Wayne State University part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok this is totally weird. I'm watching the review just now when, all the sudden, the video flips upsidedown and backwards. WTF???? What else can go wrong? I shouldn't ask.... I think it has something to do with my crazy Mac OSX. Doesn't play nice with our schools lectures.... but it waited 2 years to flip the video upside down..... very eerie......

Thanks Inked for the heads-up. There those notes are on that crazy packet. I should just go to bed now.

i didnt even know there was a review... i didnt see it on the schedule... i guess i should watch that

edit: he says the pictures are coming from which friday lecture? i am bad at understanding accents

wow, like half the people left within the first 10 mins of the review, lol

Members don't see this ad.

Here's our match list for this year.

Attachments

• Match List 2007.zip
    43.1 KB · Views: 2,255
Here's our match list for this year.

not that I know anything... but that looks good.... ? Funny to see some kids I graduated high school with the same year already starting residency when I'm just starting med school :scared: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get a long string of E's toward the end of the exam?

I'd just like to say to any of the Lampoon coordinators who post or look at this thread that you did an excellent job, far exceeding my expectations.

To everyone who missed the show tonight: you missed one amazing show from each one of the classes.

Can someone give me a sense of what Wayne State's M1's week would look like? Like when classes begin and end throughout a week.

Can someone give me a sense of what Wayne State's M1's week would look like? Like when classes begin and end throughout a week.
It's pretty much a 9-4 day - with the occasional day going to 5 - this happens more in the first few months of first year when you have 3-4 hrs of gross lab just about every day. Once anatomy is over there are lectures from 9-4 or so, but you can make this less by watching streamed lectures at home. Also there's also an hour break for lunch everyday.

Any of the third/fourth years have opinions/advice regarding 3rd year clinical rotations (sites, order, etc)? Oldjeeps mentioned that if you are not that interested in OB/GYN you may not want to do it at Hutzel and that he/she did too many rotations at the DMC. Thanks for the advice!

I lifted this off the 06/07 schedule for the first week of first year. It looks about right. We generally get 1.5 hour lunches on tuesday and thursday as well. Anatomy lab is mostly mandatory (you can miss out on a few days/leave early sometimes with good reason), Histology lab wasn't mandatory, but a huge help to be in, and lectures are available to watch at home on streaming media 95% of the time. Good luck!

Monday, August 07
9:00 AM-10:00 AM HISTOLOGY-INTRODUCTION TO HISTOLOGY
10:00 AM-12:00 PM HISTOLOGY-CELL BIOLOGY I (F2) - WHEATER
1:00 PM-2:00 PM GROSS ANATOMY - INTRO TO GROSS ANATOMY (...
2:00 PM-3:00 PM GROSS ANATOMY - AXILLA I (F4) - IRELAND
3:00 PM-5:00 PM GROSS ANATOMY - LAB #1 LAB (R)-GA...
Tuesday, August 08
10:00 AM-12:00 PM HISTOLOGY - CELL BIOLOGY II (F5) - WHEAT...
1:30 PM-3:00 PM GROSS ANATOMY - INTRO TO NERVOUS SYSTEM ...
Wednesday, August 09
10:00 AM-12:00 PM HISTOLOGY LAB - CELL BIOLOGY - STAFF
1:00 PM-2:30 PM GROSS ANATOMY - SHOULDER, ARM (F7)- IREL...
2:30 PM-5:00 PM GROSS ANATOMY - LAB #2 LAB (R)-GA...
Thursday, August 10
9:00 AM-10:00 AM STUDY SKILLS - ROBINSON MD Labs 22...
10:00 AM-12:00 PM HISTOLOGY - EPITHELIUM & GLANDS (F8)
Friday, August 11
9:45 AM-11:45 AM HISTOLOGY - HISTOLOGY LAB EPITHELIUM
1:00 PM-4:00 PM GROSS ANTOMY - LAB #3 LAB (R)-GA...

I lifted this off the 06/07 schedule for the first week of first year. It looks about right. We generally get 1.5 hour lunches on tuesday and thursday as well. Anatomy lab is mostly mandatory (you can miss out on a few days/leave early sometimes with good reason), Histology lab wasn't mandatory, but a huge help to be in, and lectures are available to watch at home on streaming media 95% of the time. Good luck!

Monday, August 07
9:00 AM-10:00 AM HISTOLOGY-INTRODUCTION TO HISTOLOGY
10:00 AM-12:00 PM HISTOLOGY-CELL BIOLOGY I (F2) - WHEATER
1:00 PM-2:00 PM GROSS ANATOMY - INTRO TO GROSS ANATOMY (...
2:00 PM-3:00 PM GROSS ANATOMY - AXILLA I (F4) - IRELAND
3:00 PM-5:00 PM GROSS ANATOMY - LAB #1 LAB (R)-GA...
Tuesday, August 08
10:00 AM-12:00 PM HISTOLOGY - CELL BIOLOGY II (F5) - WHEAT...
1:30 PM-3:00 PM GROSS ANATOMY - INTRO TO NERVOUS SYSTEM ...
Wednesday, August 09
10:00 AM-12:00 PM HISTOLOGY LAB - CELL BIOLOGY - STAFF
1:00 PM-2:30 PM GROSS ANATOMY - SHOULDER, ARM (F7)- IREL...
2:30 PM-5:00 PM GROSS ANATOMY - LAB #2 LAB (R)-GA...
Thursday, August 10
9:00 AM-10:00 AM STUDY SKILLS - ROBINSON MD Labs 22...
10:00 AM-12:00 PM HISTOLOGY - EPITHELIUM & GLANDS (F8)
Friday, August 11
9:45 AM-11:45 AM HISTOLOGY - HISTOLOGY LAB EPITHELIUM
1:00 PM-4:00 PM GROSS ANTOMY - LAB #3 LAB (R)-GA...
i seem to remember the schedule getting better after anatomy and histoloy (the first 2 classes you take as a first year)... but that could be because i quit going after anatomy and histo.

Thanka a lot. The schedule really helps out a lot.

Anyone know what the top secret website is for the year three lottery that supposedly starts in like 15 minutes

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey 3rd and 4th years!

I have some questions regarding rotations.

I just put in my choices for rotations. And I'm realizing that Beaumont is my first choice for nearly every rotation. I live down the street from Beaumont, which is why I'm drawn to it. But will I find it tedious to do too many rotations there? Anybody do rotations there? Do you have an opinion on the education?

Mainly I'm debating the Medicine/Neuro/Psych... any insight?

Thanks!!!

Hey 3rd and 4th years!

I just put in my choices for rotations. And I'm realizing that Beaumont is my first choice for nearly every rotation. I live down the street from Beaumont, which is why I'm drawn to it. But will I find it tedious to do too many rotations there? Anybody do rotations there? Do you have an opinion on the education?

Thanks!!!

Definitely do not do neuro at Beaumont. I've heard from multiple people that it sucks big time. Medicine should be good there. I don't know about any of the other rotations...

Any of the third/fourth years have opinions/advice regarding 3rd year clinical rotations (sites, order, etc)? Oldjeeps mentioned that if you are not that interested in OB/GYN you may not want to do it at Hutzel and that he/she did too many rotations at the DMC. Thanks for the advice!

I can give you a rundown on the hospitals I've rotated at so far....

I rotated at Providence for Ob/gyn. Most people in previous years either really liked it or really hated it. I was told it is a terrible place because you don't get as much hands on as you do at Hutzel. To me, this was a plus because I was 90% sure I didn't want to be an OB. I actually had a great experience there and considered going into Ob for a while. The residents and attendings at Providence are wonderful and love to teach. While you may not actually deliver a baby yourself (like at Hutzel), you will learn a ton and be well prepared for the shelf. You will have less call: two weekend days and one week of night float. This means you are well rested, un-stressed and more able to study or have fun in your free time. Not having to come in to round on your weekends off is a definite plus. I would recommend Providence for Ob/gyn to anyone. Other pluses: free parking, nice staff, good cafeteria, resident lounge with comfy couch and 25 cent vending machines.

I did neuro at Recieving. I didn't have a good experience because my attendings were horrible. They didn't teach effectively (or at all). We had a different attending each week. Other students have said good things about DRH for neuro though, so maybe my month was a fluke.

I was back at Providence for psych. I did not like the psych rotation in general. Providence is an ok place to do psych, but it is very disorganized and hectic. There is a lot of busy work to do for Dr. Spurlock, plus the Docs at Providence add a bunch of other paperwork to do. You will be very busy. I still found a lot of time to study though and did well on the rotation.

Surgery I did at Sinai Grace. I hated it. I was miserable. Worst two months of my life. But this was mostly due to my chief residents. They were horrible. Sinai is not a bad place to do surgery. You will be there long hours (just like anywhere except Oakwood), but they have a rather light surgery load (especially when I was there in Nov/Dec). This means you won't have to scrub in too often if you don't want to. That leaves you ample time to hide out in the library to study or follow the residents around kissing butt (or doing work, whatever you call it). On the plus side, the director of the program prepares you very well for the oral exam you will have at the end of the rotation. You also get a week of trauma, which is awesome and you get to see way more than you would at DRH.

I did FM in Livonia with Drs. Stevens and Schmidt. They are awesome! They have a very busy practice, so the day flies by. Schedule is 8-3/4ish M-F. You are able to go do the H&P all by yourself and then present to them your findings and plan. It makes you feel like a real doc. You get free lunch quite a bit there, 'cuz pharm reps are always coming in. Other students who rotated there also had great experiences. I give them two thumbs up!

I am doing peds right now. I did both inpatient and outpatient at Children's. For the love of everything that is good and right, please do outpatient away from Children's. Their outpatient clinic is hell! It is disorganized, busy, chaotic and you are made to feel totally in the way. Inpatient I am loving right now though. Most of the other students are liking inpatient at Children's. The sucky thing is the q4 call. I've heard other hospitals have less call.

I hope that helps. Feel free to PM me if you want more specifics about each place.

Thanks for taking the time to do this Katrina - it's a big help

Hey 3rd and 4th years!

Thanks!!!

I have a few minutes, so here’s a rundown of what I have dealt with so far…

I start off with Neuro at DMC – half of us at the DMC were sent to DRH and half to harper. I was in the harper half, but was sent over to DRH for a week of neuro icu. The attendings were okay, didn’t teach as much as I would have liked (and certainly not as much as I would now expect). I think that in my three weeks at Harper I had two different attendings. I liked that fact that we didn’t have to “log cases”, but the computer based “practice cases” were a bit of a PITA.

Next up was psych. Also at the DMC, then a few days before the start of the rotation I get an e-mail telling me I’m at “DMC-North”… WTF?? Turns out that is Sinai. I agree that Dr. Spurlock is a fan of busywork – rumor is that there is going to be a “clerkship co-coordinator” (who happens to be really nice) next year, which should help. A good thing about pysch at Sinai is that you get to spend some time on the in-Pt unit, crisis center, consult service, and out-Pt clinic… really get to see the spread of the field. Hated psych, but had an surprising decent month (would have been better w/o the Saturday lectures).

Surgery at the DMC. First month was at DRH… if I EVER just watch another I&D abscess it will be too soon. Had a good team, was frustrated by the poor communication on the part of the dept. re: lectures that were cancelled/rescheduled at the last minute (standard WSU-SOM BS). Would have appreciated more teaching aimed at us by the team, but I think that it was sacrificed b/c of the “80 hour work week”. Basically had a good team but was bored to death by the cases. Then was a month at CHM… I would suggest avoiding that assignment at all costs. The team sucked – all the residents were miserable and that made life suck for the MS3s. I was basically told that I was not to touch a chart or Pt for the entire month. But have heard that things have improved some since then.
Basically, good team at DRH but was quickly bored with the cases (the MS4, residents, and some of the other MS3s got the fun trauma cases). CHM had some interesting cases but I got to do nothing and the team was horrible.

Ford for OB/GYN. The residents were cool, but the interns were scary incompetent. It probably would have been better for some of the pts if the interns were replaced the MS3s. Basically did 4 weeks of GYN (scrubbed into cases most days), a week at an out-pt clinic (mine sucked b/c the pts wouldn’t let a student anywhere near them – I didn’t even get allowed into the exam room >50% of the time), a week of nights, and a couple weeks in L&D. Of course schedules were individualized so some poor bastards ending up spending 5 weeks in L&D – were some of the midwifes seemed to hate having students around – and consequently went out of their way to make out lives difficult. Never got to actually deliver a baby, but saw a few. Was given the opportunity to deliver the placenta a couple of times (no thanks). Never saw a circ. Did have a fair amount of time to read/study. Free weekends.

CHM for in-pt and out-pt peds. For Out-Pt my specialty clinic wasn’t bad and I felt like I was actually learning something. But the general peds clinic really was miserable (partly because they are in the process of going live with their EMR), as Katrina stated. I was pleasantly surprised by my month of In-Pt. The q4 call does sort of suck, but I have already dealt with worse (a stretch of q3 on surgery) so it wasn’t too bad. Other thing that sucks about peds is all the pointless paperwork that you have to do (regardless of clerkship site). One bad thing with call is the call rooms, they are nowhere near the units and not all that nice and have a tendency to bit a bit odiferous.

Back to DRH for medicine. I think this experience is very team dependent. I like my attending but rounds are taking way too long every day and I am getting out way too late to do as much reading as I am going to need to do in order to pass this shelf. Also, a bit disappointed by a lack of procedures being done by the team (might just be luck of the draw for the pts that are coming in when we’re on call). Q4 call can be annoying, but the good thing is that you only have to take call overnight once a month – the down side of that is being back at DRH to round with the team (usually happens by 0700 when post-call), some nights I got more sleep by staying in the call room instead of driving home. Call room is actually rather nice, even if it is nowhere near the units.

FM is up next and I am planning on doing it somewhere other than downtown.

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

To expand on my previous statement… the DMC can be good for hands on learning (which is why I did most of third year there) but I would suggest giving yourself some “vacations” from it in order to avoid burning out. Do some of your clerkships at the suburban hospitals – I have heard some good things about St. John’s and Beaumont, but don’t remember for which rotations.

thanks to you too, jeeps

thanks guys... it is much appreciated.

do they tell you what books to study for the shelf exams or is there a particular review book series that is good (first aid, recall, etc)?? thanks

Thanks to all the 3rd and 4th years who have passed on their wisdom re: locations - it's so helpful, especially when I'm thinking "Is Sinai Grace the one in Troy?"

In other news, I think I'd like to do my elective in critical care - would I be absolutely sunk if I did it before my medicine rotation?

In other news, I think I'd like to do my elective in critical care - would I be absolutely sunk if I did it before my medicine rotation?

Don't do critical care as an elective. That is definitely a 4th year rotation because it is very advanced medicine on very sick patients. Unless of course you want to deal with patients that are vegetables or close to it.

I've posted a few times on this already, but here's the rundown, but not in the order I took these rotations. I'll start with the "big 3" and work my way down.

Surgery at DRH/Harper. I had a wonderful time at DRH because the team rocked and trauma surgery is the most fun type of surgery. Two of the three of us students on the team got to perform at least 1 I&D under supervision. You also get a chance to work with Dr. Tyburski or Drs. Lucas and Ledgerwood if you land on their services, and they are great teachers. Just don't be scared of Dr. Ledgerwood and you will be just fine. Call is Q6 and very busy. You will see everything, but don't expect to sleep on call. In contrast, Harper was horrible, and I mean horrible! The team dynamics were nonexistent, the chiefs sucked, the place is infested with large cockroaches (one walked into the OR during a procedure), and duty hours are ignored on Harper A because it is only against WSU policy and not illegal to make students break them. This is where you pay dearly for your month at DRH, and I wanted to go home and drown myself in booze each night (notice I only wanted to, but did not).

Peds and Medicine: cannot yet comment. I am doing one and have not gotten to the other yet.

OB/Gyn: North Oakland was nice to us, but I did not learn squat. I tried catching a kid a couple times and tried being first assist a few more, but was always tossed out. I counted myself lucky that I got to draw the cord blood. Bonus: free food every day, and the best cafeteria I've seen so far.

Family: Simple advice: get out of Detroit! I enjoyed it so much that I might do it for a career (it is second on my list), and I had no intention of doing it when year 3 started.

Neuro: Ford is a great place to do it. You won't get your hands on much and there are three calls, but you get to make your own schedule in whatever you want. You will have to create powerpoint presentations to teach your fellow students, but this is a good thing because you master the material for the shelf, and there are no WSU lectures.

Psych: ugh. I never want to deal with Dr. Spurlock again. I did the rotation at Sinai Grace and saw a lot of schizophrenia, depression, and drug abuse, but little else. Plus there is call there, and that is not the case in all locations. Only my month of surgery at Harper was worse.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to all the 3rd and 4th years who have passed on their wisdom re: locations - it's so helpful, especially when I'm thinking "Is Sinai Grace the one in Troy?"

Sinai Grace is in the "gunshot capital of Detroit," located on McNichols and Schaffer.

Don't do critical care as an elective. That is definitely a 4th year rotation because it is very advanced medicine on very sick patients. Unless of course you want to deal with patients that are vegetables or close to it.

I've posted a few times on this already, but here's the rundown, but not in the order I took these rotations. I'll start with the "big 3" and work my way down.

Surgery at DRH/Harper. I had a wonderful time at DRH because the team rocked and trauma surgery is the most fun type of surgery. Two of the three of us students on the team got to perform at least 1 I&D under supervision. You also get a chance to work with Dr. Tyburski or Drs. Lucas and Ledgerwood if you land on their services, and they are great teachers. Just don't be scared of Dr. Ledgerwood and you will be just fine. Call is Q6 and very busy. You will see everything, but don't expect to sleep on call. In contrast, Harper was horrible, and I mean horrible! The team dynamics were nonexistent, the chiefs sucked, the place is infested with large cockroaches (one walked into the OR during a procedure), and duty hours are ignored on Harper A because it is only against WSU policy and not illegal to make students break them. This is where you pay dearly for your month at DRH, and I wanted to go home and drown myself in booze each night (notice I only wanted to, but did not).

Peds and Medicine: cannot yet comment. I am doing one and have not gotten to the other yet.

OB/Gyn: North Oakland was nice to us, but I did not learn squat. I tried catching a kid a couple times and tried being first assist a few more, but was always tossed out. I counted myself lucky that I got to draw the cord blood. Bonus: free food every day, and the best cafeteria I've seen so far.

Family: Simple advice: get out of Detroit! I enjoyed it so much that I might do it for a career (it is second on my list), and I had no intention of doing it when year 3 started.

Neuro: Ford is a great place to do it. You won't get your hands on much and there are three calls, but you get to make your own schedule in whatever you want. You will have to create powerpoint presentations to teach your fellow students, but this is a good thing because you master the material for the shelf, and there are no WSU lectures.

Psych: ugh. I never want to deal with Dr. Spurlock again. I did the rotation at Sinai Grace and saw a lot of schizophrenia, depression, and drug abuse, but little else. Plus there is call there, and that is not the case in all locations. Only my month of surgery at Harper was worse.

Hope this helps.

thanks... sounds like a lot of you guys did family medicine instead of an elective. Kind of a hard choice for me because I do not think I want to do FP, but I would at least like to give it a shot and see if I would like it.... but there are so many other electives I would like to try...

thanks... sounds like a lot of you guys did family medicine instead of an elective. Kind of a hard choice for me because I do not think I want to do FP, but I would at least like to give it a shot and see if I would like it.... but there are so many other electives I would like to try...

We have a block to do 1 month of FP and 1 month of elective/free; you don't choose. The choice we actually do get is you can either do 1 month of elective or have 1 month off, but choosing the free time is recommended against since it means you will have one less month off in 4th year and 1 more elective to do in 4th year instead.

Do any 3rd years have any advice for the 2nd year OSCE? They say we have to write a problem list and a DDx... is it easy? Are there things we should study before other than the components of the interview and PE? Thanks!

Do any 3rd years have any advice for the 2nd year OSCE? They say we have to write a problem list and a DDx... is it easy? Are there things we should study before other than the components of the interview and PE? Thanks!

Just like for Step 1, know your major diseases backwards and forewards and the differentials for each. And if you actually cared to develop your exam skills the last few months, you should be fine.

thanks guys... it is much appreciated.

do they tell you what books to study for the shelf exams or is there a particular review book series that is good (first aid, recall, etc)?? thanks

Usually I find out from friends who've taken the course before. Most students will tell you whether a book was helpful or downright sucked. If you go into the Clinical years section of this site, there are quite a few threads discussing which book is good for which rotation. I buy most of my books used through Amazon.com because it's a hike for me to get to the bookstore (plus it saves you tons of money) or I just check those emails everyone forwards around.

Blueprints, Case Files, and Pretest have been the most consistently good books for me this year. There were a few instances where other books were better though. Mostly it is trial and error. You'll figure out what works best for you after your first rotation or two.

i'm more apprehensive about the written portion... i don't think i am really going to read all of the schwartz text.

Wow. Endocrine scores are up. The average was 70%. I do believe this is a new low for our class. What a horrible exam/class/lecturers/notes/organizaion.........

All this time I was wondering how to get to the class average. I just needed the class average to come to me. (400 club, we love passing!)

Is it me, or does the 1-7 pharm score not include exam #7?

All I know is I am glad the average was so low b/c I hit a new low for myself with my exam score. But.... it doesn't matter!!!! Poo on Endocrine.

All this time I was wondering how to get to the class average. I just needed the class average to come to me. (400 club, we love passing!)

Is it me, or does the 1-7 pharm score not include exam #7?

I think they are counting the Psych drug exam as one, which is not numbered as a 1-6.

PS if everyone is wondering, who is this new chick that is in our class? Why does she think she can just roll up in here and start posting. Well, my dear friends, I must admit that I've been reading SDN for quite a while, in a stalkeresque fashion, no doubt. And I guess I finally decided that I felt like posting something. So deal. :)

I think they are counting the Psych drug exam as one, which is not numbered as a 1-6.

PS if everyone is wondering, who is this new chick that is in our class? Why does she think she can just roll up in here and start posting. Well, my dear friends, I must admit that I've been reading SDN for quite a while, in a stalkeresque fashion, no doubt. And I guess I finally decided that I felt like posting something. So deal. :)
Good to have you Tybalt. I think more of our class should bitch here instead of Blackboard. It is healthier.

All I know is I am glad the average was so low b/c I hit a new low for myself with my exam score. But.... it doesn't matter!!!! Poo on Endocrine.

I have hit a new low myself! Good thing is (I guess, because how can miserably failing a test ever be good) that it doesn't drop my average too-oo-oo much and I am still passing the whole damn thing. Also I have to love that "you can fail up to two tests" rule of path (since this is my first failure), I only hope that I don't have to use up my other freebie! I actually did better on pharm this time around!!! yaaa-hoo!

And on another positive note - I will never have to deal with hospital PD again! YAA-HOO! This yaa-hoo gets capital letters because I won't ever have to deal with crazy "volunteer" patients who don't want me there...just "real" patients who don't want me there and I can tell them to stick it in a dark place because they have to have this done! AND for the fact that I won't have to deal with my overly - I really shouldn't complain because she is a fellow classmate, but what the h*ll - B*T&# @@#$ @#*& !(# #*#*#&@&@ #*$ @&#*$ (replace with your own expletives) comrade who felt that her poo is sweeter smelling than pretty much everyone elses!

ahhh - now I actually have to start being interested in neuro. :(

I have hit a new low myself! Good thing is (I guess, because how can miserably failing a test ever be good) that it doesn't drop my average too-oo-oo much and I am still passing the whole damn thing. Also I have to love that "you can fail up to two tests" rule of path (since this is my first failure), I only hope that I don't have to use up my other freebie! I actually did better on pharm this time around!!! yaaa-hoo!

And on another positive note - I will never have to deal with hospital PD again! YAA-HOO! This yaa-hoo gets capital letters because I won't ever have to deal with crazy "volunteer" patients who don't want me there...just "real" patients who don't want me there and I can tell them to stick it in a dark place because they have to have this done! AND for the fact that I won't have to deal with my overly - I really shouldn't complain because she is a fellow classmate, but what the h*ll - B*T&# @@#$ @#*& !(# #*#*#&@&@ #*$ @&#*$ (replace with your own expletives) comrade who felt that her poo is sweeter smelling than pretty much everyone elses!

ahhh - now I actually have to start being interested in neuro. :(

that's a great attitude, lol. i sure hope they fix endo for next year students... they should have dr. rystedt and dr. ginsburg run the unit. i think they would do a good job.

yeah i wish the other lurkers would come out of hiding.. then there might be something more than my lame questions to read.

I wonder how low the passing will be. Will it be lower than reno?

Hey guys. I am not a Wayne State student, but I recently matched into EM for Sinai Grace/Wayne State program. I was wondering if any of you had any tips on affordable housing that would be an easy commute to and from Sinai Grace. I am not from the Detroit area, and pretty much all I have seen of Detroit is the little I saw during my residency interview. Any good coffee houses? Brewpubs? I am looking forward to getting my feet wet at Sinai Grace...any tips or suggestions about the area would be appreciated...

ditch

Hey guys. I am not a Wayne State student, but I recently matched into EM for Sinai Grace/Wayne State program. I was wondering if any of you had any tips on afordable housing that would be an easy commute to and from Sinai Grace. I am not from the Detroit area, and pretty much all I have seen of Detroit is the little I was during my residency interview. Any good coffee houses? Brewpubs? I am looking forward to getting my feet wet at Sinai Grace...any tips or suggestions about the area would be appreciated...

ditch

EM at Sinai ? You'll be busy

I am not from the Detroit area, and pretty much all I have seen of Detroit is the little I saw during my residency interview. Any good coffee houses? Brewpubs?

Somebody needs to get you a copy of "Dissecting Detroit," the handbook they give you when you interview at Wayne. :)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070405/BUSINESS06/70405037

OU, Beaumont Hospitals to build medical school

I wonder if this actually is going to happen...

yikes. It is unlikely that this will effect us. 2010 is pretty hopeful... MSU has pushed back their date for moving to GR a few times now. At one point GVSU wanted to start a pharmacy program... There has even been talks of MSU osteopathic school opening something up down in the D. I think if this does happen, it will probably be awhile. It is not that easy to just simply start a medical school. It will be interesting to see what comes of it..

I've been thinking of starting my own medical school. In my school, all the lectures are good and notes are always complete. Plus you get honors based on how awesome you are :)

Where do I sign up? I hope by MCAT score is not expired!

So if your cat is so smelly, what are you feeding it? It's probably not his/her fault!

Where do I sign up? I hope by MCAT score is not expired!

So if your cat is so smelly, what are you feeding it? It's probably not his/her fault!

But it IS his fault!

There are 2 real reasons he smells

1. He seems to be good at excreting his stinky juice from his anal glands. And then he likes to parade around me. It smells like a combo of fish, tin and poo.

2. He is fixed, but he wasn't neutered until he was about 2 years old... and he seems to have some ingrained desire to masterbate everyday. I often wake up thinking he is cuddling me but then I quickly realize what's really going on. If anyone here ever makes it over to my apartment, don't use the fleece blankets; they are his favorite.

(while all of this is true, he doesn't really smell, except for when #1 above takes place -- blech! Oh yeah, and I definitely caught the friends reference but I thought you would rather hear about my cat's sexual tendencies than have me retort with another clever quote... but, hey, Could I BE wearing anymore pants?)

But it IS his fault!

There are 2 real reasons he smells

1. He seems to be good at excreting his stinky juice from his anal glands. And then he likes to parade around me. It smells like a combo of fish, tin and poo.

2. He is fixed, but he wasn't neutered until he was about 2 years old... and he seems to have some ingrained desire to masterbate everyday. I often wake up thinking he is cuddling me but then I quickly realize what's really going on. If anyone here ever makes it over to my apartment, don't use the fleece blankets; they are his favorite.

(while all of this is true, he doesn't really smell, except for when #1 above takes place -- blech! Oh yeah, and I definitely caught the friends reference but I thought you would rather hear about my cat's sexual tendencies than have me retort with another clever quote... but, hey, Could I BE wearing anymore pants?)

hahaha... yeah, our cat does the same thing to my wife's soft pajamas or soft blankets... and he was fixed at around 6 months. I have been saying we just need to get him a female cat and see what happens, but my wife really isn't into that idea. :confused:

hahaha... yeah, our cat does the same thing to my wife's soft pajamas or soft blankets... and he was fixed at around 6 months. I have been saying we just need to get him a female cat and see what happens, but my wife really isn't into that idea. :confused:

sounds pleasant for your kitty... yet, wrong on so many levels :spam: