Ways to ace the USMLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hannalinder

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }A:link { }
Hi,

i found this forum to be very helpful when preparing for step1 and 2 ck. i did the usmle step 1 and 2 ck resently and want to share my preparation process. It took me 2 month for each step. i got 239 and 246.

I did Qbanks on a daily basis for 2-3h the entire two month. That paid off very well 'cause the real exam is just MCQs. So that was the best preparation and i would highly recommend that. Thats what i used:

Kaplan qBank (http://www.kaptest.com - good quality, plus additional resources if u have that time)

rexmedicus (www.rexmedicus.com - good quality, very cheap)

usmle world (www.usmleworld.com - same as kaplan, but slightly cheaper, no additional resources)

Same time i reviewed most topics by reading/testing some of the following resources

First month: used mainly resource material like First Aid book, doctors in training videos, Goljan and firecracker to review topics. I did the following each day: viewed half of DiT videos of one day (so i needed double the time of what DiT proposed) and worked on the according

Second month:

used the qBanks 5-6 hrs each day, and studied 2-3 hrs with the above resources like 1st month.

Perseverance is key for those exams! Better do less a day but stick with doing something every day. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

since when rexmedicus is online?
it appears to be suddenly on the web since yesterday or so.
So I have trouble understanding how you could have used it months ago.