are they referring to PSL 7680?). I was also thinking of taking PSL 7030 because I have been told to stay away from immunology during my first semester.

Also, if anyone has old notes/exams/lectures from the program PLEASE PLEASE dm me and I can give you my email so that you can send me that stuff. I really want to go to dental school folks and am very determined but my situation with my poor grades is holding me back and I don't want to mess up this program so please help me.

Thank you

Oh No! Im not doing well in this program....:dead:

I am currently in my second semester of the BMS program at Wayne and was wondering if you had any old exams from your year or previous years. I find that my studying is good but my test taking needs some work, and thought that having some practice questions to apply to the actual material would be very helpful