WCU vs. WSSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Horse Girl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey- can anyone give me advice or an opinion on these programs. I know that WSSU is a newer program than Western Carolina, but aside from that- I do not know a ton.

Can anyone give me some first hand advice about these schools and if one has any advantage over the other?

Members don't see this ad.

Having grown up in Winston-Salem, WSSU is not somewhere I would have considered attending in general but the PT program is different. As I understand it, they share a lot of resources with Wake Forest University so I imagine they have the best of both worlds - public school tuition and private school technology, etc.
A friend of mine just met with someone at WSSU. They spent 2 hours talking to her about pre-reqs etc. She was very impressed. They also were very straight forward about how difficult it is to get into PT school.

The only thing I know about WCU is that it's a great price and that it's in the middle of nowhere - which is probably really nice but I'm not interested in being that cold in the winter.