Ways to Gain Clinical Experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muffeoniv

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I volunteer in the emergency room at a hospital, are there any other ways I can gain clinical experience (EMT?) Anything else?

Members don't see this ad.

Open a clinic. That good clinical experience. You could also become a doctor.

A lot of the other good ways to get clinical experience requires getting a job, not just volunteering. Contact local hospitals, there are lots of different tech positions that they have, witch will include different amounts of training. Getting your EMT-B and working on a box, or as an er tech is also a great way to go. Some ERs also have scribes, who basically just fallow around the doc all day, I'm pretty sure they don't require any training, which seems to make this a good way to go since you basically get paid to shadow...

Members don't see this ad :)
I volunteer in the emergency room at a hospital, are there any other ways I can gain clinical experience (EMT?) Anything else?
You can get clinical experience with sick people through the workplace, for class credit, data gathering for a clinical trial, or via volunteerism. It can be gained at a free, family-planning, VA, or private clinic, hospital-affiliated hospice, residential home, rehabilitation facility, nursing home, as a first responder, battle field medic, home hospice care, physical therapy aide, special camp environments, among others. Physician scribe is a great position as it has embedded shadowing, too.